Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,505Posts
    • 35,686Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 282
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 30th Nov 17, 11:13 PM
    • 19,831 Posts
    • 260,341 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Well, I have been beavering away while watching tv tonight, and I THINK I have updated all todays changes, with Asda lowering prices and Tesco cutting them even more, the list is looking very good for glitches at the moment

Updated Post 210
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    You think.

I think, just like me, the moment you think you've finished, something else comes along. I find that missing sheet that I forgot I took from M. Thank you for doing this task.

I hope I am not finding more - I just keep giving myself and probably you more to do - however I am thinking about the VO5 products, those that are mainly 4 individual in A? Are they still on the 3 for 2? I notice they are not on the list - are they missing or am I now out of date and they're no longer in the offer? I have them vs M at 2 for 6 but, if they are still in the A offer, it seems to me many of them ought to be on the list against S as well as they are now 3 there.

I notice the OS shower gels are now said to be no longer on 3 for 2 and that that was reported today. I am trying to catch up right now and find out where this is from. Is this just from me earlier (which was just looking at my unreliable SELs in my A) or is it from someone else now? If it is from someone else now, then I will remove them entirely from the M list. I am just trying to catch up and answer this question myself, whilst I am posting this as well.

I'd mess it up for sure....Be over 20 for sure.....I needed wash capsules so nothing lost really......Yoghurts and soups still working fine....

Going to try the sweeties and candles tomorrow against morries...They should work out at 1:60 each instead of 6

I don't need them but I need a couple of raffle prizes to donate...
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Candles?!?

Which candles are these against M?
    I have no glitchy candles on my M list. I thought I was finished - now I have to more to do. Actually I didn't think I was finished - I am still part way through - but you get what I mean: this now added onto the end! So, when I am finished (with my info. from M), I am still not finished!!

As for the sweeties, I have sort of caught up - they were already on there but I have changed the list from "need to find a trigger" to there being a trigger (or actually being at least two) but, helpfully, I don't tell you what the actual triggers are on there. (My excuse is that I may, but to be honest it's a lot of repetition and also changing information about yet again if the triggers come and then they go - anyway the information is well-known on the most recent parts of the thread and also there is a reason for not posting the triggers on the list itself as I don't want someone from the stores themselves just to be able to go to my list and say... aha, they're using that as a trigger, let's fix it.) However () I still have yet more to do, as I am yet to add Curly Wurly bars, that are now in the queue waiting for them to be added after I have added all of what I am already adding. So, I started off with just updating the info. from my sheets. Now, I have the info. from my sheets, then the Curly Wurly, then and now the candles, and then sorting the OS if they are still on or are off and dealing with the VO5s and whether they need to be deleted. Just when I thought I only had my M information itself...!

I will update it all eventually - I hope this explains why everything isn't immediately updated right now straight away!)
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 30-11-2017 at 11:37 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 30th Nov 17, 11:16 PM
    • 2,669 Posts
    • 37,496 Thanks
    Claire1972
    Well, I have been beavering away while watching tv tonight, and I THINK I have updated all todays changes, with Asda lowering prices and Tesco cutting them even more, the list is looking very good for glitches at the moment

Updated Post 210
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    You do an amazing job of updating the lists. Thank you xxx
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 30th Nov 17, 11:21 PM
    • 11,860 Posts
    • 135,980 Thanks
    Anon
    Well 8 draws, and 2 x 3 M&S vouchers.

Amazon....Can you not put 'add on' into the search bar, then select Amazon Prime items, then in price order?
    Edit: yes, you can.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=add+on
    Originally posted by davemorton
    9 draws, 3 mands.

My shops were around 8pm so not a 24 hour gap.

HTH

Anon
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 30th Nov 17, 11:23 PM
    • 25,200 Posts
    • 309,398 Thanks
    davemorton
    9 draws, 3 mands.

My shops were around 8pm so not a 24 hour gap.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Im hoping we are not too late to this party.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 30th Nov 17, 11:34 PM
    • 25,200 Posts
    • 309,398 Thanks
    davemorton
    Thanks to HUKD
    A cracking price to star wars/lego fans.
    LEGO Star Wars - Millennium Falcon - 75105 at tescies for 66
    https://direct.asda.com/lego-star-wars-millennium-falcon-75105/000770564,default,pd.html
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 30th Nov 17, 11:40 PM
    • 19,831 Posts
    • 260,341 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Lynx elite ahower speaker comfirmed 5.62 in T.

Also Sanex ahower gel as filler 2.50 vs 2.00 Mr T although 1.80 still not best price for this

Tomato ketchup crisps confirmed working today.
    Originally posted by michaels
    So, you're giving 3Dogs yet more to do. I'm sorry, 3Dogs, I know the feeling!

If anyone has any amendments to make to my M lists... go away. No, please do tell me, and I will update them as soon as I can. (They will just get added to the things to do and be done in order until they are all done - not a problem to me.)
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 30-11-2017 at 11:42 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    • michaels
    • By michaels 30th Nov 17, 11:45 PM
    • 19,928 Posts
    • 91,369 Thanks
    michaels
    I put original source throught the till yesterday at a and it was not 3 4 2 in Hatfield.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 30th Nov 17, 11:48 PM
    • 19,831 Posts
    • 260,341 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Did we find out if One Stop Shops are included in the Amex promotion?

Wonder if anyone knows how much the 500ml Disarrono is in their stores

Remember the 3.50 back on COS

Hooch drinks too
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Maybe talking at cross-purposes but...

Hooch drinks did have (probably still have, I'll trying to catch up with this as well now) 1 COS - they were 1.50 in M but have now, it seems, gone up to 1.67 - so, not as good as they were (assuming COS still to be on). I will remove them from my list.

I have some Disarrono to add - calm down, folks, I still haven't removed the expired from my list yet. I will have a look at the Disarrono - I have now brought it forward to look at sooner, probably wrong size though. Yes, it's not the same size as what you are asking - I can see it immediately on the page I happen to have in front of me - I have Disarrono Sour 95cl at 5. Fwiw, possibly - still to go through the check to see if that is good enough to get to the M list. Maybe no good - sometimes I take an offer price that I think is good, only to find it is still twice as costly as somewhere else - that may be because of a high what is called "reference price", crossed out price that is there on the SEL, that makes it look good and I don't always know instore so I take it anyway but the good thing is it is then checked against elsewhere. If anywhere else is cheaper on msm, or pricerunner for non-grocery items that I have no clue what good prices are (they are quick checks though and can't be guaranteed to pick everything up - given the amount of items I have), then it does not get to the list. I do go beyond those checks occasionally, but obviously I have limited time so am unable to check every possible avenue, as all of us are in the same situation there. The Disarrono might not be a great reduction, but a reduction nonetheless and I will try to check to see if I can see if it's been cheaper before.

If you have 500ml with CB, obviously that may or may not work out cheaper. Thanks for telling us.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 30-11-2017 at 11:58 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 30th Nov 17, 11:49 PM
    • 11,860 Posts
    • 135,980 Thanks
    Anon
    I have been taking the p ... ounds out of my S N3ctar purchases by returning my ill fitting electricals and other items. The pattern has held true, where over 40 items they have been returned to the (... a ... payment card, apart from one return that they insisted had to be on a GC, and 40 transactions refunded on GC, apart from one paid in cash .

Just a few more to go.

Lessons learnt for next time? Buy items over 40 to increase the chance of a cash/payment card return, see what is available in different stores (the smaller the better ) to increase the stores for returns - and buy items from different categories as it doesn’t really matter if you are returning it anyway .

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 30th Nov 17, 11:50 PM
    • 11,860 Posts
    • 135,980 Thanks
    Anon
    Im hoping we are not too late to this party.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Me too - I think some of the Elite may have snaffled many of the decent prizes .

Anon
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 1st Dec 17, 12:00 AM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 22,473 Thanks
    Saversue
    Shop tonight 9.20

Vaseline Original Selection Lip Therapy Tin

11 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison

Asda

tesco

1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) 0.10 N/A
    0.09x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.07 0.09
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) 0.10 0.10
    0.07x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.05 0.05
    3x Vaseline Original Selection Lip Tin (each) 15.00 7.50
    0.02x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.01 0.01
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) 0.10 0.10
    0.12x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.09 0.09
    Comparison total (compared products only) 15.62 8.14
    +7.48 cheaper

APG 8.30, work out 1.70 for the 3 plus fillers.
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 1st Dec 17, 12:02 AM
    • 1,412 Posts
    • 15,979 Thanks
    Nellie35
    I have been taking the p ... ounds out of my S N3ctar purchases by returning my ill fitting electricals and other items. The pattern has held true, where over 40 items they have been returned to the (... a ... payment card, apart from one return that they insisted had to be on a GC, and 40 transactions refunded on GC, apart from one paid in cash .

Just a few more to go.

Lessons learnt for next time? Buy items over 40 to increase the chance of a cash/payment card return, see what is available in different stores (the smaller the better ) to increase the stores for returns - and buy items from different categories as it doesnt really matter if you are returning it anyway .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Or you could just come to our store Anon, they just refunded all double up returns in cash
    • silverhairgranny
    • By silverhairgranny 1st Dec 17, 12:03 AM
    • 1,434 Posts
    • 18,785 Thanks
    silverhairgranny
    Great work you do, thank you 3 dogs
    Last edited by silverhairgranny; 01-12-2017 at 12:08 AM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 1st Dec 17, 12:07 AM
    • 19,831 Posts
    • 260,341 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I put original source throught the till yesterday at a and it was not 3 4 2 in Hatfield.
    Originally posted by michaels
    Thanks for telling me, before I had even got round to catching up. Now I have no need to catch up and don't need to go back through this thread and look. Thanks, you have saved me a lot of time. I thought as much from the SELs in my A earlier in the week, though they were not absolutely clear. I am expert at trying to imply what SELs actually mean. (In fact, it's not the fault of stores - it turns out, according to what you are telling me, that my SELs of straight 1.50 are totally correct - they don't need to be clarifying anything or giving any further information as saying 1.50 is their actual price and there's no offer on them to show. Indeed, it would be incorrect to show one. The problem is that, seeing straight 1.50 makes me wonder whether they really are that or whether there is an offer on them that isn't displayed. Therefore, in that sense, I was implying that the move to straight 1.50 (they had showed the offer in my store before) meant they actually were that and that the offer on them had "probably" ended (note that "probably" on them at that stage, as I could never be sure!). It turns out, according to what you say, that my reading of the SELs and my implying that the offer had probably ended on them was correct - they will disappear now from the M list. We had a good run on them though didn't we, so can't really complain. Hope everyone got what they wanted of them. And it means the offer has moved onto other things now, that are very very good indeed.)
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 01-12-2017 at 12:10 AM.
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 1st Dec 17, 12:08 AM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 22,473 Thanks
    Saversue
    3 x B&H gift Sets, plus fillers = apg for 19.96

Total cost including fillers 82p for the 3.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 12:15 AM
    • 25,200 Posts
    • 309,398 Thanks
    davemorton
    Hukd
    1 eBay Final Value Fees (FVF) on up to 100 items. 3-4 December. Selected Accounts.
    • frequent
    • By frequent 1st Dec 17, 12:15 AM
    • 4,876 Posts
    • 96,609 Thanks
    frequent
    AvT

1x Propercorn Sweet & Salty Popcorn (6x14g) 1.79 1.00
    1x Propercorn Lightly Sea Salted Popcorn Multipack (6x10g) 1.79 1.00

89p apg + 90p COS = 1.79, so free pop corn (claim 3 times on each flavor)
    Reaching a life point where " you don't give flying bollock', its kind of cool here "
    • michaels
    • By michaels 1st Dec 17, 12:22 AM
    • 19,928 Posts
    • 91,369 Thanks
    michaels
    Thanks for telling me, before I had even got round to catching up. Now I have no need to catch up and don't need to go back through this thread and look. Thanks, you have saved me a lot of time. I thought as much from the SELs in my A earlier in the week, though they were not absolutely clear. I am expert at trying to imply what SELs actually mean. (In fact, it's not the fault of stores - it turns out, according to what you are telling me, that my SELs of straight 1.50 are totally correct - they don't need to be clarifying anything or giving any further information as saying 1.50 is their actual price and there's no offer on them to show. Indeed, it would be incorrect to show one. The problem is that, seeing straight 1.50 makes me wonder whether they really are that or whether there is an offer on them that isn't displayed. Therefore, in that sense, I was implying that the move to straight 1.50 (they had showed the offer in my store before) meant they actually were that and that the offer on them had "probably" ended (note that "probably" on them at that stage, as I could never be sure!). It turns out, according to what you say, that my reading of the SELs and my implying that the offer had probably ended on them was correct - they will disappear now from the M list. We had a good run on them though didn't we, so can't really complain. Hope everyone got what they wanted of them. And it means the offer has moved onto other things now, that are very very good indeed.)
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    I know exactly what you mean, for example no mention on the sel for rasor blades or dove soap of 3 4 2 in our A.

Went for free proppercorn this evening but not stocked in our store - perhaps licky as my apgs were 20 and 23 without the extra 5.40 quid if they had had them....
    Cool heads and compromise
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 1st Dec 17, 12:42 AM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 144,966 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Vaseline Original Selection Lip Therapy Tin
    Originally posted by Saversue
    Another one, thanks Saversue

And michaels too, so info tonight

So I once again THINK that post 210 is up to date

Will try to do somework on fillers lists tomorrow night
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 18, Nov 19/16

3for2 list is post 210, Fillers are 211-214
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 1st Dec 17, 12:43 AM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 144,966 Thanks
    3Dogs
    And with that, I am off to bed. Night night folks
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 18, Nov 19/16

3for2 list is post 210, Fillers are 211-214
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,588Posts Today

8,648Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: REPORT PUBLISHED: We reveal how #regulators of essential services can level the playing field & better support consumers with #m?

• RT @mmhpi: "I have massive #anxiety about talking to strangers on the phone" - Regulators must improve the accessibility of essential serv?

• RT @itvMLshow: I know you may be sad that we have no more shows this year BUT you wont have to wait too long for our next LIVE SPECIAL whic?

• Follow Martin