Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,516Posts
    • 35,710Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 272
    • locarr
    • By locarr 30th Nov 17, 10:44 AM
    • 7,761 Posts
    • 138,916 Thanks
    locarr
    Morning All!

Last edited by locarr; 30-11-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • inna
    • By inna 30th Nov 17, 10:51 AM
    • 533 Posts
    • 9,927 Thanks
    inna
    offer came up few weeks ago, expires on 30.11.17
    i only got it on one of my two accounts.

How did u get the free breakfast rolls. Nothing showing on my gregs app
    tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 30th Nov 17, 11:00 AM
    • 4,659 Posts
    • 56,916 Thanks
    Serendipitious

I don't know about him, I really don't...

Massive display in T's, unnerving...
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• locarr
    • By locarr 30th Nov 17, 11:00 AM
    • 7,761 Posts
    • 138,916 Thanks
    locarr
    What does everyone else use to get the ice off their windscreen? Today I used a discount card from my wallet, but it was no good. I only got 20% off
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • Anon
    • By Anon 30th Nov 17, 11:06 AM
    • 11,882 Posts
    • 136,173 Thanks
    Anon
    I used a free breakfast offer on Gweggs yesterday but it is still showing on the app - has it renewed and can I use it again please?

Many thanks

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Well there is 2 I wont see again .

In answer to my own question, no it didnt work a second time despite still showing and having a different number to yesterday.

HTH

Anon
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 30th Nov 17, 11:14 AM
    • 3,392 Posts
    • 33,350 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I currently have 5 off a 10 spend at the post office. Thanks to DM for highlighting
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Not me

I've not caught up but 14All cards work.

Anon, thanks for confirming that this is not part of the shop small offer.
    Last edited by Picasso7; 30-11-2017 at 11:24 AM.
    • bcw123
    • By bcw123 30th Nov 17, 11:21 AM
    • 909 Posts
    • 13,295 Thanks
    bcw123
    morning all any one else having same problems with AOL as yesterday
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 30th Nov 17, 11:24 AM
    • 3,392 Posts
    • 33,350 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Morning all, FILs funeral today.
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    I'll be thinking of you today.

It was my dad's yesterday and as strange as it sounds we had a fantastic day, he would have loved every minute of it. There were 146 people ghere apparently.
    We had the after bit at a local pub which used to be thriving but was taken over about ten years ago and went rapidly downhill so everyone stopped going. Anyway a young lad took it on this summer, closed for a couple of months, renovated it, its a beautiful building and now its as busy as it used to be.
    Dd maternity leave finishes next week and she got herself a job there last night, she starts next week, good eh. My dad would be pleased with that.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I'll be thinking of you today, Hornet Girl. Di, thanks for posting this. My Dad's funeral was a good day too -- I think funerals can be, despite the grief. HG, I hope yours goes well too.
    • inna
    • By inna 30th Nov 17, 11:25 AM
    • 533 Posts
    • 9,927 Thanks
    inna
    oh dear
    i'm surprised they didn't give it to you for free, i guess depends on SA / manager
    complain to HO and get a gift card

Well there is 2 I wont see again .

In answer to my own question, no it didnt work a second time despite still showing and having a different number to yesterday.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 30th Nov 17, 11:26 AM
    • 4,659 Posts
    • 56,916 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Thank you. Just got one. Shame only Turquoise left. Would have liked one of the berry ones. Would go nicely with my hearing dogs volunteer polo shirt
    Maybe can change it when I collect
    Originally posted by gocat
    I got the houndstooth check version, in navy, for a gift.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 30th Nov 17, 11:59 AM
    • 6,275 Posts
    • 86,720 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    What does everyone else use to get the ice off their windscreen? Today I used a discount card from my wallet, but it was no good. I only got 20% off
    Originally posted by locarr

morning all any one else having same problems with AOL as yesterday
    Originally posted by bcw123
    No its working today.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January 222.5 February 218.80 March
    290.10 April 248.49 May 130.73 June 220.51 July
    162.39 August 311.97 September
    227 October Total so far 2261 miles

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • willowwispy
    • By willowwispy 30th Nov 17, 12:03 PM
    • 739 Posts
    • 12,546 Thanks
    willowwispy
    I got the houndstooth check version, in navy, for a gift.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious

I can't get it to take 10 off, keeps taking 10% instead 😕
    Womble Total 2014 - 31.05

APG Total for 2014 297.12
    PP Total for 2014 89.94
    Sealed Pot Challenge #293 for 2014 - 400
    • Lima-India
    • By Lima-India 30th Nov 17, 12:14 PM
    • 367 Posts
    • 2,236 Thanks
    Lima-India
    Just been thinking about all those who are getting Android's - to check you know about Shopprize uk app (which I think is only available on Android not Apple) - to scan any food/drink receipts - 5 a day - and get the 5 Amazon vouchers every couple of weeks.
    • ledlights
    • By ledlights 30th Nov 17, 12:17 PM
    • 240 Posts
    • 3,624 Thanks
    ledlights
    Aussie shampoo, conditioner & 3 minute miracle 2 each @ Morrisons are these still in the 342 if so it would make them very cheap hope this helps
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 30th Nov 17, 12:24 PM
    • 25,205 Posts
    • 309,432 Thanks
    davemorton
    morning folks what phones have people brought to use android pay on

tia
    Originally posted by newbie1980
    I got an alcatel a3, CPW 70 but 50 cash back, if it comes through, and quidco.

Morning all.....Very cold today....Forecast of some snow showers.....Good job I am nice and cosy at home today....Should complete 90% of my hall stairs and landing painting today.....Then its down to glossing the skirtings and doorframes.....Boiler man due to arrive shortly to service the boiler....

Have a good days glitching....Could be a good one with everything changing..
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    You mean you dont do the skirting boards first?

Well, first 4 parcels, all draws
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 30th Nov 17, 12:25 PM
    • 6,275 Posts
    • 86,720 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Just been thinking about all those who are getting Android's - to check you know about Shopprize uk app (which I think is only available on Android not Apple) - to scan any food/drink receipts - 5 a day - and get the 5 Amazon vouchers every couple of weeks.
    Originally posted by Lima-India
    I cant find this on playstore?? what does the app look like please.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January 222.5 February 218.80 March
    290.10 April 248.49 May 130.73 June 220.51 July
    162.39 August 311.97 September
    227 October Total so far 2261 miles

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • michaels
    • By michaels 30th Nov 17, 12:36 PM
    • 19,950 Posts
    • 91,518 Thanks
    michaels
    So I was in hurry in Mr A last night, found the trigger yogs and made to baskets - but somehow managed to put 11 in one basket and thus had 10 plus the trigger so no apg win and in the other had 9 so no 10 for 3 offer - double fail
    Cool heads and compromise
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 30th Nov 17, 12:41 PM
    • 2,462 Posts
    • 28,183 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    I got an alcatel a3, CPW 70 but 50 cash back, if it comes through, and quidco.

You mean you dont do the skirting boards first?

Well, first 4 parcels, all draws
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Definitely not....All the glossing is the final part to do.....otherwise they would have to be covered to stop all the little paint sprays from the roller going over them...Easier to emulsion first then gloss.............Looking like another couple of days to finish....Then the Xmas decorations can go up...
    Last edited by marmitelovemehateme; 30-11-2017 at 12:44 PM.
    9 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 30th Nov 17, 12:42 PM
    • 2,462 Posts
    • 28,183 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Heard on the radio this morning that Waities are reducing all their chocolates to half price from tomorrow....I would not think it's all chocolate but probably Xmas stock.....Might produce something to our benefit....
    9 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Bargaingeek
    • By Bargaingeek 30th Nov 17, 12:43 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 1,733 Thanks
    Bargaingeek
    Oh dear ! I had a fail this morning too with the Glade Candles and the Soup offer ! Not enough items to compare forgot about duplicates !

So I was in hurry in Mr A last night, found the trigger yogs and made to baskets - but somehow managed to put 11 in one basket and thus had 10 plus the trigger so no apg win and in the other had 9 so no 10 for 3 offer - double fail
    Originally posted by michaels
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,635Posts Today

6,026Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin