Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gasgirlnikki
    • By Gasgirlnikki 20th Oct 17, 7:51 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Gasgirlnikki
    Ease your mortgage, conman or new ppi style genius?
    • 20th Oct 17, 7:51 PM
    Ease your mortgage, conman or new ppi style genius? 20th Oct 17 at 7:51 PM
    This is my first post, I'm after some advise please . A new company called ease your mortgage claim they can write off 70% of your mortgage, if your lender has sold on your mortgage debt to a third party. They also claim a high percentage of lenders will have done this.
    Now, I was bought up to believe if something sounds too good to be true, it is! And this certainly seems to fall into that bracket. However, I still find myself intrigued and tempted to pursue a claim. I heard their advert on LBC radio, which are a reputable station which prompted me to look further.. They say that successful cases are not allowed to be publicised so there are no testimonies for me to read and enquiry about. But I wonder if, like the ppi, this is the early stages of a great loophole which I should jump on before lenders close it.
    Has anyone got any info or advice please ?
Page 1
    • bexster1975
    • By bexster1975 21st Oct 17, 9:27 AM
    • 1,063 Posts
    • 4,885 Thanks
    bexster1975
    • 21st Oct 17, 9:27 AM
    • 21st Oct 17, 9:27 AM
    Didn't want to read and run. I've never heard of this tho. I wouldn't personally touch it with a barge pole to be frank. If it is legit, the " loophole" won't be closed because it is clearly considered inappropriate behaviour. If it's the next PPI then everyone will be told about it.

ETA: also, many student loans have been sold on and I'm unaware of a 70% write off available to people for these. That would be a huge deal if that were true.
    Bexster
    • Diya12
    • By Diya12 3rd Dec 17, 12:25 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Diya12
    • 3rd Dec 17, 12:25 AM
    • 3rd Dec 17, 12:25 AM
    This is no PPI, it’s a money making scam which they THINK they may pull off In the long term like PPI’s. Avoid it like the plague and save your money!

They won’t tell you something vital at the start- that they need thousands of clients for each lender in order to proceed to court stage. They’ve been taking money off people for around a year and half now and continuing to do so. The more they make, the more they advertise, and more people are getting duped!

IF they win ( 99.99999% they won’t), you can then challenge your lender yourself through your own Solicitor. Legal Quest have added a lovely disclaimer to their website asking for you to get ‘independent legal advice’ before proceeding.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,965Posts Today

10,390Users online

Martin's Twitter