Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 31st Oct 17, 8:07 AM
    • 1,791Posts
    • 8,969Thanks
    kathrynha
    Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017
    • 31st Oct 17, 8:07 AM
    Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017 31st Oct 17 at 8:07 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for youÖÖÖgo for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list Ė so thatís pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra Ďaí choice and one Healthy Extra Ďbí choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 56 lb
    Last updated: 11th December 2017
Page 44
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 29th Nov 17, 6:37 PM
    • 15,025 Posts
    • 186,183 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I'm new to all this but I think that even 'normal' slimming world has morphed over the years.

The latest starter pack deals with 'Extra Easy' (EE) and also mentions 'Extra Easy Speed/Protein' (EE SP) but people who I've spoken to who joined a while ago talk about having 'Red' and 'Green' days

oooh - that sounds nice - how do you cook it ?
    Originally posted by p00hsticks
    I did SW 28 years ago, when it was red and green, as a vegetarian (at the time) I just had veg, rice, pasta etc. I loved pasta, beans and marmite!

The curry was cooked by OH, he put loads of garlic in it.... it was rather lovely x
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 29th Nov 17, 6:59 PM
    • 4,733 Posts
    • 35,106 Thanks
    joedenise
    Officially there are now only 2 plans: EE and EESP. The Red and Green days are the old versions of the plan (there was also a Gold plan which was alternative days of Red and Green!) There have been other plans as well which involved Red and Green in the same day which has really morphed into the current EE plan!

As newbies it's best to ignore Red and Green days and just stick to EE or EESP which are the current plans. If you don't understand them and go to group ask your consultant to explain the plans to you again - it's what they're there for.

If you don't go to group re-read the posts at the beginning of the thread where they are explained.

Or of course you can always ask questions on here!

Denise
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 29th Nov 17, 7:09 PM
    • 10,318 Posts
    • 19,011 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Hi all
    Sorry Iím quiet. OH is on overtime at work and is out of the house from 8 in the morning until 11 at night so Iím doing everything myself plus spending horrendous amounts of time in the library trying to stay ahead on the three assignments Iíve got due before Christmas (1 and a half of them submitted, one more 300 word posting plus a 3000 word essay to go!)
    Despite all this Iím staying on plan (this is not easy!!)
    Apologies if TMI but Iím seriously bunged up at the moment- too much pasta! I know the SW purists on some groups on Facebook would be horrified that Iíve resorted to medication (oh itís got syns! Would be the cry, eat fibre and drink water!) unfortunately my IBS needs medication and Iím bu**ered if Iím going to syn it off to doctor tomorrow to get a prescription for the work of the devil aka Lactulose and never again am I eating pasta four times in a week
    Todayís food:
    B: Overnight Oats (HEXB) decaf coffee with HEXA
    L: Corned beef pasty (6.5 syns) salad, pear, satsuma, 2 bottle water, decaf coffee with HEXA
    T: Sweet chilli Quorn fillets (2.5) golden veg rice (1.5) peas, green beans, baby corn, cauliflower, carrots. Fab lolly (4) NAS Vimto
    S: 4 crackerbreads with Ham, hot NAS Vimto
    Syns: 18.5
    Sorry I havenít caught up on all the posts but hope all is well xx
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! ❤️DMU MA English begins 09/17
    WFC and pleased to be sponsor for the 2nd season ❤️ 🐝
    Will always miss you Elle and will never forget you, brightest star in the sky 😢
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 29th Nov 17, 7:51 PM
    • 48,863 Posts
    • 598,098 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all

We love it when someone has a whinge.... it is good for the soul x
    Make sure you shift your bottom at the gym... but remember if you jog/run that the pressure going through your knees is double your weight i.e. if you are 10 stone, there is 20 stone going through your knees..... walking is much better and more sustainable

Can you take something out of your freezer and eat it, and freeze caulk soup... a girl can only take so much cauli soup!

The squeezing the baby out was easy... my first weighed 8 lb 11, my second weighed 10 lb 12, and my third.... well all I can say is I stopped at that one!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    I could say something but seeing as i am a lady

Hope everyone is ok?
    Todays plan
    Hexa Milk
    Hexb 1 slice wholemeal from large loaf toasted with tea

Brekkie
    Ham, cucumber, cherry toms
    Lunch
    Speed crustless quiche
    Drinks, tea, water and NAS squash
    Here is tea
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 5 1/2lb week 37
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 29th Nov 17, 7:55 PM
    • 15,025 Posts
    • 186,183 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Evening all

I could say something but seeing as i am a lady
    Originally posted by bubbs
    You a lady.......... never!

OH has told me that he was 13lb 12 oz... I am sure he was 12 lb 13 oz.

The word that my friend says to me is 'bucket'........ she is a meanie!
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 29th Nov 17, 8:11 PM
    • 221 Posts
    • 904 Thanks
    MissTeach
    -2.5lb for me! Properly yo-yo-ing at the moment!

Have got my work xmas do on Friday night and afternoon tea on Saturday at a fancy hotel so It's probably all going back on next week!
    • lushlifesaver
    • By lushlifesaver 29th Nov 17, 8:15 PM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 18,043 Thanks
    lushlifesaver
    so hair appointment didn't happen again. apparently it will be tomorrow at 9.30am...apparently!

today:
    breakfast: trimmed bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms and spinach. tea (milk from hea)
    lunch: missed as by the time i'd got over my annoyance at the hair appt i decided to take littlie for an eye test so got that over with. got her a happy meal for being so amazing then a couple of bits in sainsburys at white rose centre then home. then missed it once home as rushing about trying to sort an issue with my rewards section of my health insurance plan and then with hubby
    tea: left over savoury mince from the other night (3syn) with rice and carrots, yellow pepper and cucumber

syns have gone on munchies: mini doughnut x2 = 6, mini sausage roll = 3, rest of tablet (well i've had 4 tiny cubes - less than one pick and mix cube of fudge! but trying to be realistic...ish noone tell me the real value ha)

hea: semi skimmed milk
    heb: nothing

sore throat since about 8pm yesterday that's not really easing but i have managed 2 litres of fluid today which is the best by far recently

need to try and have a few super low syn days next week as I have a work meal out, 2 kids parties and a craft fair where we have a stall to get through before Butlins and only weigh in tomorrow and next Thursday before we go!

Can't believe my week off feels like it's nearly over already ...suppose i have had 2 of 4 days off now!
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 29th Nov 17, 8:20 PM
    • 48,999 Posts
    • 181,848 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good loss Miss Teach

Hope tomorrow is the day lush.
    What a blooming carry on.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 29th Nov 17, 8:21 PM
    • 15,025 Posts
    • 186,183 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    -2.5lb for me! Properly yo-yo-ing at the moment!

Have got my work xmas do on Friday night and afternoon tea on Saturday at a fancy hotel so It's probably all going back on next week!
    Originally posted by MissTeach

Well done that is a good loss x

tea: left over savoury mince from the other night (3syn) with rice and carrots, yellow pepper and cucumber

Originally posted by lushlifesaver
    What did you have in the mince to make it 3 syns?

I am trying to resist popcorn... sitting on my hands x
    • Nicki
    • By Nicki 29th Nov 17, 8:22 PM
    • 7,566 Posts
    • 26,544 Thanks
    Nicki
    Comfort food day today but it was worth it

Breakfast: Cheerios and milk HEA (5 syns)
    Lunch: Cottage pie and broccoli (6 syns)
    Dinner: h/mvegetables and beef with noodles

No HEB today so I may try and squeeze a slice of toast in before bed.
    • lushlifesaver
    • By lushlifesaver 29th Nov 17, 8:31 PM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 18,043 Thanks
    lushlifesaver
    Well done that is a good loss x

What did you have in the mince to make it 3 syns?

I am trying to resist popcorn... sitting on my hands x
    It's the only way husband will eat savoury mince but it is delicious; its a tin of minestrone soup and a about 1tbsp of gravy granules made up with hot water. brown the mince, add the soup and gravy and heat until thickened. sounds disgusting (or did to me at first) but honestly it's so nice and worth the 3 syns to me

ETA: i know i could do my share differently and zero syn very easily but like i say its worth the syns to me. when it's other mince dishes i often do mine separately so as to be low or no syn
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 29th Nov 17, 9:01 PM
    • 15,025 Posts
    • 186,183 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    It's the only way husband will eat savoury mince but it is delicious; its a tin of minestrone soup and a about 1tbsp of gravy granules made up with hot water. brown the mince, add the soup and gravy and heat until thickened. sounds disgusting (or did to me at first) but honestly it's so nice and worth the 3 syns to me

ETA: i know i could do my share differently and zero syn very easily but like i say its worth the syns to me. when it's other mince dishes i often do mine separately so as to be low or no syn
    Minestrone soup........ yuck.

I used to put gravy granules, now it is oxo!

Last edited by Sunshinemummy; 30-11-2017 at 6:33 AM.
    • esmy
    • By esmy 29th Nov 17, 9:02 PM
    • 867 Posts
    • 2,847 Thanks
    esmy
    Evening all. Some good losses coming in!

Food as per plan again though had cottage cheese with JP for tea as I had no beans to make chilli. Syns today 9.5- Alpen Lights x2, honey, LTL mayo on salad, 2 for a tiny bit of hard cheese mixed in with cottage cheese. Also had a pear and a satsuma.

Working again tomorrow so
    B Alpen Light and fruit
    L Some kind of couscous salad -y thingy (!)
    D Sausage and mash with veg (I might replace the mash with swede so a bit more speedy)

Have a good night everyone
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 29th Nov 17, 9:08 PM
    • 48,863 Posts
    • 598,098 Thanks
    bubbs
    You a lady.......... never!

OH has told me that he was 13lb 12 oz... I am sure he was 12 lb 13 oz.

The word that my friend says to me is 'bucket'........ she is a meanie!
    Thats just what i was thinking
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 29th Nov 17, 9:12 PM
    • 48,863 Posts
    • 598,098 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well done to the losers
    Reading has just reminded me , need to sort SC out for tomorrow, as tomorrow is WI and then i will be ready to scoff when i get in
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 30th Nov 17, 9:43 AM
    • 3,129 Posts
    • 7,300 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Morning all

Thank you for not kicking me up the proverbal - as my consultant told me I should remember how far I've come....I do - the credit card is taking a bashing from all the new clothes I'm buying lol!

On a serious note, whilst I didn't want to get to target before Christmas I was hoping to have at least hit 4.5 stones - well that isn't going to happen now especially as I've only got two WIs before I go away.

So I think the plan will be to try to lose what I can before I go away but not have a blow out whilst I'm away ...I will even take my gym kit (and use it!) and then in the New Year look to get some 1:1 guidance whether it be with James Smith (he's very straight talking isn't he lol) or a real live person.

So as they say onwards & upwards!
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 30th Nov 17, 9:55 AM
    • 1,791 Posts
    • 8,969 Thanks
    kathrynha
    I agree with your consultant GTS.

I too had hoped for 4.5 stone by Christmas, but have had to give up on that one, seem how it's 10lb away. I think your plan sounds like a good one.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 30th Nov 17, 9:56 AM
    • 1,791 Posts
    • 8,969 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Today's plan for me is to try to not be too off plan. Feeling naff, feeling like eating everything bad, feeling down
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 30th Nov 17, 1:15 PM
    • 5,775 Posts
    • 5,550 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    Today's plan for me is to try to not be too off plan. Feeling naff, feeling like eating everything bad, feeling down
    Originally posted by kathrynha
    Sorry to hear that kathryn :-( hope you feel perkier soon.

The weather here (North East) is frightful - rain, snow, hail and biting wind, so at OH's request we're going off plan to have a chicken curry for dinner (was going to be a veggie stir fry full of good speed, which will have to wait until tomorrow now).

Brunch - cheese (HEXA) wholemeal sandwich (HEXB)

Lunch - 2 peppers, sliced (I just LOVE peppers !)

Dinner - chicken curry with rice (made with fresh chicken breast and an old (pre-SW) curry sauce jar from the cupboard that is apparently 17 1/2 syns, so say 9 syns for my portion. Possibly some veggies as a side.

Snacks - clementines
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 30th Nov 17, 2:54 PM
    • 1,106 Posts
    • 7,749 Thanks
    Top Girl

Have you tried my savoury mince recipe LLS, it's on here and is a big favourite in this house - Top Bloke isn't the biggest stew fan around but is always happy with this as long as I grate the carrot, he hates lumps!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

2,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin