Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Si0302039
    • By Si0302039 31st Oct 17, 3:06 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 3Thanks
    11 minutes = £100? - Aire Street Leeds - Parking Eye
    • 31st Oct 17, 3:06 PM
    11 minutes = £100? - Aire Street Leeds - Parking Eye 31st Oct 17 at 3:06 PM
    Hey Guys,

I'm just in the process of writing my appeal to Parking Eye due to a fine the driver recieved for parking at the car park in Aire Street, Leeds.

The driver entered the car park at 16:40:28 and left at 16:51:54 totaling 11 minutes spent there.

As the driver entered the car park they intended to pay through their advertised mobile phone app, they parked up, downloaded the app, registered with all their information and went to purchase time. While parking, they had several issues with the app downloading and their registration continued to crash the app. Once they sucessfully registered they proceded to buy parking time using the app, It crashed again. They therefore decided that they would move to another car park in the area.

So the driver has basically recieved a £100 parking charge notice for 11 minutes while attempting to buy a ticket.

Does anyone have any reccomendations wether to mention this in my appeal to Parking Eye, or if there are any clauses I can use to build my case regarding the payment system?

Last edited by Si0302039; 31-10-2017 at 4:14 PM. Reason: Amendment
Page 2
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Mar 18, 10:43 PM
    • 17,450 Posts
    • 21,902 Thanks
    just appeal it as KEEPER anyway, with the template appeal from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread

do NOT tell them who was driving
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 5th Mar 18, 11:05 PM
    • 8,238 Posts
    • 8,482 Thanks
    How did you get on with this appeal? My problem is the exact same just 15 mins as had to reverse all the way round the car park to get out?
    Originally posted by Laura Jones
    Please don't hijack threads!

You need to read the Newbies Sticky and start your own thread if you want any help or advice.

And if your username is your real name, I would suggest you get it changed before you post anything that might identify you to a PPC - They do trawl these forums to try and find stuff to use against their victims.
    • Laura Jones
    • By Laura Jones 5th Mar 18, 11:08 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Laura Jones
    Ah sorry , I was just genuinely interested how they got on wasn't going to ask for my own advise!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Mar 18, 11:19 PM
    • 54,771 Posts
    • 68,451 Thanks
    You might need our advice, so read the NEWBIES thread first (2 clicks back, see my signature) and start your own thread at POPLA stage, no need at first appeal stage as long as you use the forum template online and don't post an appeal, nor tell PE who was driving.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Laura Jones
    • By Laura Jones 5th Mar 18, 11:37 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Laura Jones
    Thank you will do that once my user name change has been approved
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,838Posts Today

7,516Users online

Martin's Twitter