Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • deanos
    • By deanos 18th Oct 17, 4:28 PM
    • 10,776Posts
    • 5,541Thanks
    deanos
    a little victory
    • 18th Oct 17, 4:28 PM
    a little victory 18th Oct 17 at 4:28 PM
    local shop installed anpr cameras on poles to dish tickets out , they didn't get planning permission and they break rules , council has asked them to retro apply for permission , they haven't, enforcement action to follow

just a small victory, but one all the same
Page 2
    • deanos
    • By deanos 11th Jan 18, 5:27 PM
    • 10,776 Posts
    • 5,541 Thanks
    deanos
    They have not even bothered to get retrospective planning for the poles and i cant see it happening, i reported this in 2016 originally.

As for the signs is it worth replying ?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Jan 18, 8:11 AM
    • 7,648 Posts
    • 6,727 Thanks
    The Deep
    how about a sticker over it saying "this sign is llegal, it has been erected in breach of the law"
    Last edited by The Deep; 13-01-2018 at 8:15 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 13th Jan 18, 9:18 AM
    • 3,953 Posts
    • 5,575 Thanks
    Half_way
    is this an independent shop, or party of a chain?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • deanos
    • By deanos 13th Jan 18, 9:27 AM
    • 10,776 Posts
    • 5,541 Thanks
    deanos
    Its a Spar shop so unsure if its part of a chain or a franchise
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jan 18, 1:20 AM
    • 52,881 Posts
    • 66,403 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Your Chuckle Brothers avatar really puts me off reading!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 16th Jan 18, 12:54 PM
    • 1,879 Posts
    • 3,069 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    how about a sticker over it saying "this sign is llegal, it has been erected in breach of the law"
    Originally posted by The Deep

This is the best idea. Ever.

There's no criminal damage if it's a removable sticker. However, the stickers will soon be removed, and you'd have to stick them on every sign.

How about getting your local paper interested in Smart's sharp practices and the fact that the council won't do anything. And complain to your local councillor. Keep up the good work!
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 16th Jan 18, 12:56 PM
    • 1,879 Posts
    • 3,069 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    I'm encouraged by the council's response that they'll do nothing if it's not causing anyone any bother. I think I'll rely on that to build a new house in my garden without consent, that won't harm anyone!
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,425Posts Today

7,838Users online

Martin's Twitter