Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ruffneck247
    • By ruffneck247 2nd Nov 17, 10:46 AM
    • 47Posts
    • 12Thanks
    ruffneck247
    CEL Particulars received
    • 2nd Nov 17, 10:46 AM
    CEL Particulars received 2nd Nov 17 at 10:46 AM
    Received the particulars today. They look just like a generic letter with a schedule attached. They were also late arriving, dated 11th October but only posted 01 November. The claim is dated 10 October, so they should have been here by 29th at the latest.

The signs in the car park are not visible at night as they are not lit up and also are a long way above head height and way above a drivers view when entering the car park. Is this defence enough or do I need to add in other factors?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Page 3
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 14th Nov 17, 2:19 PM
    • 1,740 Posts
    • 2,842 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    They've just passed the buck, what a surprise.

Capable of issuing orders under their "case management powers" but not considering a formal complaint about a serial litigant habitually ignoring the rules.
    • ruffneck247
    • By ruffneck247 19th Nov 17, 12:32 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    ruffneck247
    I am concerned that time is ticking, before I go away for 2 months in January. If the court hearing is between January and March, would I be able to get it adjourned until I return?
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 19th Nov 17, 1:46 PM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 2,360 Thanks
    Lamilad
    The DQ allows you to state any dates/ periods of time you will not be available.

It may be worth reading the NEWBIES thread again to ensure you understand how the process works and what to do at each stage
    • ruffneck247
    • By ruffneck247 19th Nov 17, 10:45 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    ruffneck247
    How long does it usually take for the DQ to arrive?
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 19th Nov 17, 11:31 PM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 2,360 Thanks
    Lamilad
    Depends how busy the court is. I'd say 2 - 6 weeks after the deadline for your defence is about standard.
    • ruffneck247
    • By ruffneck247 27th Nov 17, 6:09 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    ruffneck247
    DQ's received. I have completed as per instructions on this forum, I have also scanned my previous letter of complaint about POC's being late into the same pdf as the DQ's. Is that the correct way or should I have done them seperately or not at all?
    • ruffneck247
    • By ruffneck247 29th Nov 17, 1:00 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    ruffneck247
    DQ's received. I have completed as per instructions on this forum, I have also scanned my previous letter of complaint about POC's being late into the same pdf as the DQ's. Is that the correct way or should I have done them seperately or not at all?
    Originally posted by ruffneck247
    Is anyone able to help me with this?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 29th Nov 17, 1:33 PM
    • 1,136 Posts
    • 1,165 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    No reason why that wouldnt be a problem. Its a covering letter afterall.
    • ixworth
    • By ixworth 29th Nov 17, 5:21 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    ixworth
    Is anyone able to help me with this?
    Originally posted by ruffneck247

I reworked my complaint letter and posted copies of it with the N180 to CCBC and CEL ("Signed For" to the CCBC and 1st Class with free proof of posting to CEL).

I also enclosed a photocopy of the envelope the late PoC arrived in with the PoC sticking out and showing the 11th October date.

This post on my thread has my covering letter: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73456685&postcount=50
    Last edited by ixworth; 29-11-2017 at 5:27 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,498Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin