Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,503Posts
    • 35,680Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 284
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 1st Dec 17, 8:01 AM
    • 18,321 Posts
    • 199,652 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    It's snowing
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 1st Dec 17, 8:02 AM
    • 9,682 Posts
    • 112,491 Thanks
    emerald21
    My droids yesterday = 11 draws and a 20 meal voucher. Don't give up hope!

Good morning Elite. A cold and icy one here. Go carefully.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    How did you manage 12 lol .... 2phones ?

Good Morning all
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 1st Dec 17, 8:02 AM
    • 16,430 Posts
    • 279,279 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Morning. The little W on my way to work didnt have any 3 for 2 chocs this morning. Didnt stop me from spending s though

Big box of malteasers is 1.82, green and blacks mini collection was 2.87 and they had Lily OBriens for 3.13 and 3.65.

I could probably have found them a lot cheaper elsewhere but time doesnt seem to be my friend much at the moment
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 1st Dec 17, 8:03 AM
    • 18,321 Posts
    • 199,652 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    That was quick, it's stopped now, blink and you miss it!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Anon
    • By Anon 1st Dec 17, 8:10 AM
    • 11,860 Posts
    • 135,978 Thanks
    Anon
    Morning. The little W on my way to work didnt have any 3 for 2 chocs this morning. Didnt stop me from spending s though

Big box of malteasers is 1.82, green and blacks mini collection was 2.87 and they had Lily OBriens for 3.13 and 3.65.

I could probably have found them a lot cheaper elsewhere but time doesnt seem to be my friend much at the moment
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Has anyone checked A 3410 on chocolates recently as there may be some reasonable comparisons if we can find a trigger? That said, their focus seems to be gift sets this year (as does ours - much healthier ).

Many thanks

Anon
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 8:10 AM
    • 32,106 Posts
    • 457,547 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning paw sniffers

My inbox is full of Advent junk this morning.......fur coat and no knickers. In other words, tantalising promises but no substance.

However I did receive my 20 Amazon code for the perfume I bought the other week through Vouchercodes....Allbeauty I think it was

I also bought the 5.50 Green and Blacks chocolates in T yesterday....like you DD, time is running against me these days....please dont analyse that phrase savvy

Another thank you goes to Seren for her fab picture posts every morning. I used to pester Wacky for her Christmas ones
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 1st Dec 17, 8:24 AM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 27,654 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    You think.

I think, just like me, the moment you think you've finished, something else comes along. I find that missing sheet that I forgot I took from M. Thank you for doing this task.

I hope I am not finding more - I just keep giving myself and probably you more to do - however I am thinking about the VO5 products, those that are mainly 4 individual in A? Are they still on the 3 for 2? I notice they are not on the list - are they missing or am I now out of date and they're no longer in the offer? I have them vs M at 2 for 6 but, if they are still in the A offer, it seems to me many of them ought to be on the list against S as well as they are now 3 there.

I notice the OS shower gels are now said to be no longer on 3 for 2 and that that was reported today. I am trying to catch up right now and find out where this is from. Is this just from me earlier (which was just looking at my unreliable SELs in my A) or is it from someone else now? If it is from someone else now, then I will remove them entirely from the M list. I am just trying to catch up and answer this question myself, whilst I am posting this as well.

Candles?!?

Which candles are these against M?
    I have no glitchy candles on my M list. I thought I was finished - now I have to more to do. Actually I didn't think I was finished - I am still part way through - but you get what I mean: this now added onto the end! So, when I am finished (with my info. from M), I am still not finished!!

As for the sweeties, I have sort of caught up - they were already on there but I have changed the list from "need to find a trigger" to there being a trigger (or actually being at least two) but, helpfully, I don't tell you what the actual triggers are on there. (My excuse is that I may, but to be honest it's a lot of repetition and also changing information about yet again if the triggers come and then they go - anyway the information is well-known on the most recent parts of the thread and also there is a reason for not posting the triggers on the list itself as I don't want someone from the stores themselves just to be able to go to my list and say... aha, they're using that as a trigger, let's fix it.) However () I still have yet more to do, as I am yet to add Curly Wurly bars, that are now in the queue waiting for them to be added after I have added all of what I am already adding. So, I started off with just updating the info. from my sheets. Now, I have the info. from my sheets, then the Curly Wurly, then and now the candles, and then sorting the OS if they are still on or are off and dealing with the VO5s and whether they need to be deleted. Just when I thought I only had my M information itself...!

I will update it all eventually - I hope this explains why everything isn't immediately updated right now straight away!)
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    These candles are 3 4 2 in my As 6 v Ms 4... I'm hoping they will compare Savvy

Glade Clean Linen Large Scented Candle Air Freshener
    Glade Luscious Cherry & Peony Large Scented Candle Air Freshener
    12 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 1st Dec 17, 8:28 AM
    • 7,301 Posts
    • 114,465 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    3 x B&H gift Sets, plus fillers = apg for 19.96

Total cost including fillers 82p for the 3.
    Originally posted by Saversue
    Works well but don't do what I did and thow a last minute box of frosties into the mix . apg nearly 21 was being careful to keep it down .
    • lesliejack
    • By lesliejack 1st Dec 17, 8:37 AM
    • 1,424 Posts
    • 10,151 Thanks
    lesliejack
    Black ice for us this morning........HATE IT!!
    Happy December all. x
    essex girl in exile
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 1st Dec 17, 8:38 AM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 27,654 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning....Well we made it....It's now December...Time to put those decorations up and have a fabulous month of festivities...Xmas here we come.....Yipeeee...

Just to add to the thanks list....

3Dogs, Izzeyb, Savvy, Bubbles, BH,..For all your lists/testing ect....There are more of you but at the moment my brain is only just waking up...In fact, everyone who has made this site such a pleasure during my time on it and also throughout this year....You are becoming a part of my family....That is me and the dawg.....Long may it last.....Merry Xmas everyone...Have a great day and indeed a good run up to the big day of the year....

12 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • tweets
    • By tweets 1st Dec 17, 8:44 AM
    • 28,101 Posts
    • 414,140 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

We have had snow during the night .....
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 1st Dec 17, 8:46 AM
    • 7,301 Posts
    • 114,465 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Sorry how rude of me
    Good morning everyone, hope the elite are well, hugs to all those that need or want one. Xx

Hg glad the funeral went as well as it could . how is mil now xx

Sorry but cant remember who mentioned clubcard vouchers expiring last night . checked mine late and had some so managed to buy ds3 a hoody for Xmas.so thanks so much would have lost them otherwise x
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 1st Dec 17, 8:47 AM
    • 36,195 Posts
    • 152,958 Thanks
    silvercar
    Young drivers insurance still causing me probs. Quotes between 1450 - 6k.....
    So many variables.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I hate to say it, but new young driver's insurance, where they are the main driver is never going to be cheap.

Adding a couple of older, low claim drivers as named (not main) drivers will help. As will driving a fairly new but low insurance group small car. Not much more you can do.

I don't think 1450 is unreasonable as a stand alone. You may be able to get cheaper if you multi car. I managed to get DS2's insurance down by adding my car to the mix. As it happens my renewal is 10 months into his year, so it's costing me 60 for those 2 months and that gives him a big discount.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 1st Dec 17, 8:50 AM
    • 36,195 Posts
    • 152,958 Thanks
    silvercar
    Sorry but cant remember who mentioned clubcard vouchers expiring last night . checked mine late and had some so managed to buy ds3 a hoody for Xmas.so thanks so much would have lost them otherwise x
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    Me!

I did also remind last week so people could start thinking, but nothing like last minute to focus the mind.

I used my vouchers to book a hotel night through hotels.com. We have a wedding in central London coming up, so it will be great to be able to stay over rather than worry about getting home late.
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 1st Dec 17, 8:53 AM
    • 7,301 Posts
    • 114,465 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Good morning....Well we made it....It's now December...Time to put those decorations up and have a fabulous month of festivities...Xmas here we come.....Yipeeee...

Just to add to the thanks list....

3Dogs, Izzeyb, Savvy, Bubbles, BH,..For all your lists/testing ect....There are more of you but at the moment my brain is only just waking up...In fact, everyone who has made this site such a pleasure during my time on it and also throughout this year....You are becoming a part of my family....That is me and the dawg.....Long may it last.....Merry Xmas everyone...Have a great day and indeed a good run up to the big day of the year....

Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Can I second this post your all doing a fab job and it is much apreciated. Not just our family and friends benefit but i know a lot of food banks and charities are so well done everyone x

On a serious note, Marmite as we are family now, do us a favour, come and decorate my hall as well. And while your here I have a lot of Christmas shopping needs doing , and a basket of apples to make into pies , as yours are do good .
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 1st Dec 17, 8:55 AM
    • 9,038 Posts
    • 59,497 Thanks
    LEJC
    Good morning all....

I've been hoping all is well with the elite over the past few days,but just not had the ability to join in.....I am just totally drained so I apologise if so much of everyones news has just floated past me......
    I know there have been some significant days and decisions made and I hope that everyone is content x

I have a bit of a present dilemma in as much as I could get a family present of the green and blacks mini's for a few families...or I could get gift sets for the guys/girls individually....to me price wise it makes little difference but I dont want it to appear to them that in buying the gift sets I have gone too extravagant....
    I need to go to both A and T today so I guess it depends if all the gift sets are in stock....there seems a distinct lack of the well priced ones in my A.

.....and then there is W and the chocolates....is the green and blacks there the same size as the T 5.50 one or is it smaller???
    I suspect they are the smaller ones and the larger ones in W that are on offer is the largest box whereas I really want the mid sized one.....

I seem to be building a collection of APG'S mainly from wombles ....but did find the yog's in my store yesterday....and dare I say pallets of them all on the end of the puddings aisle .

curl girl....insurance...we have DS with admiral on a black box that is unrestricted...with us as named extras....his car was new when first insured and I know premiums vary but his first year was 700 ish....and we are what would be termed quite a high risk area for insurance premiums...the 2nd year has gone down to around 550....although I know young drivers and insurance is a mine field...what car are you getting quotes on?
    We did a policy for 10 months that if you remain claim free gives a years no claims at the end of it...so its renewed every 10 months rather than 12.

I dont know if it makes any difference but we found cashback sites and comparison sites far more expensive than than going to the companies individually.

I've updated my toiletries and as always when things don't go well I go back to old habits so there have been far more in than out this week.....

no snow or bad weather here yet but it is very cold so stay safe and warm all...
    Last edited by LEJC; 01-12-2017 at 9:33 AM.
    frugal October...41.82 of 40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 160 out 139 in ...18.64 spend
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 1st Dec 17, 8:57 AM
    • 7,301 Posts
    • 114,465 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Me!

I did also remind last week so people could start thinking, but nothing like last minute to focus the mind.

I used my vouchers to book a hotel night through hotels.com. We have a wedding in central London coming up, so it will be great to be able to stay over rather than worry about getting home late.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Thank you. must have missed it last week , saw it just before going to bed and just had enough for a hoody and know there are better value uses but at least I got something back. Xxx
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 1st Dec 17, 9:00 AM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,292 Thanks
    Picasso7
    250 Happy Virgin Trains Birthday! To celebrate a year since your first Nectar booking with us, here's 250 points.

• mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 1st Dec 17, 9:10 AM
    • 3,548 Posts
    • 50,168 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning.

I totally agree about the Bailey's I love it but a bottle doesn't last very long so definitely not having any this year imagine the syns

MrsMac how does it feel now the decision is made, when will you retire do you have to work much notice?

Hornet girl I hope everything went smoothly yesterday and I hope mil is making a good recovery your dh must be beside himself.

Back to work today
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Hi

I have no intention of working my notice but am spending these three weeks writing notes on HOW TO .......

I was given wrong figures which I input into wages but as I am responsible for payroll it still my problem/fault That boss said there were other errors but he would not tell me what they were He is wrong. I got serious verbal abuse etc which made me angry and reduced me to tears later so I vowed to myself to go That boss has basically questioned by honesty by his planned progress requirements and that is the biggest issue of all but ......

If I had just walked then the xmas pay would be a shamble I am the only person here that knows the system and I would not do that to my staff They are mostly on NMW but with overtime that they need
    He will have forgotten by now how he spoke not only to be me but to 2 others and will be all pally again

I will be citing workplace stress and arthritic pain when I have finished the xmas pay run and my notice period will be covered by a fit note Sorted
    Last edited by mrsmac10; 01-12-2017 at 9:14 AM.
    Merry Christmas
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 1st Dec 17, 9:12 AM
    • 5,260 Posts
    • 69,401 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    (((x))) Di

Huge thanks for all your good wishes. Yesterday wasn’t the easiest of days but we got through it. MIL is now out of ICU and making steady progress. One of DH’s cousins filmed people at the reception for her to see and we also took home the flowers so we can remake some into a little arrangement for her (flowers are permitted on the ward she is in). The hospital also allowed her sister to stay with her for the entire day, right from 9am.
    The service itself, RC mass in church followed by short committal service at crematorium, went very well and I think FIL would have approved of it. At the end of the crem service we played Fiddlers Green by the Dubliners and much to our amazement everyone joined in and sang. Fabulous!
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

264Posts Today

1,606Users online

Martin's Twitter