Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 22nd Oct 17, 11:57 PM
    • 157Posts
    • 188Thanks
    camz2017
    Paying off debt to freedom
    • 22nd Oct 17, 11:57 PM
    Paying off debt to freedom 22nd Oct 17 at 11:57 PM
    Started my debt free diary, 31k in the red. The way I see it, the sooner I can become debt free the sooner I can live my life.

I am starting this diary as I have always kept my debt to myself, and I split with the girl I am seeing today... I think all of my debt and worries have meant I just ignored her, I feel bad I have literally said almost zero to her for the past 3 or 4 weeks, blanking her messages just thinking of my own mess. I was unsure how to tell her what is going on so I got kinda messy and couldn't explain myself and she naturally assumed I was hiding something and jumped to I have cheated...

Had a huge argument where she told me I encourage women to throw themselves at me and I am a psychopath, I'm a sociopath, and a horrible human being with no conscience guilt, can't remember what else, but basically told me I'm a horrible human being. I mean I can be an !!! at times, and I am quite nasty if I'm moody, but I do really care about those around me I feel sad my debt has caused this for me, as I'd have been fine otherwise. Amazing eh how debt can impact so much.

Anyway, felt like time to get my stuff together, get a diary going and vent out a little bit.

I imported all my spending for the past 4 months into YNAB, and it was frankly disgusting how I spent over £80 a month on fast food alone! So bad for my budget, and also my health! Likewise I spent £109 on average per month dining out!!! I have done a budget for next month, where I have said no fast food, and halved my dining out (with a view to phase out). I just think I am best to tackle one problem area per month, whilst keeping myself on budget and not going over into more debt. If I go crazy all at once, I know me, I will break everything and go wild.
    Last edited by camz2017; 23-10-2017 at 12:00 AM.
Page 2
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 31st Oct 17, 10:05 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    camz2017
    Oh my gosh this sounds like me on a bad day haha. .I feel guilty now lol karma is literally my favourite word
    This made me laugh out loud literally. Are you my ex lol? In all honesty give me a week I will likely be grovelling for her back, I am like that, make decisions, convince myself I am 100% decided and then change my mind all over... lol

Haha switching banks is easy, but can be a hassle if new cards and things don't arrive on time so don't blame ya.

Today has been good, I am just back to back on client calls all day everyday right now. Got a 6am call with Australia later this week, really not feeling that!! On a plus note, my client out in Canada said I have a nice voice earlier today Not sure why but it made me feel super good, I've been walking around talking with pride since.

...Still eating chocolate, got haribo also today. I might go get Pizza from ASDA in a minute, oh my god I love pizza.
    • Cherryjack
    • By Cherryjack 1st Nov 17, 9:41 PM
    • 1,098 Posts
    • 4,127 Thanks
    Cherryjack
    Lol I feel like I've taken over your thread!! But I assure you I'm not your ex.. you wear and use that voice with pride
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 2nd Nov 17, 5:45 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    camz2017
    Not at all. Today I've spent around £6, trying to cap my daily spend to £10, lets see how that works out.
    • Cherryjack
    • By Cherryjack 2nd Nov 17, 8:18 PM
    • 1,098 Posts
    • 4,127 Thanks
    Cherryjack
    3 no spend days here...I need to stay away fron Costa tommorow on my day off! Good effort
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 2nd Nov 17, 9:00 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    camz2017
    3 no spend days here...I need to stay away fron Costa tommorow on my day off! Good effort
    Originally posted by Cherryjack
    Hey huge congratulations on the 3 days no spend How much are you able to put away monthly?
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 4th Nov 17, 9:27 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    camz2017
    Meeting my mum today, my dads recently had an affair so feel quite bad for her. Will try and keep my spending under control but likewise I do want to treat her, luckily I’ve got £200 from recent birthday.

My ex was at my door last night, apparently she’s heard I’m talking to other girls and she was like “can we start seeing one another again?” I dunno it all seemed a bit desperate but I do feel kinda mean.
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 5th Nov 17, 12:11 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    camz2017
    Driving home I felt stressed about my financial situation today as I wasn’t able to treat my mum how I wanted, like I had to consider my budget and couldn’t just pick up the bill etc.

So anyway I finally get home in a fairly bad mood and my ex is on my doorstep waiting out of the blue... I can’t even explain how frustrated it made me, like it enraged me head to toe. Anyway she wouldn’t leave as she wants to talk, but I seriously can’t have a conversation with her right now as I will just pick at all her insecurities to get my own back as I’m mad... so super weird situation, I’m upstairs in my room and she’s downstairs sitting on my sofa watching tv waiting to talk to me. I literally might just go sleep and hope she leaves lol.
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 5th Nov 17, 12:37 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    camz2017
    Ok I went downstairs, picked her up, carried her down the stairs, out onto the road, then I locked her out. She was literally shouting histerically upto my flat for a while and now shes just calling me over and over.

Like how can anyone deal with this nonsense lol
    • Cherryjack
    • By Cherryjack 5th Nov 17, 9:10 AM
    • 1,098 Posts
    • 4,127 Thanks
    Cherryjack
    Good morning lovely, Gosh what drama..I hope your mum is ok , that's super sad..been there got the t-shirt. Realised it's positive in the end because you end up with someone much better (she's got good times to come). How did the spending go? I must start my diary tonight..
    Carried her out onto the street?? No wonder she's come back lol.. you sound strong haha.
    Anyhow on a serious note hope things are better today.
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 5th Nov 17, 9:48 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    camz2017
    Hello
    Spending was ok we just split the bill in half.

I hope things get better for her, but honestly she seems in a bad place, my sister says sheís drinking a lot more than before.

Please start your diary TODAY!

& lol, I am strong. 6ft 2, 182lbs, 9% body fat. I deadlift 160kg, trust me she ainít that big.
    • Cherryjack
    • By Cherryjack 5th Nov 17, 9:56 AM
    • 1,098 Posts
    • 4,127 Thanks
    Cherryjack
    Lol you are funny �� I've got to be good today...yesterday I went out and took a flask to avoid costa & Starbucks. ..lowest point in my life literally..old granny.com I had a 4 hour journey so took food aswell. Then on the way home i had to get my son a new coat so popped into tkmax and came out with 2 coats and 3 tracksuit bottoms. Thankfully I had vouchers but the whole transaction messed up so we had to wait for 30 mins to get it sorted. In this time I thought my child was gunna have a major melt down as he has no patience at all... due to autism. Came out of the shop and thought sod it both kids have been good let's roll to Costa lol ... im writing this with a coffee hehe
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 5th Nov 17, 10:27 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    camz2017
    Lol you are funny ��
    I do try
    I've got to be good today...yesterday I went out and took a flask to avoid costa & Starbucks. ..lowest point in my life literally..old granny.com I had a 4 hour journey so took food aswell.
    Food and drink is essential, the price of food on trains / planes / coaches is extortionate!!

Then on the way home i had to get my son a new coat so popped into tkmax and came out with 2 coats and 3 tracksuit bottoms.
    I love to lounge around in my tracksuit bottoms. I'm wearing some now

Thankfully I had vouchers but the whole transaction messed up so we had to wait for 30 mins to get it sorted. In this time I thought my child was gunna have a major melt down as he has no patience at all... due to autism.
    Sounds like a nightmare! This always happens when checkout staff have no idea what they're doing, personally I used to work in a big high street retailer... You get staff who don't know how to use a till, apply the vouchers, then exit the screen as they get confused, only thing is the system doesn't allow them to re-apply said voucher. Used to happen all the time and I would literally think how dumb are you to do this 3 times lol.

Came out of the shop and thought sod it both kids have been good let's roll to Costa lol ... im writing this with a coffee hehe
    [/QUOTE] Lol, you sound like me, I have stopped going to coffee shops now.

... I think all of this is telling us you would benefit immensely from your own debt free diary *hint*
    • Cherryjack
    • By Cherryjack 5th Nov 17, 6:32 PM
    • 1,098 Posts
    • 4,127 Thanks
    Cherryjack
    I'm definitely doing it tonight. .im really proud I paid a large chunk of money of my debt this month. Shall share my little story later il skip past my sainsburys takeaway coffee purchase and sandwich from today haha
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 7th Nov 17, 10:28 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    camz2017
    Trying to be nice today lol, had a bit of a nasty episode yesterday. Money wise I spoke with YNAB who got direct import working on my AMEX charge card so now I can easily monitor everything being spent on there.

I like to use the AMEX as then I can clearly see my spending number instead of it being mixed up in my debit card where direct debits are going out.

Balance is always paid in full.

It’s going ok but I’ve had a few unexpected outgoings this month and I’m feeling like the budgets really right now. Just trying to plod on.
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 9th Nov 17, 1:57 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    camz2017
    Had a mcdonalds today, didn't feel bad I haven't been in weeks. Had a drive around as I wanted to get out the house, felt a bit silly wasting petrol but cheaper than going the pub. I can't sleep, I feel really dizzy and light-headed.
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 9th Nov 17, 10:29 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    camz2017
    Woke up to a barrage of abuse from the ex girlfriend. Feeling the love today. On a plus side free sausage rolls in the office, I’ve had 2. Might save me buying lunch, although knowing me I’m going to be starving at midday.
    • DebtFreeFrog
    • By DebtFreeFrog 9th Nov 17, 11:15 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    DebtFreeFrog
    Just popping by to say Hi! I've subscribed.

Good luck with the debt and the ex girlfriend situation!
    07/11/17 £8199.31 Debt
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 9th Nov 17, 12:15 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    camz2017
    Hello

Thanks for subbing I will have a browse of your profile later and do the same.

Needless to say Iím hungry again lol - looking for the closest boots online as my sandwiches prepared on Sunday went bad! Thatís what I get for buying cheap bread at ALDI. Money down the drain.

Also some unknown !!!! ate all of my chicken portions I brought in especially for the week, leaving just the wrappers in the fridge and they took my 4 protein shakes which were £2 each and I literally didnít buy anything nice to afford them lol. Lesson learnt everyone at work is a thief.

Also my car, I had a wheel changed and now it shakes whenever I drive, so need to get that looked at.

Iíve factored these things into YNAB anyways.
    • DebtFreeFrog
    • By DebtFreeFrog 9th Nov 17, 12:57 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    DebtFreeFrog
    Haha thanks. Mine will probably be pretty boring in comparison

I can't believe somebody ate all your food and left the wrappers!

Every time I save abit of money something goes wrong with my car.
    07/11/17 £8199.31 Debt
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 9th Nov 17, 1:28 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    camz2017
    I’m just writing my life down here it’s quite nice

I just had a lovely turkey Christmas sandwich, feel slightly happier now haha. Genuinely if I don’t eat my whole body goes cold and I get super sad.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

251Posts Today

1,336Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin