Paying off debt to freedom

Options

Comments

• camz2017
    Options
    Paid off around £1500 as I started 31k but wasn’t accounting for a 1.5k debt so was really around 32.5k. Now I’m at just under 31k but unfortunately the car repair was just over £600.

Anyways when I start getting my payrise and my extra £250 in March I’m going to be much better off and be able to tackle it much quicker.

On another note, I feel like a horrible human being today, my ex called me last night and I was honestly so awful to her. She does need to back off like seriously though, like what is wrong with her?! JUST GO AWAY hahaha! Any top tips on getting crazy women out of your life? I’ve tried the being absolutely horrible thing and that seems to attract her back like a bloody magnet.
    BC 0/15305.83 MBNA: 0/11231.16 TESCO 0/822.87 LOAN 0/4272.67
  • EscapingTheAlarm
    Options
    That's really good! Even if the car cost you £600, £900 is really good going! I'm looking forward to seeing how well you get on once you've got the extra income.
    Have you considered speaking calmly to your ex and explaining that you don't feel like the relationship is healthy for either of you so although you really enjoyed your time together (even if you didn't, she doesn't need to know) and you wish her well, you won't be answering her calls or texts from this point on in order to give you both the chance to get over it (again, even if you're completely over it, she doesn't need to know!). Then stick to that promise and give her the chance to move on.
    ETA x
  • camz2017
    camz2017 Posts: 347 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks you’ve made me feel slightly better about things.

I’ve spoke to her calmly so many times, I can’t do it again. I’m just ignoring everything that comes my way but it’s honestly endless. I’m so fed up of her to the point id find it amusing if her hair fell out or something drastic lol. I’ve had a voicemail today at like 4am and multiple texts from different numbers as she’s like “Messaging from this phone as you’ve likely blocked mine.”
  • camz2017
    Options
    So I was going to move in March and work have contacted me during the reference period, asking me to hold off... I had applied to do international transfer out in America in the past, they've basically said I'm moving in March.

The city isn't super expensive like New York or whatever, still waiting on the contract but I'm hoping for 75,000 USD or higher, ideally more.

All a little mental right now, but I want to go, so I will make it work. They pay my rental for 6 weeks, moving expenses, flights etc. I will move my debts to mums address and pay them remotely, already figured out how to move money across the pond.
  • camz2017
    Options
    Did some modelling today, haven’t done it in a while mainly as I never really got much money from it - was paid in clothes and often didn’t even see the clothes haha! Anyway got a call out the blue, I was with an agent aged 14 to 20 and they called me. They’re actually a really big company. I used to be in magazines etc and everyone assumed I got paid but almost never did! I always wanted to become an editorial model, it’s ironic as I stopped doing it but now I’m literally the perfect sizes for it, they look for 6 foot to 6 foot 2, 30inch waist and 38 jacket. I fit right in there, makes me think could I have been successful lol. Anyway, as a guy it doesn’t pay anywhere near the women.

Bit annoyed my waist is 31 inches wanna get 30 inch waist...They also claimed I was 6 ft 1 which annoyed me lol.

Anyway in order to get slimmer I’m eating a 20 inch pizza, picked it up to save the delivery fee lol. Not onto a great start! I thought this was the standard large size, apparently it’s the size of my doorway.

tomorrow gotta drive 50 miles to get the only amazon echo left in the whole of the uk for my momma.
  • camz2017
    Options
    Driving home tomorrow to see my mum, super excited. Not really looking forward to seeing my dad as he’s been seeing another woman, and when I was last up for my birthday mum told me. He’s apparently ended things, but I’m a mummies boy so he won’t be getting much love from me. Gotta see my younger cousins as well, they annoy me so I usually tease them lol.

I think my mums gonna buy me things as I told her I was struggling financially, whenever I say that she never gives me cash as she wants me to have things and treat myself. Kinda could use the cash but also looking forward to a nice present or two.

Got the Alexa earlier, was like gold dust, hope mum likes it and can understand the concept lol. Just heading to the gym, I’ve been trying to cut so only ate 1600 calories each day for the last week, cannot wait to eat everything I see. I’m like such a moody person right now without my food lol. :D
  • EscapingTheAlarm
    Options
    Amazing news about your job Camz! Does it work out to be much of a pay rise from what you’re on now?
    I’m sorry to hear about your dad... You’ll have to try and make your mum’s Christmas really special!
    ETA x
  • camz2017
    Options
    The salary is under negotiation but I will report back.
    I can say they start graduates on $55,000 vs we start them on £26,000.

Definitely they do pay higher. If the pay isn’t right I won’t move over.

Being home is nice, free alcohol - I don’t usually drink as I’m scared it’ll make me fat lol. Lots of free food. No crazy ex girlfriends here! :D
  • camz2017
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone.
    I’m in trouble for teasing my cousin and making him cry. I tickled him to tears lol :D:D:D
  • camz2017
    Options
    I think I’m gonna get in even more trouble, me and my 16 year old cousin had to share a bed. He was super annoying so I laid on him for a few hours. Now he’s hobbling around the house and his mums looking at me in anger lol.

I got £100 from my mum in cash, and I wasn’t expecting any cash so that’s good. Got some cash from my auntie as well. I like cash it can go straight into a bank account :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport