Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HazyJay
    • By HazyJay 1st Nov 17, 11:34 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 2Thanks
    HazyJay
    Britannia Again
    • 1st Nov 17, 11:34 AM
    Britannia Again 1st Nov 17 at 11:34 AM
    Hi guys. I hope you can help.

Today I was surprised to receive a Final Reminder from Britannia parking. I have not received any previous notice from them and this is the first I have heard about any parking issues.

The letter has minimal info. It says the contravention took place on 7th October at a pub in the city. I was there that day as a friend was over from Australia on a flying visit. I don't recall going over on the meter at this time, and this notice does not tell me anything about it. Just the location and date of contravention.

It's not even clear how much they are requesting from me. All it says is the discounted period has passed and failure to pay could lead to an increase to £160. It says do not pay if you wish to appeal but then offers up no appeal information.

I have looked around and people mention POPLA codes etc but I'm confused as this notice has nothing on it. I have Asperger's and this is really stressing my head so I naturally want get more info on what I'm supposed to have done and appeal.

Can you guys advise me please. Some of the threads I've read are so heavy in legal phrasing I can't get the info I need easily
    Last edited by HazyJay; 01-11-2017 at 5:54 PM.
Page 2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Dec 17, 12:32 PM
    • 15,977 Posts
    • 24,795 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Nope. I simply sent the template. The only addition I made was to mention that I'd remained a patron of the venue throughout.
    Originally posted by HazyJay
    As I said, I’ve never seen that before, because even the BPA Code of Practice provides the PPC with some wriggle-room if they can’t meet the 35 days.

What does puzzle me a bit is the cancellation paragraphs that top and tail what would, without them, be a standard, template rejection of the initial appeal. Hang on to it for the 6 years the PPCs has to potentially pursue this through the court. Nothing to concern you, but some of their admin systems are so rubbish, you never know what files might get mixed up in the future.

Curiouser and curiouser ....... as they say.

But a ‘win’ is a win. Well done.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 07-12-2017 at 12:42 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • HazyJay
    • By HazyJay 7th Dec 17, 12:42 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    HazyJay
    It was sent via email so I've got it stored online and on computer
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,834Posts Today

8,561Users online

Martin's Twitter