Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Alphawife
    • By Alphawife 21st Oct 17, 3:34 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Alphawife
    Merseyflow Runcorn bridge toll PCN
    • 21st Oct 17, 3:34 PM
    Merseyflow Runcorn bridge toll PCN 21st Oct 17 at 3:34 PM
    Hello everyone, not sure if any of you are aware of the new bridge that has been erected to cross the mersey river at Widnes/Runcorn but to cut a long story short you have to pay £2 for each crossing made even though the existing bridge which was free to cross has now been closed forcing drivers to use the toll bridge. I crossed the bridge on Thursday for a return journey and tried to pay online the following day as asked to do by Merseyflow. Their website wouldn't accept the payment for some reason so I tried ringing the helpline to ask for advice and it was permanently engaged. I managed to get through this morning only to be told I only had 24 hours from time of using the bridge to pay and I was now being issued with 2 PCNs for £40 each! To say I'm fuming is an understatement as I feel I tried my best to pay. I'm wondering I have any grounds to appeal the PCNs when they arrive or do I just suck it up and pay? Thanks in advance for reading. I can't attach the link for Merseyflow sorry. I hope I have posted in the correct place as it's my first time posting. Please remove if not
    Last edited by Alphawife; 21-10-2017 at 3:47 PM. Reason: more information
Page 1
    • w06
    • By w06 21st Oct 17, 4:02 PM
    • 380 Posts
    • 555 Thanks
    w06
    • 21st Oct 17, 4:02 PM
    • 21st Oct 17, 4:02 PM
    you're not alone, there was an article in the Liverpool Echo about the same problem last night or night before (it's online)

The same system won't allow me to register my vehicle, emailed early last week, no asnwer as yet, thankfully don't go that way often
    • w06
    • By w06 21st Oct 17, 4:05 PM
    • 380 Posts
    • 555 Thanks
    w06
    • 21st Oct 17, 4:05 PM
    • 21st Oct 17, 4:05 PM
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fury-builds-over-mersey-gateway-13781304
    • Alphawife
    • By Alphawife 21st Oct 17, 4:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Alphawife
    • 21st Oct 17, 4:20 PM
    • 21st Oct 17, 4:20 PM
    When I spoke to a manager at Merseyflow this morning she said she was in all day yesterday and the phones where never that busy to be engaged! No wonder she didn't think it was busy when nobody could get through. Thank you for the link w06, it's nice to know I'm not alone!
    • ydarin
    • By ydarin 30th Nov 17, 1:47 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ydarin
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:47 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:47 PM
    Does any one know if Merseyflow legally has the right to insist on their method of payment to pay the fine?

Thanks
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 30th Nov 17, 2:22 PM
    • 1,969 Posts
    • 2,480 Thanks
    unforeseen
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:22 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:22 PM
    Well you have a choice of online or by phone. What is the problem?
    The Mersey Gateway Bridge and A533 (Silver Jubilee Bridge) Road Users Charging Scheme Order 2017 gives them the authority to dictate how penalties should be paid

https://www.trafficpenaltytribunal.gov.uk/docs/Roads-User-Charging-Scheme-Order-2017.pdf para 7
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,346Posts Today

8,115Users online

Martin's Twitter