Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 1st Nov 17, 1:00 PM
    • 109Posts
    • 209Thanks
    vicki2221
    No interest in my house
    • 1st Nov 17, 1:00 PM
    No interest in my house 1st Nov 17 at 1:00 PM
    Hello. We listed our house on 10th October and have so far had no interest in it. The marketing report from the agent says they have sent dozens of emails and texts about it. It has been clicked on over 150 times. I know a few weeks isn't long but houses in our area usually go fast, we live right by a fast trainline to London and it's a popular commuter area. I thought we would have at least had a few viewings by now. This is our first house and first experience of selling.

Is this is a very quiet time of year for buyers? I don't know if our house is the problem or if this time of year is bad for selling.

The agent hasn't been overly insightful - just said hold your nerve or drop the price. I would greatly appreciate any comments or thoughts on what we might be able to do to improve the situation! We really want to move, we've seen a house we love and we've just got married and would like to move on to our family home ASAP.

I can't post a link so please search TN4 9YB in Zoopla and it's the 1 bedroom house priced at 240k.
    Last edited by vicki2221; 01-11-2017 at 1:07 PM.
Page 17
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 29th Nov 17, 9:29 AM
    • 109 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    vicki2221
    Poor you, so stressful - really hope you do hear back on Friday regarding the AIP, really don't understand why they lied about it !
    Originally posted by Littlebobo1981
    He seems really desperate to get the house so maybe he was worried it would go to someone else unless he lied. I hope it comes through on Friday otherwise we're back to square one because the other FTB didn't come back (the girl had 2nd thoughts apparently). And we haven't had anymore viewings. Also, the property developers on the house we were after rejected our asking price offer so we can't be bothered with them anymore, I think they want to rent it out. We are seeing a house on Saturday that looks really promising.

I've also been stalking your threads and seen how well things are going now, well done
    • Littlebobo1981
    • By Littlebobo1981 29th Nov 17, 11:34 AM
    • 85 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Littlebobo1981
    Clearly they think they are better of renting ..their loss, hope the house on Saturday works out for you and this buyer pulls his finger out and you can actually get moved !

Ha ! - yes, going very well at the moment thanks - i'm certain you wont be far behind <3
    • nickyg2000
    • By nickyg2000 1st Dec 17, 3:43 PM
    • 342 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    nickyg2000
    The market has changed dramatically in the south. London values are falling and the market is dead. Everyone is expecting falls so holding off buying. The agents have to be optimistic to get the work but if you've had little interest my advice is wait till spring and list at £210k
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 1st Dec 17, 4:17 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    vicki2221
    I think dropping to £210k might be a bit much considering we've had an offer for £245k and have 2 more viewings this weekend. So far I'm still hopeful it will go for close to asking price.
    • Littlebobo1981
    • By Littlebobo1981 2nd Dec 17, 2:10 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Littlebobo1981
    Hey, take it you've not heard anything about the AIP from the potential buyer then ?

If it helps we reduced ours by 2.5k and the next day had an offer for the full amount which as you know is now in the process of sale..it will happen Vicki, plus this time of year is statistically not a good time to sell have you considered marketing with other agents ?
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 2nd Dec 17, 5:32 PM
    • 5,281 Posts
    • 2,217 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    The market has changed dramatically in the south. London values are falling and the market is dead. Everyone is expecting falls so holding off buying. The agents have to be optimistic to get the work but if you've had little interest my advice is wait till spring and list at £210k
    Originally posted by nickyg2000

How dramatic would you say the change in sentiment has been?
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 4th Dec 17, 11:20 AM
    • 109 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    vicki2221
    Hey, take it you've not heard anything about the AIP from the potential buyer then ?

If it helps we reduced ours by 2.5k and the next day had an offer for the full amount which as you know is now in the process of sale..it will happen Vicki, plus this time of year is statistically not a good time to sell have you considered marketing with other agents ?
    No we haven't and we've waited long enough so we're forgetting about him. We had another FTB couple see it on Saturday but don't think it was for them. Then we had a retired lady who is downsizing come and see it yesterday, and she is coming back today. She seems very keen, but was worried about soundproofing as she plays the saxophone! Which is a bit concerning because my neighbours on each side work night shifts and sleep in the day :-(

I'm OK with things now, we're getting a fair bit of interest considering the time of year and the quietness of the market, I think the price drop and photos did that for us. Can't be bothered with going to another EA, I feel like they're all as bad as each other. This is our 2nd EA as it is as we got rid of the first before we event got started, they were so rubbish.

It was such a busy weekend, I had to run around getting my house back in viewing order again on both days and meanwhile we viewed 5 houses ourselves. We've fallen in love with one that is over 500 years old!

I am pleased to be back at work today, just to get a break.
    • westernpromise
    • By westernpromise 4th Dec 17, 11:26 AM
    • 3,274 Posts
    • 4,075 Thanks
    westernpromise
    How dramatic would you say the change in sentiment has been?
    Originally posted by Crashy Time
    Price falls of 130% are expected, Crashy, so you will finally be VINDICATED!!!
    The Lottery, with its weekly pay-out of enormous prizes, was the one public event to which the proles paid serious attention. It was probable that there were some millions of proles for whom the Lottery was the principal if not the only reason for remaining alive. -
    George Orwell, Nineteen-Eighty-Four
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 4th Dec 17, 4:31 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    vicki2221
    The retired lady has put in an offer of £230k! Hooray. She is a cash buyer. I think we will go ahead with her instead of waiting for Mr £245k and his imaginary mortgage. :-)
    • phoebe1989seb
    • By phoebe1989seb 4th Dec 17, 4:45 PM
    • 3,152 Posts
    • 6,459 Thanks
    phoebe1989seb
    Great news, Vicki......yay!
    Paid off mortgage early - mortgage-free since age 40 (2007)

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
    • westernpromise
    • By westernpromise 4th Dec 17, 4:56 PM
    • 3,274 Posts
    • 4,075 Thanks
    westernpromise
    Poor old Crashy will be gutted!
    The Lottery, with its weekly pay-out of enormous prizes, was the one public event to which the proles paid serious attention. It was probable that there were some millions of proles for whom the Lottery was the principal if not the only reason for remaining alive. -
    • DaftyDuck
    • By DaftyDuck 4th Dec 17, 5:22 PM
    • 3,875 Posts
    • 7,881 Thanks
    DaftyDuck
    As they say, old bird in the hand is worth two with the bull5hit.

Well done you.
    • Debtslayer
    • By Debtslayer 4th Dec 17, 10:13 PM
    • 432 Posts
    • 604 Thanks
    Debtslayer
    The retired lady has put in an offer of £230k! Hooray. She is a cash buyer. I think we will go ahead with her instead of waiting for Mr £245k and his imaginary mortgage. :-)
    Originally posted by vicki2221
    Yeeeeaaah congratulations!!! Brilliant news
    Current Mortgage 01.10.17 £113,513.88
    MFW Start Mortgage: £114,794.64
    Current MED: 2036 Target MED: 2026
    Overpayment Target for remainder of 2017: £2,000
    Mortgage overpayment savings: £684.80
    MFW No 124
    • Littlebobo1981
    • By Littlebobo1981 5th Dec 17, 2:40 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Littlebobo1981
    Woooooooo hooooooo ... look forward to seeing you on the waiting to exchange thread
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 5th Dec 17, 4:26 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    vicki2221
    Woooooooo hooooooo ... look forward to seeing you on the waiting to exchange thread
    Thank you! We put an offer in on the house we loved yesterday. She thought about it all day and then said no thank you, but indicated we were close. So we put our final offer in today and are waiting to hear. I hope I can join the Waiting to Exchange thread soon!
    • Littlebobo1981
    • By Littlebobo1981 6th Dec 17, 9:06 AM
    • 85 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Littlebobo1981
    I hope so too !!!!
    • enjoyyourshoes
    • By enjoyyourshoes 6th Dec 17, 9:17 AM
    • 807 Posts
    • 988 Thanks
    enjoyyourshoes
    Why are you panicking, can't you do as agent says, just hold your nerve.?
    Debt is a symptom, solve the problem.
    • SuboJvR
    • By SuboJvR 6th Dec 17, 9:59 AM
    • 458 Posts
    • 325 Thanks
    SuboJvR
    Originally posted by enjoyyourshoes
    The thread's moved on quite a ways in a month....
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 6th Dec 17, 11:17 AM
    • 109 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    vicki2221
    Originally posted by enjoyyourshoes
    Thank you. Panic over. I accepted an asking price offer yesterday.
    • westernpromise
    • By westernpromise 6th Dec 17, 12:19 PM
    • 3,274 Posts
    • 4,075 Thanks
    westernpromise
    The silence from Crashy is because he's gone and shot himself.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,027Posts Today

7,724Users online

Martin's Twitter