Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WelshLass
    • By WelshLass 18th Oct 17, 3:00 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 0Thanks
    WelshLass
    Help with County Court Claim!!
    • 18th Oct 17, 3:00 PM
    Help with County Court Claim!! 18th Oct 17 at 3:00 PM
    Hi Guys
    I'm new to this - already posted this in wrong forumw this morning!! Doh!

The DRIVER parked in a private car park (with Stapark signage and anpr) to unload the car for a village table top sale and the organiser said dont worry about paying as your just dropping your stuff off as they were doing the selling. So the driver parked , unloaded for around 30 mins at 9am then went back around 1430 again for around 30mins to pick unsold stuff up
    Subsequently I the Keeper started receiving PCN notices from zzps. I ignored all correspondence that they sent through as was told by locals that no one paid in that car park.
    ( if the driver has ever used the car park for actual parking they do pay which they have texts confirming)
    So I ignored the letters from zzps and then the solicitors wright hassell sent me letters threatening a CCJ
    the driver has never responded or called either company
    I hadnt heard anything since around July and haven't had a letter before Court come but this morning I've received the claim form from the county court the claimant being - CEL
    I don't know what to do now??
    Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks in advance
    Aimee
    Last edited by WelshLass; 18-10-2017 at 11:42 PM. Reason: I was advised to by another member
Page 2
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 29th Oct 17, 3:58 PM
    • 4,759 Posts
    • 3,111 Thanks
    KeithP
    Have a read of this very new thread:

• WelshLass
    • By WelshLass 31st Oct 17, 11:35 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    WelshLass
    I'm still rather confused about that thread?
    If my claim form was dated the 10th so date of service is about the 15th and CEL got the pocs to me by the 28th (although dated 111017) they've still got them to me by 14 days haven't they? Or is it from date of claim?
    Should I be sending a letter to CEL and the Court? If so are there any templates? None have gone on that new thread
    Thanks in Advance WL
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 31st Oct 17, 12:01 PM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Its from date of service
    SO they are JUST in time
    HOWEVER Im sure your PoC were dated 11th October, same as everyone elses, yet they clearly were not sent that date. They have backdated the PoC so it looks like they were sent early, and you need to ensure the court knows when you ACTUALLY got the PoC
    You also write to the claimant asking them to send their certificate of service of the PoC, which msut contain a statement of truth to verify the date they ACTUALLY setnt them
    • WelshLass
    • By WelshLass 29th Nov 17, 3:36 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    WelshLass
    Hi all
    Update-
    I have the DQ, I've filled it out as per Bargepoles walk through...do I have to send a hard copy to both the CC and to CEL or can it be scanned and emailed?
    Thanks WL
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 29th Nov 17, 3:38 PM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    You can scan and email to court for sure
    Techncially for CEL you can only serve via email if you have already confirmed service via email is OK, over the phone.
    • WelshLass
    • By WelshLass 29th Nov 17, 3:56 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    WelshLass
    Thanks for the quick reply ��
    Do the cc not just forward them one? It doesn't say anywhere on the DQ or covering letter that I have to send CEL one or is that just a given that you have to?
    I haven't a clue what address to send it to? ��
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 29th Nov 17, 4:49 PM
    • 4,759 Posts
    • 3,111 Thanks
    KeithP
    Originally posted by WelshLass
    Isn't the claimant's address on the claim form?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 29th Nov 17, 5:02 PM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Thanks for the quick reply ��
    Do the cc not just forward them one? It doesn't say anywhere on the DQ or covering letter that I have to send CEL one or is that just a given that you have to?
    Originally posted by WelshLass
    No, only for the defence is it served on the C for you
    Well it tells you to serve on all parties. That of course includes CEL, as C
    Claim form!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,725Posts Today

6,873Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin