Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,501Posts
    • 35,673Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 281
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 30th Nov 17, 10:31 PM
    • 3,381 Posts
    • 33,230 Thanks
    Picasso7
    afternoon/Evening folks

I have made notes as I've gone along, and, as expected, I am going to be very busy updating the glitch list tonight and for a few days I think Some fantastic new glitches/prices
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    Thank you 3Dogs. It is hugely appreciated.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 30th Nov 17, 10:33 PM
    • 32,080 Posts
    • 457,292 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Now that is fabulous!!!
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Looks a bit itchy to me

Wow weve had some snow today DM havent we?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 30th Nov 17, 10:33 PM
    • 3,381 Posts
    • 33,230 Thanks
    Picasso7
    No, we pay 20, APG sees 30 vs 11.25 (-10% 1.12 = 10.13) so we get 19.87 (pay 13p for 3) - my rounding might be wrong, but thereabouts (4p each)
    Originally posted by abailey54
    I think i've figured out how to put it in an excel spreadsheet.... is there a way to save it somewhere so people can access / alter it?
    Originally posted by CM66
    Asda in A1
    Other Supermarket in B1
    The following in C1
    =((2*A1)-((3*A1)-(3*B1*0.9)))/3
    Originally posted by thepearce
    Thank you abailey and thepearce, that is very helpful. I shall play with my Excel sheet in the morning as my pillow is calling...

CM66, I don't know how to do that. Is your formula the same as thepearce's?
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 30th Nov 17, 10:34 PM
    • 32,080 Posts
    • 457,292 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thank you 3Dogs. It is hugely appreciated.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    Shes gone above and beyond.

A true elite
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 30th Nov 17, 10:34 PM
    • 3,381 Posts
    • 33,230 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Spent 28p on rtc sandwich at Co-op, got a 50p moc for frozen.

Co-op Mag:

50p mocs for Aunt Bessies Roasts 700g/1.4kg and Pukka Pies (Chicken & Leek, and Steak & Porter Ale )

I once had a steak and porter ale, 50p rtc, was very nice.

December Dinner Deal

7 items for 10:

Turkey Breast Joint with stuffing balls

Co op Garden Peas

Co op Button Sprouts

Aunt Bessies Honey Glazed Parsnips

McCains Roasts

Aunt Bessies 12 golden Yorkshires - currently these look like they are in a '15 for 12' pack

Walls Mint Vienetta
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    That December deal is rather good! Thanks Seren.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 30th Nov 17, 10:37 PM
    • 3,381 Posts
    • 33,230 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Did we find out if One Stop Shops are included in the Amex promotion?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    If I am feeling strong enough, I shall ring the number at the back of my card, which is the only option left to us I think as we have tried live chat and Twitter.

Otherwise we'll just have to wait until someone has a chance to try it. Last year I got loo rolls which were a good deal even without the small shop promotion. Someone posted about them on here and I was very grateful.

Right. I've caught up now and am going to bed. Night everyone.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 30th Nov 17, 10:37 PM
    • 3,381 Posts
    • 33,230 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Shes gone above and beyond.

A true elite
    Yes, she has. She should have a special badge all to herself!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 30th Nov 17, 10:39 PM
    • 32,080 Posts
    • 457,292 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Yes, she has. She should have a special badge all to herself!
    Get to bed
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 30th Nov 17, 10:40 PM
    • 25,178 Posts
    • 309,168 Thanks
    davemorton
    Looks a bit itchy to me

Wow weve had some snow today DM havent we?
    Too right!!

I'm religious and I love it!
    Good, well its stopping (no point deleting it when it has been quotes twice anyway

Since it appears we have some amazing excel gurus on here, could someone tell me how I can make a cell go red if the number in that cell is less than the number in another cell please? (Sat cell b2 is 6 and cell c2 is 5, I would want cell c2 go red) I also have another sum in that cell already, so done know if that makes it harder? TIA
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 30th Nov 17, 10:50 PM
    • 13,358 Posts
    • 144,830 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Well, I have been beavering away while watching tv tonight, and I THINK I have updated all todays changes, with Asda lowering prices and Tesco cutting them even more, the list is looking very good for glitches at the moment

Updated Post 210
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 18, Nov 19/16

3for2 list is post 210, Fillers are 211-214
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 30th Nov 17, 10:51 PM
    • 13,358 Posts
    • 144,830 Thanks
    3Dogs
    I loved the Jesus Christmas sweater too DM, good twist on it, after all Christmas is to celebrate Christ's birthday
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 18, Nov 19/16

3for2 list is post 210, Fillers are 211-214
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 30th Nov 17, 10:52 PM
    • 1,765 Posts
    • 21,795 Thanks
    curl girl
    Often means that Amazon was cheaper (Or worked out cheaper for them because they had prime for free delivery)! Did you check Amazon first?
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Yes.
    Amazon was more expensive so I ordered from eBay. Still puzzled to receive an Amazon package!

Evening peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • abailey54
    • By abailey54 30th Nov 17, 10:54 PM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 19,255 Thanks
    abailey54
    Too right!!

Good, well its stopping (no point deleting it when it has been quotes twice anyway

Since it appears we have some amazing excel gurus on here, could someone tell me how I can make a cell go red if the number in that cell is less than the number in another cell please? (Sat cell b2 is 6 and cell c2 is 5, I would want cell c2 go red) I also have another sum in that cell already, so done know if that makes it harder? TIA
    You need to fiddle with conditional formatting, I think there’s an option to add a formula (e.g. B2 > C2)

Edit - sorry that’s not very helpful, can probably tell you more specifically tomorrow when I can remember what excel looks like, but by then I expect someone who actually knows stuff will reply
    Last edited by abailey54; 30-11-2017 at 10:57 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 30th Nov 17, 10:54 PM
    • 11,853 Posts
    • 135,907 Thanks
    Anon
    Did we find out if One Stop Shops are included in the Amex promotion?

Wonder if anyone knows how much the 500ml Disarrono is in their stores

Remember the 3.50 back on COS

Hooch drinks too
    No updates on 1stop but that is not unusual as the map is useless and staff running the promo do not know much better. It will probably be trial and error as usual (or monitor HUskD and let someone else try ).

Anon
    • michaels
    • By michaels 30th Nov 17, 10:56 PM
    • 19,903 Posts
    • 91,271 Thanks
    michaels
    Too right!!

Conditional formatting
    Cool heads and compromise
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 30th Nov 17, 10:58 PM
    • 25,178 Posts
    • 309,168 Thanks
    davemorton
    Conditional formatting
    Originally posted by michaels
    Tried that, but must have just been inputting it wrong.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 30th Nov 17, 10:59 PM
    • 11,853 Posts
    • 135,907 Thanks
    Anon
    Yes.
    Amazon was more expensive so I ordered from eBay. Still puzzled to receive an Amazon package!

Evening peeps.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    No neeed to be puzzled. There are many marketplace sellers sell on both so no doubt they sometimes drop ship from Amazon stock, possibly if there is a delivery deal on?

Anon
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 30th Nov 17, 11:02 PM
    • 19,825 Posts
    • 260,287 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I cannot see it.... what is our TM telling us?

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Normally it's people asking what Savvy is telling us, as he often posts confused posts (posts that confuse other people anyway) that no-one understands.

(That's because I am trying to be 100% accurate all the time - an underachievable I know, but it's how I think. If there is something that's not technically true, most people would still say it as, in the scheme of things, the technical incorrectness is largely irrelevant and can be ignored - the gist, that people get, is correct. With me however, I have to reword it, or word it in the first place, so that it is completely technically correct, including all caveats, which just lengthens posts and people can't see the gist or understand what I am going on about. However, all the information is there (indeed, having *all* of it there is part of the very problem - people don't need all, they just need the general idea, which works perfectly well in nearly all situations) and, probably like this post now, I understand it all as I see everything and know all the detail. Sort of. My get-out clause at the end.

"Why don't you just post the information people need, rather than everything?" people might ask. The problem is that I don't know what people need and what they don't - using the word "need" will lead to hours of discussion - and I have difficulty identifying what is relevant and what is not, so, you just get everything! The problem is that what is "relevant" to one person is "irrelevant" to another and I suppose all pieces of information, however trivial in some instances or in most places, have their own relevance in their own context. Then, of course, it's a problem of context and me being, at least in theory, context-blind. Or most people seem intuitively to know context, whereas I have to reach it by an indirect way (or, rather, for me, a direct way as it's the way I always do it) of taking time to think about it academically. Then again, academic thought of what the context might be may be well in theory but does not translate to being able to do it, without any delay at all, in practice - which is probably why I don't hold conversations in RL in the usual way - and lack of body language to identify cues etc.)
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 30-11-2017 at 11:10 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 30th Nov 17, 11:10 PM
    • 19,903 Posts
    • 91,271 Thanks
    michaels
    Well, I have been beavering away while watching tv tonight, and I THINK I have updated all todays changes, with Asda lowering prices and Tesco cutting them even more, the list is looking very good for glitches at the moment

Updated Post 210
    Lynx elite ahower speaker comfirmed 5.62 in T.

Also Sanex ahower gel as filler 2.50 vs 2.00 Mr T although 1.80 still not best price for this

Tomato ketchup crisps confirmed working today.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 30th Nov 17, 11:11 PM
    • 2,617 Posts
    • 35,617 Thanks
    pacifica9

Updated Post 210
    You are an absolute star. . Thank you!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,042Posts Today

7,655Users online

Martin's Twitter