Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 31st Oct 17, 8:07 AM
    • 1,819Posts
    • 9,120Thanks
    kathrynha
    Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017
    • 31st Oct 17, 8:07 AM
    Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017 31st Oct 17 at 8:07 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for youÖÖÖgo for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list Ė so thatís pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra Ďaí choice and one Healthy Extra Ďbí choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 56 lb
    Last updated: 11th December 2017
Page 48
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 2nd Dec 17, 3:55 PM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 7,318 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Caterina - welcome to the group - everyone is supportive, which I can vouch for.

Maman - I have done but the only thing I’ve done differently is I’ve had porridge instead of cereal (mainly because it’s warm in these cold mornings) & I’ve been wearing a weighted belt whilst walking the dog. I’ve done no exercise at all this week at all so I really don’t get it .....but as I said I’m talking it & running.

There are new books coming out in January - I’m really hoping they don’t change the plan too much. Many moons ago I looked into joining SW but the red & green days really confused me (even though from what people say they were like EE & SP days) so joined WW instead. It may just be new hea / heb / syn values. Does anyone know any more?

Meant to add if any likes muller yogurts, Asda are doing 10 for £3
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 2nd Dec 17, 4:49 PM
    • 2,218 Posts
    • 14,940 Thanks
    TakeItEazy
    Quick post as stressing too much hubby starts new job Monday with 2 weeks away from home

WI with loss of .5lb

Have a good weekend all
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 2nd Dec 17, 5:10 PM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 7,318 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Quick post as stressing too much hubby starts new job Monday with 2 weeks away from home

WI with loss of .5lb

Have a good weekend all
    Originally posted by TakeItEazy
    Take care TIE x
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • Caterina
    • By Caterina 2nd Dec 17, 5:47 PM
    • 5,730 Posts
    • 39,445 Thanks
    Caterina
    Thank you all for the welcome and suggestions. I still have the old books with green and red days. It comforts me in a way that I am still the same weight as in 2008 (after losing and regaining) at least I haven't gained more than I was.

Re fat: natural full fat yogurt seems to be 1 syn per 100g which is not too bad. I hate the frylight stuff but have an oil sprayer, if I do 3-4 sprays I don't even count them, it's just a very light film. By the time I cook and share with my husband the fat is negligible. I am planning to add and syn oil to my veg and salads, use small amounts of full fat cheeses from HEX.

I have a free membership voucher and hope to go to a group next weds. Before that I am visiting a friend for 2 days and it's unlikely I'll be too careful!

I will post my food plans here. Thank you all again for the support.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 2nd Dec 17, 5:59 PM
    • 49,085 Posts
    • 182,315 Thanks
    beanielou
    Welcome Caterina

If I was you I might wait til the new year as I think thats when the new books are out.
    Last edited by beanielou; 02-12-2017 at 6:02 PM.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 2nd Dec 17, 6:00 PM
    • 49,085 Posts
    • 182,315 Thanks
    beanielou
    I had lovely pizza today.
    Wood fired.
    Was awsome, a treat from a friend, from a new place open in our villiage.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 2nd Dec 17, 6:03 PM
    • 49,085 Posts
    • 182,315 Thanks
    beanielou
    Oh TIE please try not to worry too much.
    Take care.

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 2nd Dec 17, 6:57 PM
    • 15,066 Posts
    • 186,486 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Caterina - welcome to the group - everyone is supportive, which I can vouch for.

Maman - I have done but the only thing Iíve done differently is Iíve had porridge instead of cereal (mainly because itís warm in these cold mornings) & Iíve been wearing a weighted belt whilst walking the dog. Iíve done no exercise at all this week at all so I really donít get it .....but as I said Iím talking it & running.

There are new books coming out in January - Iím really hoping they donít change the plan too much. Many moons ago I looked into joining SW but the red & green days really confused me (even though from what people say they were like EE & SP days) so joined WW instead. It may just be new hea / heb / syn values. Does anyone know any more?

Meant to add if any likes muller yogurts, Asda are doing 10 for £3
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    Surely if the plan you are on is working, you can stick to it?

My fridge is bulging with mullers, as is bubbs, tweets and chris x
    Aim 20 lbs loss by 21.3.18.
    13 weeks to go - 19 lbs to go.
    • Nicki
    • By Nicki 2nd Dec 17, 6:57 PM
    • 7,569 Posts
    • 26,547 Thanks
    Nicki
    Redeemed myself a little today

Breakfast scrambled egg and toast (HEB, 6 syns for butter and extra half slice toast)
    Lunch: chicken and salad
    Dinner: Syn free beef bourgignon, rice, green beans, small glass red wine (5 syns)

Milk HEA
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 2nd Dec 17, 7:00 PM
    • 15,066 Posts
    • 186,486 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

WI with loss of .5lb

Have a good weekend all
    Originally posted by TakeItEazy
    Well done to hubby. How exciting for both of you. Whilst it may take a while to adjust, just imagine the time you will have to spoil yourself, see friends and truly relax. The best bit will be when he comes home, you will be like star struck lovers all over again x
    Aim 20 lbs loss by 21.3.18.
    13 weeks to go - 19 lbs to go.
    • maman
    • By maman 2nd Dec 17, 7:07 PM
    • 17,172 Posts
    • 102,654 Thanks
    maman
    Take care tie. I'm sure your DH will be fine.

Welcome Caterina

If I was you I might wait til the new year as I think thats when the new books are out.
    Originally posted by beanielou

I'd agree. You can still make a start. If Green suits you then there's no reason why you can't use it (whatever the consultants say). As an example, Yeo Valley natural, organic yogurt is 1.5 syns for a 120g pot.

Called into B&M today to stock up on Frylight. No way am I paying £2.20 in Sainsbury's when it's £1.49 there. Also bought some other staples: wholewheat noodles, pickled cabbage, butter beans and bacon ready to make my pigs in blankets.

Enjoying my gin.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 2nd Dec 17, 7:17 PM
    • 4,744 Posts
    • 35,189 Thanks
    joedenise
    Only 1 syn so far today for light coconut milk. I added 100ml which is 4.5 but in 4 portions so only 1 syn per portion,

May have a bit of dark chocolate later for a few more syns, just to make it up to the 5; think I'll then be back on track with a few syns to spare for tomorrow.

Denise
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 2nd Dec 17, 7:20 PM
    • 49,044 Posts
    • 599,564 Thanks
    bubbs
    Results will come eventually. Sometimes we just get stuck in a rut. It's good to try new recipes too. Keep plodding.
    Originally posted by maman
    Thanks, no not giving up, got over my strop just about now
    Hello, I am toying with the idea of doing SW solo because i don't like groups. I have attended before and like the plan but not the group commitment.

Please can you give me ideas on the best way to go? I'm thinking of joining for 2-3 sessions and then do it alone. Also when I've done it in the past there were 2 each of HEA and HEB but is it true that now it's only one? My main concern is that I struggle on a very low fat diet.

Thank you.
    Originally posted by Caterina
    Welcome
    Morning all.

Not been around much as hubby managed to pop a disc in his back, so heís in agony. I donít mind playing nursemaid as he hates fuss & doesnít play on illness - as demonstrated by the fact he didnít know where the surgery was.

The WI in today showed a very surprising -2lbs though what I did differently this week is anyoneís guess. But Iím taking it & running. Iíve now got 2.5lbs to lose for 4.5 stones & 1 more wi before I go on hols so yes I am taking it to the wire.

Thank you again for your support - canít tell you how much it meant

X
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    well done
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 7lb week 38
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 2nd Dec 17, 7:29 PM
    • 49,044 Posts
    • 599,564 Thanks
    bubbs
    Welcome Caterina

Do we have to pay again for books?
    I had lovely pizza today.
    Wood fired.
    Was awsome, a treat from a friend, from a new place open in our villiage.
    I had picky tea with pizza

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Mines not cant get for love nor apg
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 2nd Dec 17, 7:36 PM
    • 49,085 Posts
    • 182,315 Thanks
    beanielou
    No, bubbs, existing members dont pay for new books.
    Or if they start charging then I wont be back.

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 2nd Dec 17, 7:54 PM
    • 49,044 Posts
    • 599,564 Thanks
    bubbs
    No, bubbs, existing members dont pay for new books.
    Or if they start charging then I wont be back.
    Thanks , i hope not too pay enough each week
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 2nd Dec 17, 8:01 PM
    • 49,085 Posts
    • 182,315 Thanks
    beanielou
    Thanks , i hope not too pay enough each week
    Originally posted by bubbs
    'Tis true.

• tweets
    • By tweets 2nd Dec 17, 8:08 PM
    • 28,147 Posts
    • 414,545 Thanks
    tweets

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    No yogurts in my fridge I got fed up of them
    Lost 3st-1lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 2nd Dec 17, 8:13 PM
    • 28,147 Posts
    • 414,545 Thanks
    tweets
    Well done to all the losers and SSM she doesn't know what she done

Really enjoyed match apart from dirty Pogba

Treated myself to a lovely warm Parka from Tesco and was surprised to be able to buy a size 16

Weigh day tomorrow so i'll be back
    Lost 3st-1lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 2nd Dec 17, 8:21 PM
    • 49,044 Posts
    • 599,564 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well done to all the losers and SSM she doesn't know what she done

Really enjoyed match apart from dirty Pogba

Treated myself to a lovely warm Parka from Tesco and was surprised to be able to buy a size 16

Weigh day tomorrow so i'll be back
    Originally posted by tweets
    Well done tweets on your new size
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

287Posts Today

1,465Users online

Martin's Twitter