Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LongLegs17
    • By LongLegs17 18th Oct 17, 8:29 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 11Thanks
    LongLegs17
    ParkingEye Aldi Westcliff-on-Sea
    • 18th Oct 17, 8:29 PM
    ParkingEye Aldi Westcliff-on-Sea 18th Oct 17 at 8:29 PM
    I've spent the last 90 minutes reading this forum and its stickies after Googling PE's payment number (with the intention of paying) and found myself here, however I hope you accept my apologies if my question has already been covered elsewhere on here.

I've read templates and studied pictures and I feel I've got a winning case here but can't be sure that I'm not just being uncharacteristically optimistic, plus I'm not going to lie but this is all quite overwhelming and stressful and even writing this now I'm telling myself it'll all be over if I just pay, but then I'd be giving them justification to continue their questionable practices.

Date of Event: 07/07/17
    Date Issued: 14/10/17
    Date Received: 18/10/17

Date 'Discount' Expires: 28/10/17

Am I right in thinking that this is unenforceable?

I'm attempting to attach a picture of the back of the PCN as it looks a bit like the rear of one I've seen in one of the stickies titled "Golden Ticket" but again, I just want to be sure and right now I'm not.

OK as a new user I'm unable to post a link to the picture.

I sincerely hope I've not overlooked the information in one of the stickies but I'm sure I'll find out pretty quickly.

Whether this gets overturned/thrown out or I end up paying it I just want to say thanks for the brief education I've gained from the forum this evening and I'll most definitely be returning for further education.
Page 2
    • LongLegs17
    • By LongLegs17 26th Dec 17, 12:29 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    LongLegs17
    My final draft, I'm satisfied but I'll hold off until the morning just in case a resident expert spies an issue.

====================

"While the parking charge may have been issued 'correctly', the NTK was non-compliant with the POFA 2012 and ParkingEye have admitted this themselves. They have also failed to provide anything that shows the keeper was driving and the keeper is not liable.

The dates on all but two of their supporting photos of signs are dated from between 2013 and 2015, with two other pages dated 2017. The aerial map has no date on the picture and no date on the page.

ParkingEye claim to operate a grace period of a minimum of 10 minutes at this and all other sites, yet in this instance there was an overstay of 10 minutes and 25 seconds and a PCN has been issued over 90+ days after the event.

No attempts were made by ParkingEye to issue the PCN earlier.

They are not the landowner and have failed to provide a copy of the contract detailing the restrictions, charges, the date and the terms of business, definition of my status as agents or contractors and my assigned rights. A site agreement or witness statement is “not valid evidence” as per POPLA rules."

====================
    Last edited by LongLegs17; 26-12-2017 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Wording
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 26th Dec 17, 6:13 AM
    • 16,286 Posts
    • 25,339 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    While the parking charge may have been issued 'correctly',
    Do not leave that in. POPLA make some very odd decisions, and I could see an assessor taking that as some kind of ‘admission’ on your part - at best, it adds nothing to your rebuttal, at worst, it is potentially harmful to your case.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • LongLegs17
    • By LongLegs17 26th Dec 17, 9:22 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    LongLegs17
    The comments were submitted with the comment quoted above having been removed. I saw that bit on the other forum when I googled one of PE's phrases but I've clearly misinterpreted what that thread was saying.

Thanks for giving that a once over for me, it's appreciated.

I'll be sure to give you guys an update on the final outcome.

I should've said this yesterday, but Merry Christmas all.
    • LongLegs17
    • By LongLegs17 5th Jan 18, 7:00 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    LongLegs17
    Great Success! - Borat

I'd like to give a huge thanks to everyone who helped me with this situation, from the people who actively contributed to the thread and gave pointers/advice to the people who's appeal templates I made use of.

I assume I can copy and paste the assessment into the POPLA Decisions thread, minus any personal info?

Without you guys I'd be just another 'victim' to these people.
    Thank you.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Jan 18, 7:05 PM
    • 5,096 Posts
    • 3,551 Thanks
    KeithP
    I assume I can copy and paste the assessment into the POPLA Decisions thread, minus any personal info?
    Originally posted by LongLegs17
    Yes please do.

If you can manage to space it into paragraphs rather than the usual wall of text posts we see there, that would be appreciated too.

Oh... and well done.
    Last edited by KeithP; 05-01-2018 at 8:21 PM.
    • LongLegs17
    • By LongLegs17 5th Jan 18, 7:09 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    LongLegs17
    That's the very least I can do.

Thank you Keith.

Post #2854 in the Decisions thread.

Thanks again
    Last edited by LongLegs17; 05-01-2018 at 7:25 PM. Reason: Adding Decisions post #
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Jan 18, 7:19 PM
    • 7,609 Posts
    • 6,684 Thanks
    The Deep
    we must confirm that all invoices issued to ParkingEye by
    motorists, whether they concern an alleged loss, cost or expense, either following
    payment, appeal or any other issue, are categorically rejected

Parking Eye may reject them, but if you take them to court, a judge may think otherwise..
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,271Posts Today

10,051Users online

Martin's Twitter