Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,746Posts
    • 36,304Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; Yesterday at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1005
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Feb 18, 1:35 PM
    • 5,006 Posts
    • 60,738 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Seren was yesterday's smartest player!

25 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Sunday): General Knowledge 1 : Very Easy

Originally posted by Snap-ant

Thank you
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

• tweets
    • By tweets 11th Feb 18, 1:41 PM
    • 28,527 Posts
    • 418,316 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon

How we managed to dodge snow , hailstorm and rain going to and from mums but we did
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • strawberryfield2233
    • By strawberryfield2233 11th Feb 18, 2:07 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    strawberryfield2233
    Thanks
    I know I read somewhere about Birdseye Cod fish fingers in Waitrose being 3 for 2 & on PYO, think it was this thread, i also received a personalised mywaitrose voucher for frozen fish so I now have 9 Boxes of fish fingers Thanks whoever it was!!
    I have been busy buying Waitrose cashmere 9s toilet roll which is 3.50 and on PYO so good price.
    I also bought a sunday times print subscription a while ago and thus get my paper free when spending 10 or more in waitrose with mywaitrose loyalty card plus gain the difference between retail price & subscription price when I use my subscription voucher. This was mentioned on another thread, i think the current sunday times print offer is 20 for 13 weeks (3 months minimum subscription) retail price is 2.70 so 1.17 off shopping!!!128512;
    Thanks to all who post
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 11th Feb 18, 2:10 PM
    • 6,455 Posts
    • 88,323 Thanks
    Sarahdol75

That will soon be here x

Keep her walking
    Originally posted by bubbs
    It will be, and I intend to
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

Total on week 5 332 miles
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Feb 18, 2:14 PM
    • 49,994 Posts
    • 607,444 Thanks
    bubbs
    My lot will only eat burnt.
    Just as well really.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 12 1/2 lb week 46
    • MKS
    • By MKS 11th Feb 18, 2:15 PM
    • 9,656 Posts
    • 149,725 Thanks
    MKS
    I know I read somewhere about Birdseye Cod fish fingers in Waitrose being 3 for 2 & on PYO, think it was this thread, i also received a personalised mywaitrose voucher for frozen fish so I now have 9 Boxes of fish fingers Thanks whoever it was!!
    I have been busy buying Waitrose cashmere 9s toilet roll which is 3.50 and on PYO so good price.
    I also bought a sunday times print subscription a while ago and thus get my paper free when spending 10 or more in waitrose with mywaitrose loyalty card plus gain the difference between retail price & subscription price when I use my subscription voucher. This was mentioned on another thread, i think the current sunday times print offer is 20 for 13 weeks (3 months minimum subscription) retail price is 2.70 so 1.17 off shopping!!!128512;
    Thanks to all who post
    Originally posted by strawberryfield2233
    Would have been zippy who mentioned the fish. He'll probably buy a subscription now!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Feb 18, 2:27 PM
    • 12,330 Posts
    • 140,646 Thanks
    Anon
    Can't you buy online and just get it delivered?

Morning peeps.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Good morning. I bought a gift voucher through Z33k for Crrys (to buy my washer) and now note it says online only ... and Crrys click and collect you have to pay instore .

Looking at their website they say their eGiftcadds can be spent online or instore - as you have the number and pin, can they just type it in the till instore? Those on Z33k must have been an eGift or hard card at some point as they only sell those two types?

I bought through z33k as it seems to be the only discount around at the moment - Q plus reduced face value plus discount code.

Many thanks

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Panic over nothing, ordered online for collection, paid instore and they just typed the numbers in the till. 10 extra saved by using two 5 off voucher codes to order the giftcards. Hopefully 5% Q.

HTH

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Feb 18, 2:33 PM
    • 12,330 Posts
    • 140,646 Thanks
    Anon
    I have been busy buying Waitrose cashmere 9!!!8217;s toilet roll which is 3.50 and on PYO so good price.
    Thanks to all who post
    Originally posted by strawberryfield2233
    Be careful when you decide to cancel the Times subscription. You have to give them at least 15 days notice, despite it being online and they insist you call for a sales pitch. I ended up paying a ridiculous amount for one month, as I had not noticed needing to give notice rather than just switching off the renewal. Also check the t and cs as you can be committing for a lengthy renewal. A scam really, there is no need for lengthy cancellation periods for a newspaper . I know, my own fault ... .

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 11-02-2018 at 4:52 PM.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Feb 18, 2:36 PM
    • 49,994 Posts
    • 607,444 Thanks
    bubbs
    Quiche and Scotch eggs,
    totally free on SW

Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Feb 18, 2:52 PM
    • 16,454 Posts
    • 203,577 Thanks
    mhoc
    Afternoon all, we had on and off sleet this morning and now bright sunshine - the cats are not risking it though, all inside snoozing.

Nipped up to Sainsburys to do a return and to put the last points voucher on - most of my Sainsburys spends last weekend were petrol ones so the only extra spend was the last one on Sunday afternoon - have to figure out in a minite how many extra points

I had a look at the Tu section for things that might be in the next sale- very cute yellow jumper with a wavy edge and a long green cardigan but both can wait until the sale ...

In the RTC section I found a box of several rolls of foil wrapping paper 4 metre, originally from the Home section, black with gold stags - very sophisticated looking so I got them price checked - 35p!
    We have a metal stags head eldest child got OH last Christmas so the design is quite pertinent!
    SO the great wrapping paper drought of 2018 is over

Also Sainsburys are RTC several own label cooking sauces - none of the 20p blackbean ones left but I got a few lime and coconut and lemon ones for 57p - something different to try anyway.
    Last edited by mhoc; 11-02-2018 at 4:40 PM.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Feb 18, 3:03 PM
    • 3,344 Posts
    • 34,051 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Di when do you have your op now?
    Hope you are ok?
    23rd February

Those scotch eggs look lovely.

Curlgirl what have I missed with whatever it is you're talking about I hope you know what I mean the free beer.
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 7.5lb
    • lesliejack
    • By lesliejack 11th Feb 18, 3:08 PM
    • 1,461 Posts
    • 10,525 Thanks
    lesliejack
    Quiche and Scotch eggs,
    totally free on SW

what is the coating on the scotch eggs please?
    they look yummy. x
    essex girl in exile
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Feb 18, 3:12 PM
    • 49,994 Posts
    • 607,444 Thanks
    bubbs
    23rd February

Those scotch eggs look lovely.

Curlgirl what have I missed with whatever it is you're talking about I hope you know what I mean the free beer.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Let's hope its not cancelled this time xxx
    what is the coating on the scotch eggs please?
    they look yummy. x
    Originally posted by lesliejack
    5% pork mince i whizzed it so it was smoother then just rolled lightly in instant mash (some people say should syn it is a tweak , but i never do) then sprayed with frylight and put in the oven.
    I have actually just had one as couldn't resist the coating really needs some seasoning but they will do this time
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • strawberryfield2233
    • By strawberryfield2233 11th Feb 18, 3:33 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    strawberryfield2233
    Be careful when you decide to cancel the Times siubscription. You have to give them at least 15 days notice, despite it being online and they insist you call for a sales pitch. I ended up paying a ridiculous amount for one month, as I had not noticed needing to give notice rather than just switching off the renewal. Also check the t and cs as you can be committing for a lengthy renewal. A scam really, there is no need for lengthy cancellation periods for a newspaper . I know, my own fault ...

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Thanks Anon and quite right to point out about being careful, I have used them in the past so am super careful to cancel correctly etc
    Thanks for the reminder and yes it must have been annoying for you x
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Feb 18, 3:36 PM
    • 14,284 Posts
    • 231,575 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Tap on 'can't find pub' or something like that, and you'll get a free pack or a money off prize
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    i won 2 x 2 off cider yesterday, 3 in tesco so 25p per can
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Feb 18, 3:39 PM
    • 14,284 Posts
    • 231,575 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Would have been zippy who mentioned the fish. He'll probably buy a subscription now!
    Originally posted by MKS
    thought about it, but as pyo is ending ill probably not shop there as often
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Feb 18, 4:01 PM
    • 18,734 Posts
    • 203,216 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Ruddy password I tried what I thought I had changed mine to as I remembered stating that nobody would ever guess it. I never sign out but the password is very much in my mind. It wouldnt accept it

Top it off with it didnt recognise my email address yet I changed it almost a year ago when fsmail was getting closed down

So I change email addy to what it should be, mse send a link, I fill in that stupid form again using what I thought password was use same and new password minus one digit. Hey presto Im in

Now why the hail did they refuse old pass word to begin with
    Originally posted by altojack
    How did you change the email address please? A friend on FB trying to get back on here is having the same problem.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th Feb 18, 4:15 PM
    • 15,477 Posts
    • 189,807 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I started before you yes i will still be very careful if i stay off bread and have like now just weekends i SHOULD be fine

That will soon be here x

Keep her walking
    It will be, and I intend to
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    bubbs.... Sarah is a slave driver!

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Feb 18, 4:28 PM
    • 49,994 Posts
    • 607,444 Thanks
    bubbs
    bubbs.... Sarah is a slave driver!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    good
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Feb 18, 4:59 PM
    • 33,133 Posts
    • 467,672 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    A v M

1x ASDA Really Creamy Vanilla Light Ice Cream (900ml) 2.00 1.00

Im not really here. Im supposed to be cooking Sunday Lunch

Busy busy family time catch up later
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,852Users online

Martin's Twitter