Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • supertramp_1980
    • By supertramp_1980 24th Oct 17, 8:53 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 14Thanks
    supertramp_1980
    Newbie advice 16 mins over (parking eye)
    • 24th Oct 17, 8:53 PM
    Newbie advice 16 mins over (parking eye) 24th Oct 17 at 8:53 PM
    hi guys,

i'm after a bit of advice please, i've read the newbie packing ticket forum but to be honest there is so much information on there i found it a bit overwhelming and thought i'd ask for advice.

we received a letter through the door yesterday from Parking Eye requesting £100 parking charge. we entered the car park in wells by the sea at 13:01:42 and left at 16:18:17 we were in the car park for 3 hours and 16 mins. we paid for 3 hours parking but we were going by the time issued on the ticket (which we no longer have)

the issue we have is we were under the impression that there was supposed to be a grace period for parking? they have not taken into account the time that it took to actually park the car, find the machine, walk to the machine, wait in a queue for ages while the couple in front scrambled for change etc. we were back at our vehicle on time but with strapping in 2 babies and giving the dog a drink, we may have ran over.

we were also under the impression that there was a time limit on when you were supposed t be notfied by? we parked on the 30/09/17 and were only notified yesterday 23/10/17 (23 days later)

we want to appeal but we're not sure if its worth it or where to start. i've looked at the newbies forum but i got a bit confused and don't want to copy/paste the wrong items and stuff up my appeal if there even is one. some have even offered the advice of "ignore it"

lastly, it looks like they have issued a "golden ticket" as the bottom section of the PCN is blank and does not have any information stated that should be there.

thanks in advance
Page 3
    • supertramp_1980
    • By supertramp_1980 7th Dec 17, 6:44 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    supertramp_1980
    thanks keithp for all of your help. i don't want to go on for page after page. the original appeal was 5000 words which covers all of the important parts i'm pretty sure we'll have this in the bag as the they have failed to meet the BPA COP on the notice period and "golden ticket" and this is hopefully just poking a few more holes in their evidence pack. with the blunders they have put in the evidence pack i'm quietly confident.

i'll have a re jig of my wordings and get it off to POPLA tonight as we're away for a few days and i don't want to rush around like a loon when i get back

thanks again
    • supertramp_1980
    • By supertramp_1980 7th Dec 17, 7:35 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    supertramp_1980
    All submitted, thank you all for all of your help with this, i really appreciate it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,407Posts Today

8,243Users online

Martin's Twitter