Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    altojack wrote: »
    That’s lovely cjj

How are you feeling today sweetheart. Things have a habit of turning around and moving upward xx

Just noticed ¥ Chrisv being quoted

Hi AJ

I'm not so bad thankyou. Just can't shake the uneasy feeling in my tummy :o xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    cjj wrote: »
    Hi AJ

Having time off work can make a big difference. Time to relax and recharge those batteries, by the time you go back to work you may see the rainbow xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    I’ve had to sneakily turn the heating up, I’m soooo cold. Mr AJ and cousin sitting in rolled up shirt sleeves :eek: they do also have jeans on :rotfl:

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• altojack
    DM, are you here? I’ve got a bottle of Baileys unopened dated 2014 :eek: will it be ok to drink or not, what do you think please? :o

How I didn’t notice before now I don’t know, mind you I never think to check dates on drinks, the one I’ve got open was out of date 4 months ago and tastes fine :rotfl: :rotfl:

I’ll pop back later, have some tidying to do and laptop to retrieve :o

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    I have a bit of an odd situation going on at home - regarding food.

The more food stocks I have in, the less I actually want to eat. I don't know why it is, I've noticed it for a couple of Christmases now, and it's starting to feel a bit weird.

I had Xmas lunch on Xmas Day, and it wasn't a huge amount, then same again on Boxing Day. Yesterday all I wanted was egg on toast, and today I've had a bacon sandwich. I've eaten two mince pies in 4 days, and that's it, no cake, no pudding, no chocolate log. A handful of cherry liqueurs, and that's been it.

Certainly something to bear in mind for food shopping for Xmas 2018.

I know where you’re coming from.

DD asked what we had in for a sandwich yesterday. I said we had turkey, chicken, beef and cheese.

But she fancied ham:o:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    altojack wrote: »
    DM, are you here? I’ve got a bottle of Baileys unopened dated 2014 :eek: will it be ok to drink or not, what do you think please? :o

How I didn’t notice before now I don’t know, mind you I never think to check dates on drinks, the one I’ve got open was out of date 4 months ago and tastes fine :rotfl: :rotfl:

I’ll pop back later, have some tidying to do and laptop to retrieve :o

As long as it hasn’t gone lumpy_pale_, I would drink it:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    I think I might have inadvertently started the debate on the length of the thread by commenting last night that most of Sal’s recent posts were lost.
    I feel happy with the status quo but feel that we should look at it from another angle....why does the system allow a few people to expire a thread? It shouldn’t be possible :o

LEJC, I will message Marigold in the New Year and take her advice on fund raising in Sal’s memory:A .
    I will report back:)

I hope people don’t stay away from the thread....I understand you need space LEJC but I hope you return soon:)

And redfox......I know Christmas is a hard time for you too.....but your calm, measured approach has been a godsend in recent years.

Let’s have no MIA:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    cjj wrote: »
    Hi AJ

I’m always one for practical solutions when all else fails cjj.......try a hot water bottle on your tummy and a glass of milk.

Thinking of you x
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    why does the system allow a few people to expire a thread? It shouldn’t be possible

It's a limitation of the rather creaky old version of vBulletin on which this forum is run. Until/if the forum software changes it will unfortunately remain like that.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Beans shop worked again for me today:T:T

We usually have beans on toast once a week for tea. For the foreseeable future we’ll be having beans and sausages on toast:rotfl:

I’ll get another 10 tins tomorrow if it’s working:T

It’s almost a shame that we no longer have students in the house any more:rotfl: They would be heading back to uni with boxes full:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills