Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,520Posts
    • 35,716Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 268
    • Sunflower1227
    • By Sunflower1227 29th Nov 17, 10:11 PM
    • 1,527 Posts
    • 21,238 Thanks
    Sunflower1227
    My sisters are 18 off 80 she said we could share a shop
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I havent got any again
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 29th Nov 17, 10:13 PM
    • 3,819 Posts
    • 73,798 Thanks
    Chrisv
    How much would these work out please? 3 4 2 a

Lynx Black Body Trio Gift Set
    ASDA 10.00 7.00
    7.00 / Set
    Go to store
    Tesco
    Go to store
    Ocado
    10.00 5.00
    Amazon
    5.00 *
    Originally posted by bubbs
    1.04 each, but check A's price hasn't changed tomorrow bubbs.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 29th Nov 17, 10:16 PM
    • 49,044 Posts
    • 599,577 Thanks
    bubbs
    3.13 for 3, 1.04 each
    Originally posted by pk04
    Thanks
    1.04 each, but check A's price hasn't changed tomorrow bubbs.
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Yes i will. thanks
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 7lb week 38
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 29th Nov 17, 10:17 PM
    • 49,044 Posts
    • 599,577 Thanks
    bubbs
    I havent got any again
    Originally posted by Sunflower1227
    Nor me
    Night all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 7lb week 38
    • pippo
    • By pippo 29th Nov 17, 10:18 PM
    • 2,814 Posts
    • 30,329 Thanks
    pippo
    Well its been a strange day but my decision has been made

I am really struggling with back pain which consultant says there is not much they can do. Thats fine and it will be less problematic if I dont have to be at work ��

On Monday the owner was in a foul mood , again, and decided to vent at me. I have decided to play his game for two weeks as we get a Christmas bonus which I will process on 15 December then I am off. I will retire.

It is good to be able to do that.
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Sorry to hear about your back MrsM, but I bet it is a relief now you've made that decision.
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost 9.24
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 29th Nov 17, 10:18 PM
    • 2,627 Posts
    • 35,714 Thanks
    pacifica9

I am really struggling with back pain which consultant says there is not much they can do. Thats fine and it will be less problematic if I dont have to be at work ��

On Monday the owner was in a foul mood , again, and decided to vent at me. I have decided to play his game for two weeks as we get a Christmas bonus which I will process on 15 December then I am off. I will retire.

Good for you Mrs M. More time for glitching!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Anon
    • By Anon 29th Nov 17, 10:26 PM
    • 11,900 Posts
    • 136,345 Thanks
    Anon
    A3 arrived and easy to set up, thank you for the suggestion. Spare Freedomp sim installed and ready to go .

If a payg sim has 10 top up applied as part of the sale, and is it registered in my name and activated like a pay monthly sim or could I sell it and whoever activates it will get 10?

Thank you

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Evening all.
    Anon, did your phone turn up today?
    Need to try and set it all up now.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Yes, I am instore testing .

Anon
    • michaels
    • By michaels 29th Nov 17, 10:28 PM
    • 19,959 Posts
    • 91,557 Thanks
    michaels
    Went to the big A today as dd1 football team had a bowling night and got 2 sets of yoghurts as our local a doesn't have the trigger.

One diet coke on AP, last 2 days have been so much worse than the first 4
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Anon
    • By Anon 29th Nov 17, 10:30 PM
    • 11,900 Posts
    • 136,345 Thanks
    Anon
    T recce for pork joints mentioned as potential dtd last night.

Half price joints are special 1kg packs brought in so no dtd .

Pork loin joint reduced 5 to 4 per kg so potential dtd but my store has yellow stickers .

Shoulder joint reduced 50p per kg, price on label but yellow stickers.

Other stores may offer a different opportunity.

HTH

Anon
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 29th Nov 17, 10:32 PM
    • 25,220 Posts
    • 309,562 Thanks
    davemorton
    Yes, I am instore testing .

Anon
    Excellent. I am just trying to install android pay. Give me a full review when you get back please.
    Read T&C, and it does look like we have to wait for 30 days BEFORE claiming for the cashback.
    After cashback, and selling the phone, there is about 30 profit, should have bought 3
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 29th Nov 17, 10:53 PM
    • 11,900 Posts
    • 136,345 Thanks
    Anon
    Excellent. I am just trying to install android pay. Give me a full review when you get back please.
    Read T&C, and it does look like we have to wait for 30 days BEFORE claiming for the cashback.
    After cashback, and selling the phone, there is about 30 profit, should have bought 3
    Their website claimed you can use it anywhere you see the contactless symbol - well it didnt work in T just now, but Apple Pay works fine .

Anon
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 29th Nov 17, 10:59 PM
    • 25,220 Posts
    • 309,562 Thanks
    davemorton
    Their website claimed you can use it anywhere you see the contactless symbol - well it didnt work in T just now, but Apple Pay works fine .

Anon
    Well thats a swine!!
    I borrowed a card to use, but trying to set it up, it says to call the bank to verify the card. Pah, will have to wait until tomorrow now.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 29th Nov 17, 11:02 PM
    • 11,900 Posts
    • 136,345 Thanks
    Anon
    Well thats a swine!!
    I borrowed a card to use, but trying to set it up, it says to call the bank to verify the card. Pah, will have to wait until tomorrow now.
    I know, I had a bit of an argument with the till .

Will try another store as may just have him on a faulty till.

I am sure someone can confirm if it does work in T please ...

Anon
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 29th Nov 17, 11:03 PM
    • 25,220 Posts
    • 309,562 Thanks
    davemorton

Anon
    Hmmm, it should have worked.
    'Like Apple Pay, Android Pay can be used anywhere you see the now ubiquitous contactless payments logo. Think places like Pret, McDonalds,Tesco and a seemingly growing number of pubs across the country. It's also supported across the entire TFL network, including all London tubes and buses.'
    Even found a video of it being used in teskies
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mjyDRs1qPo
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 29th Nov 17, 11:10 PM
    • 1,423 Posts
    • 16,080 Thanks
    Nellie35
    I know, I had a bit of an argument with the till .

Will try another store as may just have him on a faulty till.

I am sure someone can confirm if it does work in T please ...

Anon
    Yes it should work in T's Anon, I was with emerald when she used it in there. I haven't taken part myself as my current phone is not compatible
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 29th Nov 17, 11:12 PM
    • 19,844 Posts
    • 260,469 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Well that was lucky. I did two shops earlier, one against M and one against T. On one of them I bought Bakewell Slices and Country Slices and the mix and match against M wasn't picked up. It compared against M at 1.60 each. However, all was well as I was comparing against T on that shop and they got 1 each there.

On the other shop, against M, I bought Bakewell Slices and Almond Slices and the M mix and match was picked up.

1x Mr Kipling Almond Slices (6pk) 1.00 1.00
    1x Mr Kipling Bakewell Slices (6pk) 1.00 1.00

(But only due to the M mix and match being picked up on the right shop. Almond and Bakewell don't quite work against T as Almond are full price in T. As mentioned above, Bakewell and Country are 1 each in T one of each doesn't work against M. This suggests two Bakewell Slices packs might work against M but two Country Slices probably return full price each or else they work separately but have been put in a different offer from the Bakewell Slices on the system.)

4x Crosse & Blackwell Best of British Winter Vegetable Soup (400g) 4.28 3.00

1x ASDA Smart Price 10 Fish Fingers (250g) 0.75 0.60
    Very strange how they have suddenly got 60p for M (unless all my Ms are hiding a price reduction back to their original price from me). I suspect this is now available all of half a day and will update to 65p tomorrow.

1x Cadbury Swiss Gateau (each) 2.50 2.75

I guess you can't have everything. You win some and you lose some. I managed to get about 3p off A's price, but not for 1.80 - would have been better to have bought one in M for 2. However, I couldn't find them in any of my Ms earlier. I know - I should open my eyes (probably looking in the wrong aisle, maybe I should be concentrating on the Christmas aisle as they say "festive" on them, probably the only difference to regular ones available all the rest of the year, and I did have a limited number of Ms). I suspect the 47p extra cost is less than the cost of travelling to another M.

I bought four of the Crosse & Blackwell (not because I thought the mix and match was risky but because it is the only variety I really like) and one Heinz soup for some reason. Same comparison on that against T.

This time my shop vs T fully worked. I should shop trying comparisons against M.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 29-11-2017 at 11:28 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • BarleySugar
    • By BarleySugar 29th Nov 17, 11:16 PM
    • 373 Posts
    • 8,279 Thanks
    BarleySugar

Hi MrsMac, sorry you're having a rough time at work but it's great you are able to call the shots.
    I live on the opposite of Glasgow from you so maybe once you're free we can meet up. I'm about the same age, retired but no state pension yet

Hope you can last for the next 2 weeks!!
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 29th Nov 17, 11:23 PM
    • 14,180 Posts
    • 247,816 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Delightful bed time for twins supposedly sleeping in their cots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ximy_zn-XQU
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 29th Nov 17, 11:45 PM
    • 14,180 Posts
    • 247,816 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Anon
    • By Anon 29th Nov 17, 11:48 PM
    • 11,900 Posts
    • 136,345 Thanks
    Anon
    I finally got Android Pay working after switching the phone off and switching back on again . 1 free coke and 9 prize draw entries after all that effort! Better than nothing but I expect a much better return on my investment over the days ahead .

Anon
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,234Posts Today

7,418Users online

Martin's Twitter