Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 31st Oct 17, 8:07 AM
    • 1,797Posts
    • 8,998Thanks
    kathrynha
    Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017
    • 31st Oct 17, 8:07 AM
    Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017 31st Oct 17 at 8:07 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 56 lb
    Last updated: 11th December 2017
Page 54
    • dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 5th Dec 17, 6:38 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    dustydigger
    Lost 2.5 lbs this week,and was Slimmer of the Week and Slimmer of the Month too!
    Shows how hopeless my group is that 4.5 lbs was the biggest loss in the whole group in a whole month. Only about 10-12 people stay to class,and 5 of those are target members
    Last edited by dustydigger; 05-12-2017 at 6:43 PM.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 6:44 PM
    • 48,879 Posts
    • 598,189 Thanks
    bubbs
    Why does bubbs want to be the same weight as Mr Bubbs?
    Originally posted by maman
    I dont

Poor Mr Bubbs has lost a lot of weight as a side effect of bubbs diet!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    No he has lost weight due to not fitting in his clothes, but now they are too big
    Hello all
    Apologies I’ve been AWOL again. I’m driven half demented with how busy I am at the moment. However I am astonished to report a -2.5 and I am also now the proud owner of my next bling- 2.5 stone!
    I can’t believe I only have 1 stone 13lbs to target! I actually bought a new top today. I’ve been continuing to wear my old ones and layering them up to make them fit and keep me warm. Works well in winter I’ve been in denial I think- I put a top on the other day and it looked like a nightie- it hung off me like an old dishrag but I just stuck a hoodie and my coat on top and forgot about it. I dont actually know what size I am on top- I just been grabbing random sizes in the hope they might fit. I decided today I would like a top for Christmas Day so I went into Yours and had a rifle through their sale rail. I found a likely looking candidate but they only had it in a 16 or a 20. My hand hovered over the 20, as that’s still where I am in my mind but then I picked up the 16 thinking well it might fit and if not no harm done i’ll just take it back and swap it. I got home, tried it on and it fit beautifully. I was really shocked- couldn’t believe it, in my mind I’m still a size 22/24!
    Today’s menu:
    B: HEXB HiFi x 2, Apple, satsuma, water
    L: Subway turkey and ham salad (1.5 syns for dressing)sushi (1 syn) Boots Shapers prawn cocktail spirals (3.5) Orangina Light (1.5)
    T: Sweet Chilli Chicken (2 syns) SW egg fried rice, salad. Quark with 2 x sachets of Highlights (4 syns) and rasps, Alpro choc soya drink (HEXA plus 1.5) Budweiser alcohol free (3.5)
    Syns: 18.5
    Night all xxx
    Originally posted by Mrs_Ryan
    Well done
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 5 1/2lb week 37
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 6:49 PM
    • 48,879 Posts
    • 598,189 Thanks
    bubbs
    I'll not be joining the size 16 club for a while yet, but it is nice to see the numbers go down. My new skirts are size 20, and my new coat is a size 22. Considerably better than the size 28's I was in a year ago.
    Originally posted by kathrynha
    But look how far you have come
    Quite a lot is down to being ill. The thing is, I don't think I look any thinner. I still look in the mirror and see the same really fat person looking back

At what point have people started to feel thinner, or look thinner to themselves?
    I have started to feel thinner now and today i feel thin, the scales better bloody show it this week or else you all better go into hiding
    Will let you into a secret.
    I just feel fat & frumpy & yuk.
    Doesent make any difference if I am a 16, 14 or whatever.
    I have such dire legs whatever I weigh.
    Bah.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Do NOT put yourself down, bet you are as beautiful outside as you are inside xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 6:52 PM
    • 48,879 Posts
    • 598,189 Thanks
    bubbs
    I avoid photos as much as I can. I have a few photos from over the years, but none of me last Christmas just before I joined.

I did measure my chest, waist and hips when I started, and have done at intervals, and I know I am thinner, but I don't know it.

I know that doesn't make sense, but I think you lot probably get it.

And agree Beanie, I think as females we generally have pretty poor body image, and feel we don't look great even if we are stunning (which I'm sure you are)
    I dont have many photos either, i have one for 10 yrs or so ago but i got fatter didnt take measurements either
    I'm like that with my stomach, I have a small bum and skinny legs, even now, but my tummy always looks huge to me. That and my face
    Originally posted by Top Girl
    I have no bum, but never did before, but have a fat belly, yours in baby!
    afternoon all,

had my oven cleaned yesterday...no I can see what I'm cooking!

mixed few days generally down to running errands at a hundred miles an hour!

today:
    breakfast: tea (milk from hea) 2 hi fi light
    lunch: homemade leek and tattie soup
    tea: no idea as yet. forgot to lift anything out so potentially leftover for the others and a jacket potato and beans/salad or an omelette for me!

would love to lose 1.5lb this week to get my shiny before Butlins think I have a plan: our dining plan includes the buffett restaurants so will probably see what they have on day one and pick one thing that I think is syn-ful from what is offered to try at both meals. day two - four I will see how much (if any) variety/changes they have and then probably day five I may indulge in a full cooked brekkie or sweet thing before we leave this I think gives me the best of both worlds. little treats so as not to feel deprived but rationed out over the stay.

drinks will be water/diet coke in the bars and I am going to take some snacks to take in each evening as they only offer popcorn/sweets and we are in there for a few hours at a time and I can guarantee little one will get the munchies before bed!
    Originally posted by lushlifesaver
    Have a lovely break x
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 6:56 PM
    • 48,879 Posts
    • 598,189 Thanks
    bubbs
    I started at 16.6 when I first found this post and decided to give it a go.

I've been eating stuff like noodle pots with extra veg and cooked chicken for my lunches and then various things for dinner. Have a muller light yoghurt each night too and just cut out chocolate bars.

Must be like 2 or 3 weeks now but I'm now at 15.12 just through controlling what I eat! So i'm quite impressed.

I tried the bubble & squeak recipe so far from the home page and that was really nice.
    Originally posted by Greatorex1987
    Lost 2.5 lbs this week,and was Slimmer of the Week and Slimmer of the Month too!
    Shows how hopeless my group is that 4.5 lbs was the biggest loss in the whole group in a whole month. Only about 10-12 people stay to class,and 5 of those are target members
    Originally posted by dustydigger
    Well done both
    SSM well done on SOTW
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 6:58 PM
    • 48,879 Posts
    • 598,189 Thanks
    bubbs

Tea savoury mince , there is a little asda smartprice yorkie under there too bought them as they are smaller than i make
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Dec 17, 7:11 PM
    • 49,016 Posts
    • 181,932 Thanks
    beanielou
    Still a good result though
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 5th Dec 17, 7:53 PM
    • 1,797 Posts
    • 8,998 Thanks
    kathrynha
    1.5lb off for me. Still not back to 4 stone but getting there
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 56 lb
    Last updated: 11th December 2017
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Dec 17, 8:11 PM
    • 49,016 Posts
    • 181,932 Thanks
    beanielou
    Great result for you

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 5th Dec 17, 8:20 PM
    • 15,027 Posts
    • 186,226 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I'll not be joining the size 16 club for a while yet, but it is nice to see the numbers go down. My new skirts are size 20, and my new coat is a size 22. Considerably better than the size 28's I was in a year ago.
    You should be really pleased with yourself, I think we are all very proud of you x

That's an amazing achievement in a year! You should be so proud!
    Originally posted by maman
    Seconded x

Have you got any photos of yourself ? I took a selfie in a full length mirror when I started SW a couple of months ago, and I'm going to try to take one every six months or so, when I'll hopefully notice a difference. I'm size 28 at the moment so a VERY long way to go....

I think when you see yourself every day you don't notice a difference - it;s only when you comare photos or bump into someone who hasn't seen you for a while and comments that you'll notice. But the fact that you've gone down several dress sizes shows that you are losing.
    Originally posted by p00hsticks
    That is a great idea, bubbs send me photos of her to keep me motivated.... she knows I am competitive.... it is just finding your own way through the weight loss journey.

I also have to admit I am motivated by half stone mark, and noticed I was loosing weight when rude activities did not involve stomach rocking!

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 8:21 PM
    • 48,879 Posts
    • 598,189 Thanks
    bubbs
    well done
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 8:22 PM
    • 48,879 Posts
    • 598,189 Thanks
    bubbs
    You should be really pleased with yourself, I think we are all very proud of you x

Seconded x

That is a great idea, bubbs send me photos of her to keep me motivated.... she knows I am competitive.... it is just finding your own way through the weight loss journey.

I also have to admit I am motivated by half stone mark, and noticed I was loosing weight when rude activities did not involve stomach rocking!

You are so rude i need 2 1/2lb for 4 1/2 st
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 5th Dec 17, 8:32 PM
    • 15,027 Posts
    • 186,226 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I avoid photos as much as I can. I have a few photos from over the years, but none of me last Christmas just before I joined.

I did measure my chest, waist and hips when I started, and have done at intervals, and I know I am thinner, but I don't know it.

I know that doesn't make sense, but I think you lot probably get it.

And agree Beanie, I think as females we generally have pretty poor body image, and feel we don't look great even if we are stunning (which I'm sure you are)
    I get this, my boots are no longer snug around my calfs, and the boots I could not fit into as my calfs were too big, now fit.

If you all have not realised that I have a distorted sense of humour/view of life you may want to stop reading this sentence... but Ladies, just remember that that you are beautiful and sexy just the way you are..... and that there are enough men who would pay good money for you! Value yourself, love yourself (but not in public!!)

Well done to all this week. I was weighed last night after a two week hiatus and I'd gained 2lbs. I was totally expecting the gain and I took it on the chin and stayed for group.

I've got a busy few weeks coming up as I'm off to Morocco on Friday, and I can't see any losses until January now. I'm going to go to the gym whilst I'm there and try to fill up on lovely speed foods. I'm 4lbs from my target weight of 10st and I really, really want to get there now!
    Originally posted by Sephs
    That is impressive x

Your loss is a good sustainable loss, celebrate
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Dec 17, 8:33 PM
    • 49,016 Posts
    • 181,932 Thanks
    beanielou
    Bubbs~~you hoping for your 2 1/2 lbs before Christmas?

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 5th Dec 17, 8:34 PM
    • 15,027 Posts
    • 186,226 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Well done xxx

You are so rude i need 2 1/2lb for 4 1/2 st
    Originally posted by bubbs
    B****.....

I am 3 lbs off 3 stone loss.

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 8:37 PM
    • 48,879 Posts
    • 598,189 Thanks
    bubbs
    I would bloody like it this week , thankyou very much god help you ALL if i have another crap loss this week
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 8:38 PM
    • 48,879 Posts
    • 598,189 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well done xxx

B****.....

I am 3 lbs off 3 stone loss.

well done
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 5th Dec 17, 8:38 PM
    • 15,027 Posts
    • 186,226 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Bubbs will do this, she is so motivated.

Although I am paying Mr Bubbs to secretly feed her fat!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Dec 17, 8:38 PM
    • 49,016 Posts
    • 181,932 Thanks
    beanielou
    I would bloody like it this week , thankyou very much god help you ALL if i have another crap loss this week

What day do you weigh in case I need to hide?

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 5th Dec 17, 8:39 PM
    • 15,027 Posts
    • 186,226 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    God help Mr Buubs!

well done
    You can congratulate me when I have caught you up!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,470Posts Today

8,751Users online

Martin's Twitter