Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bosie
    • By Bosie 30th Oct 17, 7:59 PM
    • 1,225Posts
    • 553Thanks
    Bosie
    Five year DRO sold to debt collection agency!
    • 30th Oct 17, 7:59 PM
    Five year DRO sold to debt collection agency! 30th Oct 17 at 7:59 PM
    My partner did a DRO back in March 2012, he was discharged from it in March 2013.
    A letter turned up last Friday,from a debt collector, asking for money, for a debt owing to Next Directory, which was included in the DRO.

We still have all the paperwork, anyway, the letter threatened the usual, they will pay a visit, Court etc.......

Due to illness, he isn't good talking on the phone, I got on and gave the advisor the DRO number.

I told them to get back to Next, as the DRO will be 6 years old in March 2018.
    Still worried though.
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 30th Oct 17, 8:36 PM
    • 12,419 Posts
    • 11,819 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 30th Oct 17, 8:36 PM
    • 30th Oct 17, 8:36 PM
    Hi,

You should send them a quick letter informing them the debt in question was written off in his DRO.

Enclose a copy of his DRO order that shows the debt, that should be the end of it.

The debt has been written off and no longer exists, if it went to court they would be in serious trouble.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Bosie
    • By Bosie 30th Oct 17, 10:16 PM
    • 1,225 Posts
    • 553 Thanks
    Bosie
    • 30th Oct 17, 10:16 PM
    • 30th Oct 17, 10:16 PM
    Hi,

You should send them a quick letter informing them the debt in question was written off in his DRO.

Enclose a copy of his DRO order that shows the debt, that should be the end of it.

The debt has been written off and no longer exists, if it went to court they would be in serious trouble.
    Originally posted by sourcrates
    Thank you, silly of Next to sell this debt after all this time.
    • fermi
    • By fermi 31st Oct 17, 9:41 AM
    • 39,274 Posts
    • 47,103 Thanks
    fermi
    • 31st Oct 17, 9:41 AM
    • 31st Oct 17, 9:41 AM
    Thank you, silly of Next to sell this debt after all this time.
    Originally posted by Bosie
    Yes. Will be part of a 'bulk sale', but bad all the same.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,555Posts Today

6,787Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin