Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,503Posts
    • 35,680Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 288
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 1st Dec 17, 1:45 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 27,654 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Of course they are.
    Don't be getting two triggers though on a shop - only need one.

They are in the same situation as the Tomato Ketchup crisps and the Heinz Lentil & Bacon - they are showing as "Unavailable" on a.com: if you search for them in the search box on the site, they don't get returned in any results (at least not when logged out, I haven't tried when logged in) but searching their name and "Asda" on a general search on Google brings them up such as here for example:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/single-bars-bags/cadbury-chomp-chocolate-bar/910003083849
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    My mistake but if I went back to Asda...As now being overcharged...Would I not be entitled to a nice 2 GC.....I see some profit here...
    12 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 1st Dec 17, 1:47 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 27,654 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    A v T

L @ B soup still OK, as is the Ketchup crisps....Don't get excited by the Jacob Cracker crisps...I like these and its a good comparison and filler for Ts

9 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Ainsley Harriott New England Vegetable Chowder Cup Soup (75g) 1.00 0.50
    2x Ainsley Harriott Broccoli & Stilton Cup Soup (72g) 2.00 1.00
    1x Jacob's Cracker Crisps Smoky Barbecue (150g) 1.00 0.99
    1x McCoy's Ridge Cut The Classics Potato Crisps Variety Pack (6x27g) 1.45 1.00
    1x Ainsley Harriott Cream of Wild Mushroom Cup Soup (75g) 1.00 0.50
    1x McCoy's Flame Grilled Steak Flavour Ridge Cut Potato Crisps (6x27g) 1.45 1.00
    1x Jacob's Cracker Crisps Sour Cream & Chive (150g) 1.00 0.99
    1x Jacob's Cracker Crisps Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar (150g) 1.00 0.99
    Comparison total (compared products only) 9.90 6.97
    +2.93 cheaper
    12 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 1st Dec 17, 1:58 PM
    • 9,038 Posts
    • 59,497 Thanks
    LEJC
    Yeah but the getting the 5 back bit doesnt start till tomorrow. You might not get the 5 back on your 2 transactions from today.
    I could be wrong though. Hope I am
    Originally posted by gocat
    they are holding the transaction over...they know all about small shops and the promotion and have done similar in previous years....they are grateful of the increased business it generates.
    Thats why they were happy to take the details of both cards and put them through tomorrow.

It also means I have my order placed and they can start preparing for what is a busy time for them.
    frugal October...41.82 of 40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 160 out 139 in ...18.64 spend
    • poundsinbucks
    • By poundsinbucks 1st Dec 17, 2:01 PM
    • 1,073 Posts
    • 3,759 Thanks
    poundsinbucks
    A bit late to the party, but finally got some Fusion razor blades after asking staff member to look out the back for more packs . 3 4packs for 22 generating 9.73 APG, using sweetie fillers which will be handy for xmas stockings . Also got 3 10 giftsets generating 19.34 APG 👍.

Poundsinbucks x 😎
    • tpwl66
    • By tpwl66 1st Dec 17, 2:03 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    tpwl66
    Today I’ve recieved my waities vouchers! Yay! I have 6 of 30 & 8 of 40; so I’ve seen there’s lots of chocolates half price today only! So seems a good opportunity to get the Christmas choccies, what I need to know is if I buy them will the till come up as full price before it deducts the voucher, so that I can actually only spend a small amount & use my vouchers, I’m so sorry if this has already been asked,but would be very very grateful is someone could put me right on this x I’ve been trying to catch up & got another 42 Pages to read through! time I’ve done that the daily offer would have finished Hello to everyone, & happy weekend guys x
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 1st Dec 17, 2:05 PM
    • 19,829 Posts
    • 260,329 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Oh look at that! Back in stock:
    https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/256407784

It's T that I am concerned about - items that constantly disappear from their website or become unavailable, in an attempt to thwart my shopping at A, only to reappear afterwards.

The New Refresher Bar was showing unavailable in the early hours of this morning. I am already avoiding mixing and matching it with Maoam Giant Stripes and the Flump to make six, as it seems to be in its own offer on t.com. Therefore, I will get six of the Refresher Bar on its own and (even though on the same shop) mix up six between Stripes and Flump only without Refresher among them. These 10p individual sweets are not fillers on my shops anymore - we actually need them as products in their own right!

If you click on the offer on the New Refresher (Swizzels Original Lemon Flavour bar), it leads to the page with the other items but the Refresher Chews do not show on that page: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/promotions/A31958111

I bought six Refresher Chews this morning - if I want to try vs the T mbuy, I am forced to buy more of them by the above situation on t.com - I do not know whether a mix and match would work but due to the way it appears to be on t.com, I consider it too risky (on items that only cost 10p each) - as a result of this, I will not try 5 Chews and one Flump for example - typically, as I bought more of the Chews, I returned from my shopping trip only to find them showing "unavailable" on t.com. They did still compare against T and picked up 50p though (probably only thanks to the "seven days" rule). T are the worst at it for me - often taking items off t.com only to put them back after I have bought them during their offline time and got an N/A and putting items up to full price online for a day only to show them on offer the day after (so they go up to full price to try to catch me out and thwart my shopping at A).

I think msm is a good guide though - not just on trivial items like these but more substantive ones - the Refresher Chew Bar still showed on msm (although it appears as the Strawberry Refresher on there) and it still had the T pricing on there rather than having gone to "---" for T. Such a small difference is, I think, actually very revealing, significant, helpful and useful. It matters because it indicates whether an item has been unavailable ("OOS") online for more than seven days or not. I think msm uses the same seven days period as the APG happens to use - so, if it is still on msm for the competitor even if showing "*" to indicate OOS, it should still work (as long as it didn't return to the competitor website at a higher price caught by the APG before msm has updated) as it's not been OOS for more than 7 days - but if it's gone to "---" on msm, then it will be over 7 days at that point and it suggests the competitor price will have dropped off the APG. "---" is also useful for seeing if something in A is likely to be an invisible trigger - if it is, it will show "---" for A rather than a price and asterisk.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 01-12-2017 at 2:19 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 1st Dec 17, 2:09 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 2,937 Thanks
    pepper77
    A bit late to the party, but finally got some Fusion razor blades after asking staff member to look out the back for more packs . 3 4packs for 22 generating 9.73 APG, using sweetie fillers which will be handy for xmas stockings . Also got 3 10 giftsets generating 19.34 APG 👍.

Poundsinbucks x 😎
    Originally posted by poundsinbucks
    Can you post that shop ? I think there is better way.
    And if my SADA ever has any stock I'll test.
    • ellie14
    • By ellie14 1st Dec 17, 2:11 PM
    • 1,314 Posts
    • 11,903 Thanks
    ellie14
    Hi

I have no intention of working my notice but am spending these three weeks writing notes on HOW TO .......

I was given wrong figures which I input into wages but as I am responsible for payroll it still my problem/fault That boss said there were other errors but he would not tell me what they were He is wrong. I got serious verbal abuse etc which made me angry and reduced me to tears later so I vowed to myself to go That boss has basically questioned by honesty by his planned progress requirements and that is the biggest issue of all but ......

Mrs Mac you are a lovely lady ,I have met you remember,you are far better than all this ,give it to him good,x

If I had just walked then the xmas pay would be a shamble I am the only person here that knows the system and I would not do that to my staff They are mostly on NMW but with overtime that they need
    He will have forgotten by now how he spoke not only to be me but to 2 others and will be all pally again

I will be citing workplace stress and arthritic pain when I have finished the xmas pay run and my notice period will be covered by a fit note Sorted
    Originally posted by mrsmac10

Mrs Mac you are a lovely lady ,I have met you remember,you are far better than this low life.Give it to him good ,take care.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 1st Dec 17, 2:16 PM
    • 36,195 Posts
    • 152,956 Thanks
    silvercar
    The shop was very happy to take my order today......
    Originally posted by LEJC
    Yeah but the getting the 5 back bit doesnt start till tomorrow. You might not get the 5 back on your 2 transactions from today.
    I could be wrong though. Hope I am
    Originally posted by gocat
    they are holding the transaction over...they know all about small shops and the promotion and have done similar in previous years....they are grateful of the increased business it generates.
    Thats why they were happy to take the details of both cards and put them through tomorrow.

It also means I have my order placed and they can start preparing for what is a busy time for them.
    Originally posted by LEJC

Should work well for you.

My surprising shop small last year was my dentist!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 1st Dec 17, 2:19 PM
    • 6,790 Posts
    • 56,059 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Well 7 free draws up to now definitely not as good well for me anyway but whatever I get its a bonus

Anyone know of where any M & S advent calendars are please.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Have you managed the other 3 yet?

Was wondering if you still won anything. My first 7 were draws too, then I got a coke and a 5 MnS.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • nearlysorted
    • By nearlysorted 1st Dec 17, 2:20 PM
    • 516 Posts
    • 8,429 Thanks
    nearlysorted
    A v M today...

Candles worked....I noticed that the biscuit is also in the 3 4 2 so should compare against Morries to...

I did the chocolate shop but it didn't show the 5 4 1 on the receipt....Did I get the right ones...Help please...Do I need to go back for my GC...

Dairy milk buttons 14.4. gms
    Freddo 18 gms
    Chomp 23.5 gms
    Fudge 25.5 gms
    Curly Wurly 26 gms

8 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bar (25.5g) 0.25 0.30
    2x Glade Luscious Cherry & Peony Large Scented Candle Air Freshener (each) 12.00 8.00
    0.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.10 0.10
    1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g) 0.25 0.30
    1x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) 0.35 0.30
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) 1.09 1.10
    1x Glade Clean Linen Large Scented Candle Air Freshener (each) 6.00 4.00
    1x Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese (350g) 2.00 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) 20.04 14.10
    +5.94 cheaper
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Marmite, I got the 5 for 1 chocs aswell, and they didnt show on receupt either, I wonder if I got the right ones aswell.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    I don't normally have any help to offer but, don't think the normal freddo is in the 5 for 1 but the caramel is
    Can you post that shop ? I think there is better way.
    And if my SADA ever has any stock I'll test.
    Originally posted by pepper77
    These I believe are 2 for xx or something so would need to be bought in multiples of 2 for the bestish (is that a word?) return
    Laugh and the world laughs with you
    Cry and the world laughs at you
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 1st Dec 17, 2:22 PM
    • 1,708 Posts
    • 23,510 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    Hi

I have no intention of working my notice but am spending these three weeks writing notes on HOW TO .......

I was given wrong figures which I input into wages but as I am responsible for payroll it still my problem/fault That boss said there were other errors but he would not tell me what they were He is wrong. I got serious verbal abuse etc which made me angry and reduced me to tears later so I vowed to myself to go That boss has basically questioned by honesty by his planned progress requirements and that is the biggest issue of all but ......

If I had just walked then the xmas pay would be a shamble I am the only person here that knows the system and I would not do that to my staff They are mostly on NMW but with overtime that they need
    He will have forgotten by now how he spoke not only to be me but to 2 others and will be all pally again

I will be citing workplace stress and arthritic pain when I have finished the xmas pay run and my notice period will be covered by a fit note Sorted
    Originally posted by mrsmac10

you have made the right decision you wont regret it.
    you are such a lovely lady and conscientious hard worker who cares about the staff,he`s a complete muppet for treating you like he has(polite version)
    you will be able to have a lovely relaxed christmas and i am in no doubt you will easily fill your days.
    oh has just put the blackpool prog on and its where we had our coffee. i hope you will be back to visit us again sometime.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 1st Dec 17, 2:25 PM
    • 6,257 Posts
    • 86,563 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Of course they are.
    Don't be getting two triggers though on a shop - only need one.

They are in the same situation as the Tomato Ketchup crisps and the Heinz Lentil & Bacon - they are showing as "Unavailable" on a.com: if you search for them in the search box on the site, they don't get returned in any results (at least not when logged out, I haven't tried when logged in) but searching their name and "Asda" on a general search on Google brings them up such as here for example:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/single-bars-bags/cadbury-chomp-chocolate-bar/910003083849
    Oh I got both, stupid mistake never mind.

I don't normally have any help to offer but, don't think the normal freddo is in the 5 for 1 but the caramel is

These I believe are 2 for xx or something so would need to be bought in multiples of 2 for the bestish (is that a word?) return
    Originally posted by nearlysorted
    Normal freddo was definitely in the deal as was caramel.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January 222.5 February 218.80 March
    290.10 April 248.49 May 130.73 June 220.51 July
    162.39 August 311.97 September
    227 October Total so far 2261 miles

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • pippo
    • By pippo 1st Dec 17, 2:25 PM
    • 2,812 Posts
    • 30,251 Thanks
    pippo
    Ummm....doesn't it start tomorrow?
    Originally posted by michaels
    That's what I thought which is a beggar 'cos passing a few later!
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost 9.24
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 1st Dec 17, 2:26 PM
    • 9,682 Posts
    • 112,490 Thanks
    emerald21
    Have you managed the other 3 yet?

Was wondering if you still won anything. My first 7 were draws too, then I got a coke and a 5 MnS.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Congratulations to me lol 2 days in a row all flaming draws

Free sweets on wuntu again get cracking

Hi Ellie and Bargainqueen
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 1st Dec 17, 2:27 PM
    • 19,829 Posts
    • 260,329 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    This one Savvy....

Glade Homemade Biscuit Delight Candle 224g
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Ah! I do know about that in M, but from a few weeks back when they turned out not to be on the 3 for 2 offer in A. I didn't bother looking at the Glade Candles this week in M, only now to find that they are now on the 3 for 2 offer. There will be no change in the M price though - when I say I didn't look at them, I still caught a glimpse of the row of unchanged prices across the candles but didn't specifically note each version of them down again. Not to worry - we know what they are anyway and the information is on here so I will put them onto the M list. About 197 other tasks to do before I get there.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 1st Dec 17, 2:36 PM
    • 3,548 Posts
    • 50,168 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Mrs Mac you are a lovely lady ,I have met you remember,you are far better than this low life.Give it to him good ,take care.
    Originally posted by ellie14
    Yes I remember meeting you Ellie

My family thought it was dangerous going on holiday and meeting up with another two(strange) shoppers

How are you ?
    Merry Christmas
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 1st Dec 17, 2:37 PM
    • 3,548 Posts
    • 50,168 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    you have made the right decision you wont regret it.
    you are such a lovely lady and conscientious hard worker who cares about the staff,he`s a complete muppet for treating you like he has(polite version)
    you will be able to have a lovely relaxed christmas and i am in no doubt you will easily fill your days.
    oh has just put the blackpool prog on and its where we had our coffee. i hope you will be back to visit us again sometime.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    Cheers missus Catch up soon
    Merry Christmas
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 1st Dec 17, 2:40 PM
    • 19,829 Posts
    • 260,329 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    ASDA Smartprice Beef Ravioli in Tomato Sauce (400g)36p 39p I would be surprised if this picked up M now (it seems, in many places, M no longer has their product). M now has new stock back; however this seems to have not yet reached most stores and the A product is probably currently with M N/A due to the previous stockout in multiple stores. If so, it'll likely take more time before the M price returns on the APG, assuming it has fallen off as I imagine it quite possibly has done so. However, it is mostly academic as it's only a fraction of penny - which may give just a penny more - difference anyway.
    All this, about the situation in M (as far as I have worked it out correctly), and the A product appears to be unavailable on a.com now. It's therefore going to have disappeared from the APG entirely (assuming you can find stock - my As been OOS of it each time I've tried recently). I will just the delete the product from the list now.

Useful info. though - if the product has really been discontinued in A and is no longer widely available there (except for a can in an odd store that got lost behind something else), we can now go off to M to see if their product has come back into our store yet, although in effect the price has gone up by a few pence. (I don't think my stockout in M was a local issue - it was every store I had, across three different regions, except one that maintained a dented can each week - I think many Ms nationwide went OOS of their product for several weeks, but it is now coming back.)
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 01-12-2017 at 2:46 PM.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 1st Dec 17, 2:44 PM
    • 6,790 Posts
    • 56,059 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Congratulations to me lol 2 days in a row all flaming draws

Free sweets on wuntu again get cracking

Hi Ellie and Bargainqueen
    Originally posted by emerald21
    indeed.. unbelievable!
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

32Posts Today

4,200Users online

Martin's Twitter