Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • angela2011
    • By angela2011 26th Oct 17, 5:37 PM
    • 454Posts
    • 132Thanks
    angela2011
    bitcoin trading.
    • 26th Oct 17, 5:37 PM
    bitcoin trading. 26th Oct 17 at 5:37 PM
    Thinking of investing some cash in to trade in bitcoins. Been looking at cryptoallday and was wondering if anyone had used them before.

Any advice would be great...

TIA...
Page 8
    • 4 Pete's Sake
    • By 4 Pete's Sake 5th Feb 18, 7:47 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    4 Pete's Sake
    So many people have been predicting the bursting of the Cryptocurrency Bubble and now it is in full flow.

Bitcoin: 18/12/17 $19500 - Now $7000 a 64% fall
    Ethereum: 14/1/18 $1353 - Now $676 a 59% fall
    Ripple: 5/1/18 $3.45 - Now $ 0.69 an 80% fall
    Bitcoin Cash: 21/12/17 - Now $3551 Now $907 a 75% fall

This is just the beginning. Expect all of them to drop by at least 95% from their highs. It's Dot.com all over again and many young people are getting burnt.

The wise will have heeded the warnings and top sliced or sold all of them already.

I feel sorry for all those taken in by advertising over recent months, some referring to growth of 49,000% etc with no real warnings about how the price can also crash.

I wonder if some Solicitors will see potential here to make claims of mis-selling.

What will be next?

Perhaps someone selling computer codes to bubbles located in black holes. They could call them "Gullibubbles".

Checkout the latest falls here:

https://coinranking.com/
    Last edited by 4 Pete's Sake; 05-02-2018 at 7:54 PM.
    IF THIS POST HAS BEEN HELPFUL - PLEASE CLICK ON THANKS
    • planteria
    • By planteria 5th Feb 18, 11:24 PM
    • 4,964 Posts
    • 1,098 Thanks
    planteria
    ...Expect all of them to drop by at least 95% from their highs....
    Originally posted by 4 Pete's Sake
    Bitcoin at $975 and Ethereum below $68. i'd buy at those prices, all other things being similar to their state now.
    • Bravepants
    • By Bravepants 5th Feb 18, 11:26 PM
    • 340 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    Bravepants

I wonder if some Solicitors will see potential here to make claims of mis-selling.
    Who would they be making these claims against?
    • BananaRepublic
    • By BananaRepublic 6th Feb 18, 7:28 AM
    • 1,173 Posts
    • 851 Thanks
    BananaRepublic
    Bitcoin is down 68% from its peak, and still going down. It's not nice for the investers/mugs [delete as applicable] but it will be interesting to watch how this evolves over the rest of the year.
    • martinsurrey
    • By martinsurrey 6th Feb 18, 8:20 AM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 4,066 Thanks
    martinsurrey
    Bitcoin at $975 and Ethereum below $68. i'd buy at those prices, all other things being similar to their state now.
    Originally posted by planteria
    Why bitcoin and not a random other alt coin?
    • 4 Pete's Sake
    • By 4 Pete's Sake 7th Feb 18, 5:39 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    4 Pete's Sake
    Who would they be making these claims against?
    Originally posted by Bravepants
    It could be those making the outrageous growth predictions in adverts but I'm sure that if there is a claim to be had then solicitors would find someone to blame.

The problem could be that the Cryptocurrency Market is still completely unregulated.

Therefore it is a total gamble.

There will be "Dead cat bounces", which will make some hold rather than sell but the overall trend is still downwards.
    • 4 Pete's Sake
    • By 4 Pete's Sake 7th Feb 18, 5:44 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    4 Pete's Sake
    Originally posted by planteria
    Give it a few more months and your wish may well come true.
    • 4 Pete's Sake
    • By 4 Pete's Sake 7th Feb 18, 5:52 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    4 Pete's Sake
    Why bitcoin and not a random other alt coin?
    Originally posted by martinsurrey
    There are now 2831 Cryptocurrencies to choose, you can view them all at:

Just click on heading "CRYPTOCURRENCY" and it will take you to #2831 NumbersCoin. New ones are being invented every day. The scammers inventing them are the people who are making money out of this.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 7th Feb 18, 6:58 PM
    • 725 Posts
    • 598 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    It could be those making the outrageous growth predictions in adverts but I'm sure that if there is a claim to be had then solicitors would find someone to blame.
    That isn't mis-selling.

The problem could be that the Cryptocurrency Market is still completely unregulated.

Therefore it is a total gamble.
    The high volatility has nothing to do with whether the market is regulated or not. High volatility is due to wild speculation and fact that the asset has no clear reason for its valuation.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 7th Feb 18, 6:59 PM
    • 725 Posts
    • 598 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    There are now 2831 Cryptocurrencies to choose, you can view them all at:

Just click on heading "CRYPTOCURRENCY" and it will take you to #2831 NumbersCoin. New ones are being invented every day. The scammers inventing them are the people who are making money out of this.
    Cryptocurrency isn't a scam. It may be a poor investment choice, but it isn't a scam.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

998Posts Today

7,662Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @brendyeire: @MartinSLewis A good bit more. Would have eaten more ten years ago, but was a student then. Now working FT and can afford m?

• RT @twikki: @MartinSLewis Quit meat in January and saved about £50-100 a month on my shopping and eating out. Feel a lot healthier about my?

• Today's twitter poll: How much meat & poultry do you eat now compared to ten years ago?

• Follow Martin