Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,506Posts
    • 35,687Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 259
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 28th Nov 17, 10:43 PM
    • 2,488 Posts
    • 41,667 Thanks
    izzy65
    Tried a mix of razor blades and gift set. Gave an APG of c.25 with fillers so under the radar hopefully.

Works out at 3.88 each for the blades, and 4.00 for the gift set.

v T
    2x Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor Blades (4pk) 26.00 17.50
    1x Nivea Men Sensitive Gift Set (each) 14.00 10.00

v S
    2x Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor Blades (4pk) 26.00 27.00

v M
    2x Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor Blades (4pk) 26.00 17.50

v W
    2x Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor Blades (4pk) 26.00 27.00
    Originally posted by Bikertov
    Question for the knowledgeable ones please
    I was making a list for tomorrow, and was liking the Nivea set but as I was looking at it on msm the page errored out, does that mean it's a bad choice now do you think , thank you
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • Busylizzie
    • By Busylizzie 28th Nov 17, 10:49 PM
    • 2,770 Posts
    • 41,437 Thanks
    Busylizzie
    I bought a purse direct from Ted Baker and the postal label was just on the box. Annoying. Ok it is only an outer box but a very nice one.
    I have had a parcel apparently delivered by royal mail and it says it has gone ' to yourself or one of your neighbours'? Definitely not gone to me and no card through door so no clue which neighbour it has gone to if any! Had an amazon parcel disappear and the book people forgot to add some of the books to my parcel so sending out after a phone call. Popaballs seem to put whatever is nearest to hand in the parcel then leave you to fight it out with them for missing items.
    All of these were ordered well before black Friday as well.
    The main problem I have with amazon is that the drivers can't read the instructions on where to leave parcel due to not having English as a first language and at this time of year not just the regular driver.

Freezing here by channel. Think we were spoilt last year as was so mild.

V x
    Originally posted by vanilla twist
    Whenever I can I have Amazon parcels delivered to my local Amazon Locker - which is in the Foyer at Morrisons. Much more reliable than getting it delivered to my door (and if you don't have Prime its cheaper delivery).

I just wish they wouldn't use the top row of cupboards as I can't reach them and have to call the security man to get it for me!
    • Bikertov
    • By Bikertov 28th Nov 17, 10:49 PM
    • 1,535 Posts
    • 9,579 Thanks
    Bikertov
    Question for the knowledgeable ones please
    I was making a list for tomorrow, and was liking the Nivea set but as I was looking at it on msm the page errored out, does that mean it's a bad choice now do you think , thank you
    Originally posted by izzy65
    Sorry izzy - I made a typo on the APG, should have been c.15
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 28th Nov 17, 10:52 PM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,403 Thanks
    davemorton
    One final post before bed - cheap sharpies (look at the list of 'other sellers' on the right of the page) https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sharpie-w10-permanent-markers-chisel-tip-black-box-of-12-only-281-prime-680-non-prime-at-amazon-2843350
    Originally posted by Arthien
    Cracking deal!!
    You know, went to order these, read all the posts, added to basket....then thought, do I need them? I have about 4/5 similar pens, they all work, and have had them for about 5 years, so not running out soon. Didnt order.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Busylizzie
    • By Busylizzie 28th Nov 17, 10:55 PM
    • 2,770 Posts
    • 41,437 Thanks
    Busylizzie
    My mum's neighbour has had that many amazon parcels gone missing/not arrived and given amazon prime extensions as a goodwill that he has it till approx the year 2035.
    On a serious note these companies are so busy trying to compete for business with low delivery prices that customer service is going out of the window. The customer and courier (quite often self employed) are suffering as consequence to this.
    Originally posted by nettiebobs
    I know as soon as I get an email informing me that Yodel will be delivering my parcel that I won't get it. No matter what info I give they seem incapable of finding my house!!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 28th Nov 17, 11:16 PM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,403 Thanks
    davemorton
    Film Goers!
    FREE Odeon Cinema Ticket GLITCH! Might save you spending those penny's AAu.
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-odeon-cinema-ticket-glitch-2844031
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 28th Nov 17, 11:29 PM
    • 14,152 Posts
    • 247,499 Thanks
    Snap-ant

DPD are delivering another parcel tomorrow - cringing
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 28th Nov 17, 11:32 PM
    • 14,152 Posts
    • 247,499 Thanks
    Snap-ant

WI Bingo tonight. Last year their prizes were home cooked Christmas cakes & mince pies.
    So we looked forward to this years evening.

We won a basket of out of date condiments - I can't even give them to the food bank
    Our Family Motto ~

• hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 28th Nov 17, 11:38 PM
    • 3,125 Posts
    • 46,005 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Still there!! Sounds like they've done a good job though.
    Originally posted by pippo

What time did they get there?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Not until after lunch as they had a small job to finish somewhere else this morning.

Yes, a smashing job. Very nice guys, polite and very tidy.

Re parcels, we ordered a new TV for the kitchen from T on a BF Deal and DH received a text msg from parcel force this morning saying it would be delivered between 3.30-4.30pm today. Nothing arrived so checked tracking details and its still showing its at a depot. Will chase it up tomorrow as thats the second thing thats not been delivered this week.
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 28th Nov 17, 11:40 PM
    • 3,125 Posts
    • 46,005 Thanks
    hampydoodums

WI Bingo tonight. Last year their prizes were home cooked Christmas cakes & mince pies.
    So we looked forward to this years evening.

We won a basket of out of date condiments - I can't even give them to the food bank
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Well thats not very good snap, so neither the persons donating the items or the people putting the baskets together could have checked the dates.
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • choclate24
    • By choclate24 28th Nov 17, 11:45 PM
    • 507 Posts
    • 7,831 Thanks
    choclate24
    Can anyone answer my question about if mullers are working, planning a shop in the morning please
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 28th Nov 17, 11:51 PM
    • 15,042 Posts
    • 186,315 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

DPD are delivering another parcel tomorrow - cringing
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    God I hope it is not that 12inch special offer from Anne Summers!

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car 450.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 28th Nov 17, 11:53 PM
    • 15,042 Posts
    • 186,315 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Can anyone answer my question about if mullers are working, planning a shop in the morning please
    Originally posted by choclate24
    Sorry I have no idea, but they are yummy!
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car 450.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 28th Nov 17, 11:54 PM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,403 Thanks
    davemorton
    Thanks to HUKD, Stonking deal on Di-icer.
    Unipart De-Icer 600ml With Unique Scraper Cap Bundle 4 Pack 2.08 delivered @ unipart-autostore ebay
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/unipart-de-icer-600ml-with-unique-scraper-cap-bundle-4-pack-208-delivered-unipart-autostore-ebay-2844042#comments
    • michaels
    • By michaels 28th Nov 17, 11:56 PM
    • 19,931 Posts
    • 91,393 Thanks
    michaels
    So 11:40 decided I had better order from Argos using the 2 5 off codes that expired at 11:59pm according to the emails to find they have already stopped working. Not pleased, false advertising, trading standards.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 29th Nov 17, 12:06 AM
    • 14,152 Posts
    • 247,499 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    God I hope it is not that 12inch special offer from Anne Summers!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    I didn't know they are selling Pizza now
    Our Family Motto ~

• Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 29th Nov 17, 12:07 AM
    • 3,813 Posts
    • 73,768 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Originally posted by choclate24
    If - the 10 for 3 offer is still on in Asda
    - the trigger is still not showing on Asda website
    and - the flavours you buy are still on offer in Sains

then glitch will still glitch.

Lots of if's there, but I see no reason it wouldn't work
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 29th Nov 17, 12:16 AM
    • 13,372 Posts
    • 144,978 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Feeling sleepy so off to bed now

Night Night folks ZZZzzzzzz
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 18, Nov 19/16

3for2 list is post 210, Fillers are 211-214
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 29th Nov 17, 12:25 AM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,403 Thanks
    davemorton
    Think I best go too, sleep well all, and hope those trying to wade through a bad week are getting closer to firm ground.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 29th Nov 17, 12:32 AM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,403 Thanks
    davemorton
    Just spotted this on HukD
    10 credit on Google play for using Android Pay 3 times
    Account specific, but guess if ou get the email, should be easy for those on here to get
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/10-credit-on-google-play-for-using-android-pay-3-times-2844048

BUT....
    There is a comment on there saying that you cant use a Barclays account for Android Pay? Is this right? If so, wasted my time buying that phone last night as only have a Barclays account

Edit: I can use the Amex on it, ooo, handy for small shops
    Double edit: The prizes are for a visa. Pah!!!
    Last edited by davemorton; 29-11-2017 at 12:43 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,131Posts Today

5,958Users online

Martin's Twitter