Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,503Posts
    • 35,676Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 271
    • inna
    • By inna 30th Nov 17, 9:50 AM
    • 533 Posts
    • 9,927 Thanks
    inna
    Nor me three
    Do we know why waities don't like us??

Nor me
    Night all
    Originally posted by bubbs
    • Anon
    • By Anon 30th Nov 17, 9:51 AM
    • 11,859 Posts
    • 135,960 Thanks
    Anon
    Just a wee thing I have done ! I keep a trigger yoghurt in my bag and if they don't have it in store I "accidently" put it in with my other 9 yoghurts ! Still free yoghurts !
    Originally posted by Bargaingeek
    I would exercise caution doing this and personally wouldnt risk it - there are a lot of security cameras instore (seen and unseen) and you could be accused of theft or at least have a difficult conversation with security.

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 30th Nov 17, 9:54 AM
    • 11,859 Posts
    • 135,960 Thanks
    Anon
    normally once you refresh the app it dissapears
    Originally posted by newbie1980
    I thought that but have closed it down and opened a few times and it is still showing.

Anon
    • gocat
    • By gocat 30th Nov 17, 9:56 AM
    • 4,691 Posts
    • 56,040 Thanks
    gocat
    Goid morning beautiful people!
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    Hi mrs Ids. Wondering have you spotted any of the muller christmas yogurts in any local A's. Think you are from my neck of the woods lol. Ive tried Tllbury a few times but no luck. Might try Basild0n today.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 30th Nov 17, 9:56 AM
    • 14,140 Posts
    • 247,352 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

A small flurry of snow lasting 6 minutes...
    I'll resume search for snow boots if it returns

♥ HG ♥

Mrs Mac best thing I did - even though I dreamed last night I was still working there & had left a customer waiting for ages
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 30th Nov 17, 9:58 AM
    • 14,140 Posts
    • 247,352 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Ts H0me P4nel

From tomorrow, Sunday 3rd December, we are inviting you to take part in a week of Food Logging. If you participate for all 7 days you will earn a total of 56 points, guaranteeing you a 10 Bonus Bond voucher at the end with points to spare!

Each day, we would like you to tell us about your meals, any food waste, and one additional Question Of The Day. You can complete each day's diary entry throughout the course of your day or summarise your day's food by the end of each day.

We also ask you to take a picture of your meals (and any leftovers) if you can, so you may prefer to complete the diaries on a mobile device such as a phone or tablet to make this a little easier for you. It will, of course, also be available on a desktop and laptop.

Each day, the diary becomes available at 6am and is available for you to complete until midnight the following day. Please log into your Home Panels account to access the latest survey.

We really look forward to hearing from you and hope you'll enjoy your experience as well and don't forget to take part each day to rack up your total of 56 points!

Our Family Motto ~

• gocat
    • By gocat 30th Nov 17, 9:58 AM
    • 4,691 Posts
    • 56,040 Thanks
    gocat
    M and S

10 off womens coats and jackets

Works on 12.50 fleece gilet
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Thank you. Just got one. Shame only Turquoise left. Would have liked one of the berry ones. Would go nicely with my hearing dogs volunteer polo shirt
    Maybe can change it when I collect
    • Anon
    • By Anon 30th Nov 17, 10:00 AM
    • 11,859 Posts
    • 135,960 Thanks
    Anon
    Am3x 5 back on 45 in BP has appeared on my Gold but not N3ctar.

... that said you would spend close to that, as the price difference onatank of fuel, due to their inflated prices .

Anon
    • inna
    • By inna 30th Nov 17, 10:03 AM
    • 533 Posts
    • 9,927 Thanks
    inna
    i had free bfast roll last week, but it's still showing on my app too. i haven't tried again and it expires in 1 hour.

I thought that but have closed it down and opened a few times and it is still showing.

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 30th Nov 17, 10:03 AM
    • 3,206 Posts
    • 32,523 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Morning all, FILs funeral today.
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    I'll be thinking of you today.

It was my dad's yesterday and as strange as it sounds we had a fantastic day, he would have loved every minute of it. There were 146 people ghere apparently.
    We had the after bit at a local pub which used to be thriving but was taken over about ten years ago and went rapidly downhill so everyone stopped going. Anyway a young lad took it on this summer, closed for a couple of months, renovated it, its a beautiful building and now its as busy as it used to be.
    Dd maternity leave finishes next week and she got herself a job there last night, she starts next week, good eh. My dad would be pleased with that.
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 5lb
    • Anon
    • By Anon 30th Nov 17, 10:12 AM
    • 11,859 Posts
    • 135,960 Thanks
    Anon
    The updated prices are on MSM which suggests both A and T updates may be in the system (no guarantees - I know apg does not use MSM before I get any smarty pants responses ).

B&H Sport Men’s Citrus Lime and Mint looks nice - 9 A v 4.50 T, Pay 18, 13.50 T, apg 14.85, 3.05 for 3.

I am sure there will be better comparisons including the Benegit sets.

HTH

Anon
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 30th Nov 17, 10:17 AM
    • 3,513 Posts
    • 19,192 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Hi mrs Ids. Wondering have you spotted any of the muller christmas yogurts in any local A's. Think you are from my neck of the woods lol. Ive tried Tllbury a few times but no luck. Might try Basild0n today.
    Originally posted by gocat
    I havenit tried the yogurt shop yet. Might try today. Will try and locate a list and give it a try. Is a christmas one a trigger?
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 30th Nov 17, 10:19 AM
    • 1,776 Posts
    • 21,889 Thanks
    curl girl
    Thanks Seren, got a fleece for mum.

Morning peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • gocat
    • By gocat 30th Nov 17, 10:19 AM
    • 4,691 Posts
    • 56,040 Thanks
    gocat
    i had free bfast roll last week, but it's still showing on my app too. i haven't tried again and it expires in 1 hour.
    Originally posted by inna
    How did u get the free breakfast rolls. Nothing showing on my gregs app
    tia
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 30th Nov 17, 10:20 AM
    • 1,776 Posts
    • 21,889 Thanks
    curl girl
    I tried to pay on m&s with a tcb egift voucher which came up invalid!

Will have to ask at cs.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • gocat
    • By gocat 30th Nov 17, 10:21 AM
    • 4,691 Posts
    • 56,040 Thanks
    gocat
    I havenit tried the yogurt shop yet. Might try today. Will try and locate a list and give it a try. Is a christmas one a trigger?
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    Yes its a christmas one plus 9 other muller lights and rice that compare to Sains. Spend 3 and get apg for 3+ so free yogs
    Can get mull corners but the comparisons isnt so good.
    hth
    • gocat
    • By gocat 30th Nov 17, 10:25 AM
    • 4,691 Posts
    • 56,040 Thanks
    gocat
    Example shop for you mrs ids. Thanks to savvybuyer

Mullers still working.

9 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda sainsbury's
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Strawberry Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Apple Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Original Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Vanilla Custard Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    Comparison total (compared products only) 6.12 3.15
    +2.97 cheaper

I understand the offer is supposed to be on in S until 12th December. So, it should continue to work as long as the Christmas Bakery stays off. I was just buying a non-grocery item on its own shop, but I figured that it was best to add a 3 APG onto the shop and turn it into 3.29. Not too happy about the Vanilla Chocolate Sprinkles though - 10g lower weight? I've been shortchanged! I did leave that off a shop some days ago. There was limited choice of other ones (that compare against S 35p) in my store anyway - not that they are OOS, I think they just don't have them in that store - so I bought the Chocolate Sprinkles as one of my ten - I suppose we will still need that variety at some time and I guess we eat one yogurt at a time and the lack of 10g isn't going to make us consume an extra one. They consume another of the other ones as it is; as shown by having to buy them again now. And they particularly like the Bakery with Gingerbread Men so they always need that one buying again.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 30th Nov 17, 10:29 AM
    • 14,140 Posts
    • 247,352 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    lesliejack was yesterday's smartest player!

26 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Thursday): World : UK

Our Family Motto ~

• finlay
    • By finlay 30th Nov 17, 10:29 AM
    • 341 Posts
    • 1,208 Thanks
    finlay
    I tried to pay on m&s with a tcb egift voucher which came up invalid!

Will have to ask at cs.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Mine worked fine. Thanks to Seren, got a fleece to keep the biting northern winds at bay. Must stop Mr finlay eating smart price beans....
    Snootchie Bootchies!
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 30th Nov 17, 10:30 AM
    • 19,827 Posts
    • 260,312 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Small glitch on 5 for 1.00 chocs.

AvS or AvM 1.10 v 1.00.
    AvT 1.10 v 1.08. N/A v W.

1x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) 0.35 0.25
    1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Little Bar (18g) 0.25 0.25
    1x Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bar (25.5g) 0.25 0.25
    1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g) 0.25 0.25

Invisible trigger is Cadbury Chomp (23.5g)
    Originally posted by frequent
    Is M mbuy pricing of 4 for 1 or straight 25p? Obviously I didn't concentrate on those little blighters in M as they are normally not very good.

Fab thanks, 4 Curly Wurly will give 50p back on 1 spend, and a good filler for yoghurts .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Best one might be Candyland Black Jacks at 36p each if they pick up their 4 for 1 for M. Not a good filler for yogurts. Mind you, you don't really need any fillers for yogurts - can just put them on their own shop if you buy enough different versions. Should be put onto every shop everytime you buy any shop that has only any (or all!) of the following: non-grocery items or items that are excluded from the APG and are themselves at a good price in A; APG-qualifying grocery items that are N/A against S and either N/A across the board or at least 10% cheaper than every competitor (which won't be S) to which they compare against; items that compare good (preferably best) against S (but you don't need these as I'm referring to any shopping where you weren't originally targeting anywhere - should turn every one of them into a Muller Light and Rice shop, whether you need any or not, until further notice - as long as your store remains in stock of Christmas Bakery).

Against M, I couldn't see what the Candyland Black Jacks returned recently (they did work a long time before and there's been no change in pricing in M) - the wombles bought me Candyland Fruit Salad on their shop.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 30-11-2017 at 10:42 AM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,285Posts Today

7,678Users online

Martin's Twitter