Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,503Posts
    • 35,680Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 285
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 1st Dec 17, 9:12 AM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,292 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Hello,

We’re aware that there has been a delay in sending out your AA Roadmap from MyMail, please accept our apologies for this – it will be with you in the next two weeks. There’s no need to contact our customer services, we will be despatching them as soon as they arrive with us.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 1st Dec 17, 9:13 AM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,292 Thanks
    Picasso7
    (((x))) Di

Huge thanks for all your good wishes. Yesterday wasnt the easiest of days but we got through it. MIL is now out of ICU and making steady progress. One of DHs cousins filmed people at the reception for her to see and we also took home the flowers so we can remake some into a little arrangement for her (flowers are permitted on the ward she is in). The hospital also allowed her sister to stay with her for the entire day, right from 9am.
    The service itself, RC mass in church followed by short committal service at crematorium, went very well and I think FIL would have approved of it. At the end of the crem service we played Fiddlers Green by the Dubliners and much to our amazement everyone joined in and sang. Fabulous!
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    Very pleased to hear that.
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 1st Dec 17, 9:15 AM
    • 4,105 Posts
    • 45,335 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Friday.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 1st Dec 17, 9:22 AM
    • 3,548 Posts
    • 50,168 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    I should be working

Dh has been tasked with get two more shops with the gift sets He did not even complain when I told him the prices Thanks 3 dogs

Going back to work- politics were in play yesterday as I was invited to an impromptu xmas lunch an hour before they were going Apparently they could not find me the previous day when it was being arranged They seemed surprised when I declined

I am walking away with my head held high, to do list etc will be left and my staff paid correctly That boss told me that any HR role is really a waste of money Only sales people really matter

Yes its time to go

Really helps to see it in black and white Thanks
    Merry Christmas
    • chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 1st Dec 17, 9:23 AM
    • 2,570 Posts
    • 48,546 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    Young drivers insurance still causing me probs. Quotes between 1450 - 6k.....
    So many variables.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Hi I used Autosaint for my DS1, if that helps and on a corsa was under 1000
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 1st Dec 17, 9:23 AM
    • 3,548 Posts
    • 50,168 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Really should have said Good morning and am delighted that HG's mil is progressing and that the funeral went well
    Merry Christmas
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 1st Dec 17, 9:29 AM
    • 9,038 Posts
    • 59,497 Thanks
    LEJC
    I should be working

Dh has been tasked with get two more shops with the gift sets He did not even complain when I told him the prices Thanks 3 dogs

Going back to work- politics were in play yesterday as I was invited to an impromptu xmas lunch an hour before they were going Apparently they could not find me the previous day when it was being arranged They seemed surprised when I declined

I am walking away with my head held high, to do list etc will be left and my staff paid correctly That boss told me that any HR role is really a waste of money Only sales people really matter

Yes its time to go

Originally posted by mrsmac10
    what a short sighted comment regarding only sales staff matter...

they need paying too.....

it's the back room people that allow the front of house ones to flourish IMO.
    Treat everyone as you wish to be treated yourself...my dad always said....that boss could learn a thing or two.
    frugal October...41.82 of 40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 160 out 139 in ...18.64 spend
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 9:40 AM
    • 32,106 Posts
    • 457,547 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    COS advent calendar

Daily offer

Free fosters

Offer: FREE at One-stop

Foster's 4x440ml*

*over 18's only
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 1st Dec 17, 9:43 AM
    • 2,570 Posts
    • 48,546 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    Shop from 730 this morning

1x Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bar (25.5g) 0.25 0.26
    1x Melis Capers in Brine (180g) 1.39 1.00
    0.18x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.13 0.13
    4x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (2pt) 3.16 3.20
    3x L'Oreal Paris Read My Lips Christmas Cracker Nude Lip Kit (each) 24.00 11.25
    1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g) 0.25 0.26
    1x ASDA Skimmed Milk (2pt) 0.79 0.80
    1x ASDA Safari Gums (45g) 0.25 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) 29.97 16.90
    14.76 APG Crackers were 8 each in store
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 1st Dec 17, 9:43 AM
    • 7,301 Posts
    • 114,465 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    I should be working

Yes its time to go

I was so sorry to read you had been treated do badly, but pleased you made the right decision for you. I love the way you say with your head held high, a true lady I hope you enjoy your retirement. Xx.
    • aallank
    • By aallank 1st Dec 17, 9:48 AM
    • 2,181 Posts
    • 19,661 Thanks
    aallank
    Does anyone else get a black box appear where the reciept picture is meant to be when trying to take a picture of a receipt on COS?

I have to take about 10 pictures before it will actually show my receipt in the box. Just wondered if anyone knew why really
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 1st Dec 17, 9:50 AM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,292 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I should be working

Yes its time to go

That's lovely to hear! I am so glad for you. I'd love to be able to work less, but my job, which I love, doesn't work like that. Go well!
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 1st Dec 17, 10:08 AM
    • 9,038 Posts
    • 59,497 Thanks
    LEJC
    Well I have managed my first amex small shop....

A local shop has taken my order and I've managed to pay across 2 cards and I can collect it on the 23rd...result!

• marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 1st Dec 17, 10:12 AM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 27,654 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Can I second this post your all doing a fab job and it is much apreciated. Not just our family and friends benefit but i know a lot of food banks and charities are so well done everyone x

On a serious note, Marmite as we are family now, do us a favour, come and decorate my hall as well. And while your here I have a lot of Christmas shopping needs doing , and a basket of apples to make into pies , as yours are do good .
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    I would be more than happy to help....Will you put me up for a week....Provide ample amounts of tea and coffee....O and cakes...And three meals a day.....Lurve apple pie too...
    12 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 1st Dec 17, 10:20 AM
    • 9,038 Posts
    • 59,497 Thanks
    LEJC
    some advice from the Waities shoppers please....

my conditional spends include 10 wys 50 on wine,can I combine that with the conditional spend of 10 wys 50 which they have also sent....if you can I think it may be worth a visit.

I've also got the normal 6 off 30 which seems to go well with 2 of the 15 meal deals so W may figure in my shopping this year.

• gocat
    • By gocat 1st Dec 17, 10:24 AM
    • 4,692 Posts
    • 56,051 Thanks
    gocat
    Muller Light yogurts 4 pack?
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Yep and very nice they are too. Prefer these to the "normal" muller lights. But would still get some "normal" ones if I could find the elusive Christmas one.

Morning all
    • karlie88
    • By karlie88 1st Dec 17, 10:27 AM
    • 8,304 Posts
    • 106,026 Thanks
    karlie88
    Hello everyone, hope you're all well. Just popping in about the Baileys offer at Mossies for 10 with it brand matching at To$co. I realise (according to a post on the dark side) that 1 or 2 bottles works fine.

Has anyone bought more than 2 of them from To$co and have the brand match work? I'm 95% sure it should work but realise that there's a 2 per limit at Mossies so I was wondering whether the brand match system recognises this max 2 per transaction? I doubt it but thought I would ask just in case.

I have a 10 off coupon wys 50 at To$co so was planning on purchasing 5 bottles from there plus fillers, total 60ish, minus 10 for brand match and then 10 off with voucher. If no reports then I will give it a go on Sunday/Monday.

Hope you all have a great Christmas.

Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 1st Dec 17, 10:29 AM
    • 3,513 Posts
    • 19,194 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Is there a trigger:glitch with any chocs?? Tia
    • michaels
    • By michaels 1st Dec 17, 10:30 AM
    • 19,922 Posts
    • 91,328 Thanks
    michaels
    Well I have managed my first amex small shop....

A local shop has taken my order and I've managed to pay across 2 cards and I can collect it on the 23rd...result!
    Originally posted by LEJC
    Ummm....doesn't it start tomorrow?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 1st Dec 17, 10:39 AM
    • 9,038 Posts
    • 59,497 Thanks
    LEJC
    Ummm....doesn't it start tomorrow?
    Originally posted by michaels

The shop was very happy to take my order today......

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

264Posts Today

1,696Users online

Martin's Twitter