Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chockydavid1983
    • By chockydavid1983 27th Oct 17, 11:29 AM
    • 519Posts
    • 306Thanks
    chockydavid1983
    Savings accounts accepting DD's
    • 27th Oct 17, 11:29 AM
    Savings accounts accepting DD's 27th Oct 17 at 11:29 AM
    Current list accepting new customers:
    Tesco (only until 04/18 for anyone)
    Scottish Widows Internet Saver Account (£10 minimum DD and £10 minimum balance)
    Post Office Online Saver (can only DD in from one nominated account, sketchy customer service feedback)
    Chip and Plum (app based)
    Birmingham Midshires Internet Saver Account (can only DD in from one nominated account, open with payment by cheque only, can change the linked account after)
    SAGA Telephone Easy Access Account (age 50+)
    https://www.wealthsimple.com/en-gb/ (unverified- see post #132)

Other DD ideas:
    Paypal (reported as in the process of being removed)
    Credit cards
    Charities
    Credit Unions
    Christmas Savings (not FSCS protected)
    http://www.littledebits.org

I will update this post with any other accounts that crop up but if you notice one that's not listed here just let me know (on the post itself or private message) and I'll update this post :-).
    Last edited by chockydavid1983; 06-01-2018 at 9:07 AM.
Page 15
    • DiegoJC
    • By DiegoJC 12th Jan 18, 10:44 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DiegoJC
    Correct, You cant fund your account by DD, but you can pay someone else and pay by DD.

I send money to my sister she sends it back to me straight away then I withdraw it and put it in the accounts the DD are coming out of.

I have done this for four accounts this months, as a trial before I need to use it in April.

Westie983
    Originally posted by Westie983
    Great, thanks. I wasn't sure that the Send money functionality used DDs.
    Think I'll have to rely on that even before April because my two 3% Tesco accounts need DDs not linked to the Internet Saver.

PS: today I received a survey from Tesco Bank about my satisfaction as a customer: I remarked that I cannot understand why they're changing the only thing that makes them different and better than their competitors; however I guess that the reason is simple: money!
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 12th Jan 18, 10:51 PM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 558 Thanks
    soulsaver
    Great, thanks. I wasn't sure that the Send money functionality used DDs.
    Think I'll have to rely on that even before April because my two 3% Tesco accounts need DDs not linked to the Internet Saver.

PS: today I received a survey from Tesco Bank about my satisfaction as a customer: I remarked that I cannot understand why they're changing the only thing that makes them different and better than their competitors; however I guess that the reason is simple: money!
    Originally posted by DiegoJC
    They also pay near the top interest rate on an easy access ac.
    • Southcoast01
    • By Southcoast01 15th Jan 18, 7:52 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Southcoast01
    2 x SW but currently unavailable for new applications.

BM I'm not sure if there's a limit but I have 2.

PO 1 and 1 joint but this seems to be per issue and they change this fairly often. I wasn't aware of the restriction and successfully opened 2 x sole and a joint issue 26 in October which all are working correctly. I've just opened a further sole & joint issue 28.

All only allow 1 nominated account and thus 1 DD per savings a/c.
    Originally posted by clivep

With BM does the linked account have to be the same for both accounts?
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 15th Jan 18, 11:26 PM
    • 1,519 Posts
    • 558 Thanks
    soulsaver
    With BM does the linked account have to be the same for both accounts?
    Originally posted by Southcoast01
    No, not in my experience...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

483Posts Today

4,577Users online

Martin's Twitter