Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 1st Nov 17, 1:00 PM
    • 107Posts
    • 203Thanks
    vicki2221
    No interest in my house
    • 1st Nov 17, 1:00 PM
    No interest in my house 1st Nov 17 at 1:00 PM
    Hello. We listed our house on 10th October and have so far had no interest in it. The marketing report from the agent says they have sent dozens of emails and texts about it. It has been clicked on over 150 times. I know a few weeks isn't long but houses in our area usually go fast, we live right by a fast trainline to London and it's a popular commuter area. I thought we would have at least had a few viewings by now. This is our first house and first experience of selling.

Is this is a very quiet time of year for buyers? I don't know if our house is the problem or if this time of year is bad for selling.

The agent hasn't been overly insightful - just said hold your nerve or drop the price. I would greatly appreciate any comments or thoughts on what we might be able to do to improve the situation! We really want to move, we've seen a house we love and we've just got married and would like to move on to our family home ASAP.

I can't post a link so please search TN4 9YB in Zoopla and it's the 1 bedroom house priced at 240k.
    Last edited by vicki2221; 01-11-2017 at 1:07 PM.
Page 18
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 6th Dec 17, 10:24 PM
    • 5,271 Posts
    • 2,217 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    The silence from Crashy is because he's gone and shot himself.
    Originally posted by westernpromise

How do you post every day for 14 years and keep your post count so low?
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 11th Dec 17, 2:59 PM
    • 5,271 Posts
    • 2,217 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    How is the sale coming along?
    • Littlebobo1981
    • By Littlebobo1981 11th Dec 17, 3:03 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    Littlebobo1981
    Any news ?
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 11th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    vicki2221
    Any news ?
    Originally posted by Littlebobo1981
    Hello! Yes we accepted the 230k, she has instructed her solicitors. Then today we had our offer accepted on the house we want to buy! Just put the phone down to solicitors. So we are all systems go. You can now find me on the waiting to exchange thread!

Thank you to everyone for your honest, supportive help on this thread! It's thanks to you that we sold our house! Whoever suggested the people on this forum should set up an estate agency, I really do agree.

I appreciate everyone's comments and barely took offence at any of them. :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

325Posts Today

2,073Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin