Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,503Posts
    • 35,676Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 269
    • Sunflower1227
    • By Sunflower1227 29th Nov 17, 11:48 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 21,219 Thanks
    Sunflower1227
    Yes it should work in T's Anon, I was with emerald when she used it in there. I haven't taken part myself as my current phone is not compatible
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    Mine isnt either Nellie iphone, nor the mini samsung my brother gave
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 29th Nov 17, 11:50 PM
    • 25,191 Posts
    • 309,286 Thanks
    davemorton
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    That is sooo funny!!
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 29th Nov 17, 11:54 PM
    • 25,191 Posts
    • 309,286 Thanks
    davemorton
    I finally got Android Pay working after switching the phone off and switching back on again . 1 free coke and 9 prize draw entries after all that effort! Better than nothing but I expect a much better return on my investment over the days ahead .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    How did you manage 10 shops, did you just take 10 items to the self checkout, or in and out of store?
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 29th Nov 17, 11:55 PM
    • 11,859 Posts
    • 135,963 Thanks
    Anon
    Excellent. I am just trying to install android pay. Give me a full review when you get back please.
    Read T&C, and it does look like we have to wait for 30 days BEFORE claiming for the cashback.
    After cashback, and selling the phone, there is about 30 profit, should have bought 3
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Just be careful as the limit is three devices per person/household and each needs a phone to trade in. The CPW T&Cs don’t mention it but the Alcatel T&Cs say it has to be a working smart phone/feature phone to qualify.

If you have the phones available though it could be a reasonable profit even if just trading in to CEX .

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 30-11-2017 at 12:18 AM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 30th Nov 17, 12:04 AM
    • 19,829 Posts
    • 260,319 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Vs S
    1x ASDA Macaroni Cheese (395g) 0.45 0.39

EDIT: Careful - Macaroni Cheese (400g) now saying 55p on sains.co.uk - I thought they were cheaper before but had gone up, interested to see them comparing against 39p but it looks like this will only work until the system updates at 6am, so it needs shopping overnight this morning - it seems S has gone back up again. EDIT 2: Maybe a little longer - competitors' prices are normally obtained "by midday". I think forget it to be honest - hope S goes back to lower price again soon.

No use buying SP Chocolate Chip Cookies against M right now and hoping for a weight adjustment price:
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chocolate Chip Cookies (250g) 0.40 N/A

They are comparing vs straight 40p at T:
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chocolate Chip Cookies (250g) 0.40 0.40

Obviously avoid Sains. on that one as it is the worst comp.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 30-11-2017 at 12:11 AM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 30th Nov 17, 12:21 AM
    • 11,859 Posts
    • 135,963 Thanks
    Anon
    How did you manage 10 shops, did you just take 10 items to the self checkout, or in and out of store?
    I just stood at the SS till in T - scanned item, Pay, Open parcel. Scan, item, Pay, Open parcel. Etc.

It was straightforward enough once I got it working (and quiet at this time of night, so no chuntering from others while holding the queue up ).

Anon
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 30th Nov 17, 12:23 AM
    • 25,191 Posts
    • 309,286 Thanks
    davemorton
    I just stood at the SS till in T - scanned item, Pay, Open parcel. Scan, item, Pay, Open parcel. Etc.

It was straightforward enough once I got it working (and quiet at this time of night, so no chuntering from others while holding the queue up ).

Anon
    I think I would feel crap standing there 10 mins buying 20p items. You have to leave a minute between shops dont you?
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 30th Nov 17, 12:35 AM
    • 19,829 Posts
    • 260,319 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Mullers still working.

9 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda sainsbury's
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Strawberry Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Apple Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Original Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Vanilla Custard Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    Comparison total (compared products only) 6.12 3.15
    +2.97 cheaper

I understand the offer is supposed to be on in S until 12th December. So, it should continue to work as long as the Christmas Bakery stays off. I was just buying a non-grocery item on its own shop, but I figured that it was best to add a 3 APG onto the shop and turn it into 3.29. Not too happy about the Vanilla Chocolate Sprinkles though - 10g lower weight? I've been shortchanged! I did leave that off a shop some days ago. There was limited choice of other ones (that compare against S 35p) in my store anyway - not that they are OOS, I think they just don't have them in that store - so I bought the Chocolate Sprinkles as one of my ten - I suppose we will still need that variety at some time and I guess we eat one yogurt at a time and the lack of 10g isn't going to make us consume an extra one. They consume another of the other ones as it is; as shown by having to buy them again now. And they particularly like the Bakery with Gingerbread Men so they always need that one buying again.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 30-11-2017 at 12:39 AM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 30th Nov 17, 12:38 AM
    • 11,859 Posts
    • 135,963 Thanks
    Anon
    I think I would feel crap standing there 10 mins buying 20p items. You have to leave a minute between shops dont you?
    Why would you walk around ...? Though I was there a lot longer than 10 mins getting the stupid thing working!! Once it was working I just opened the parcel to reveal the prize then went again, I wasnt consciously waiting a minute and it worked fine.

And who said anything about spending 20p - bananas are only 11p or so .

Anon
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 30th Nov 17, 6:13 AM
    • 2,886 Posts
    • 45,259 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning. Phone says it should be snowing but no sgn yet.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 30th Nov 17, 6:19 AM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 22,699 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Morning. Droid states 10 per day. I did a so just after 5am and it said I had exceeded daily limit. Maybe their day starts at 6am ?
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 30th Nov 17, 7:08 AM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 35,640 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Morning. Droid states 10 per day. I did a so just after 5am and it said I had exceeded daily limit. Maybe their day starts at 6am ?
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Morning all.

BH I have found it seems to be a rolling 24hr period. What time was your first shop yesterday? Should work then.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 30th Nov 17, 7:17 AM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 35,640 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Why would you walk around ...? Though I was there a lot longer than 10 mins getting the stupid thing working!! Once it was working I just opened the parcel to reveal the prize then went again, I wasn’t consciously waiting a minute and it worked fine.

And who said anything about spending 20p - bananas are only 11p or so .

Anon
    And Haribo are 10p! And if you can find Halloween clearance in Wilko even better. I paid 5p for one and 2p for another. ("Can I do contactless for that please? I don't want to give you a 20 just for that.")
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 30th Nov 17, 7:21 AM
    • 4,637 Posts
    • 56,647 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 30th Nov 17, 7:22 AM
    • 4,637 Posts
    • 56,647 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    M and S

10 off womens coats and jackets

Works on 12.50 fleece gilet
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• thepearce
    • By thepearce 30th Nov 17, 7:24 AM
    • 2,154 Posts
    • 12,625 Thanks
    thepearce
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Yes, I think it might be later than 6am as well. I haven't worked out when the cut off is, but I think it's fine after 8am - perhaps they go by EST.

edit : I guess pacifica9's explanation would account for me too.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 30th Nov 17, 7:33 AM
    • 3,548 Posts
    • 50,166 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good for you Mrs M. More time for glitching!
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    Morning. Have had your Christmas fayre. My friends was last week. The raffle raised about 220. Eleven bags of toiletries went to a homeless initiviive and she still has about 6 goodie bags left. I bought wee cookie bags with a Xmas scene which she popped 4 mini candy canes into. Sold for 20p and apparently the flew off the stalll. Bags were from eBay and come in all patterns. Easter, Halloween too 100 bags for just over 2. .
    Merry Christmas
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 30th Nov 17, 7:37 AM
    • 3,548 Posts
    • 50,166 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Hi MrsMac, sorry you're having a rough time at work but it's great you are able to call the shots.
    I live on the opposite of Glasgow from you so maybe once you're free we can meet up. I'm about the same age, retired but no state pension yet

Hope you can last for the next 2 weeks!!
    Originally posted by BarleySugar
    Oh thats a promise. I did not realise you were local
    Merry Christmas
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 30th Nov 17, 7:38 AM
    • 9,681 Posts
    • 112,457 Thanks
    emerald21
    Their website claimed you can use it anywhere you see the contactless symbol - well it didnt work in T just now, but Apple Pay works fine .

Anon
    It should work in Tesco even on the ss tills

Good Morning all
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 30th Nov 17, 7:41 AM
    • 5,257 Posts
    • 69,366 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all, FIL’s funeral today.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,874Posts Today

8,154Users online

Martin's Twitter