Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Etothed
    • By Etothed 2nd Nov 17, 2:54 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Etothed
    match.com auto-renew
    • 2nd Nov 17, 2:54 PM
    match.com auto-renew 2nd Nov 17 at 2:54 PM
    Hello,

I'm looking for some help regarding match.com auto renew. April 20th I took out a six month subscription. I suspended my account very shortly after this and genuinely forgot all about it. I never once heard from match to say "do you want to stay suspended?" "Do you want to cancel?" Etc etc. No comms at all. Fast forward to October 20th and £78 comes out of my account for another six months subscription.

Whilst this is in the terms and conditions that it will auto renew, what isn't in the terms and conditions is that the onus is on the customer to remember when they took the subscription out, and if they don't want to auto-renew they have to remember this and give at least 48hours notice. I have so far never come across a company that doesn't give warning of auto renew, everything does it, house insurance, car insurance, ancestry subscription and so on. The reason match don't offer this is purely deceitful and i find it disgusting. I have gone through customer service who are refusing to give me my money back and I need to know where I can go with this or if there are any clauses I can use where I can get my money back as I really need it back. I've had to borrow money and this has caused me so much emotional strain.
Page 2
    • Bananaman999
    • By Bananaman999 28th Nov 17, 11:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Bananaman999
    I just wanted to reply to this. About 3 years ago I joined Match and first thing I did was cancel the automatic renewal - just as one of the posters here did. I found Match rubbish. I gave up with it after a couple of months. 4 months later £77 went out of my account. I could not believe it. The customer service was shocking. They have no care or interest in their customers, the automatic renewal is disgraceful and is corrupted. I ended up blocking Match from my bank account. I tried to recover my money by going to the financial ombudsman but they said what others did that it was my fault for nit unsubscribing (even though I did).

All you can do folks is write it off and spread the word how terrible and corrupt Match.com is.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

347Posts Today

2,609Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin