Tesco Refunds

I recently returned an item to Tesco and the money was refunded to my card, but I was told that I couldn't be given a receipt showing the refund (member of staff said she wasn't allowed to give me one).
Are they allowed to do this? I don't really have any proof that the money was credited back to my bank account if it doesn't get there.

Comments

• The receipt is yours. It is your proof of refund. the customer service staff member can print a copy for her records.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm not sure on the legality (she said she wasn't "allowed") but AFAIK Tesco do still give reciepts for refunds, I had one a few days ago. I didn't ask for one to be printed it just was.
    If I was told I could not have a proof of refund and I'd requested one, I'd want to speak to the manager...
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Was it a VISA card?

"5.11.1.1 Merchant Processing of Credits to Cardholders
    At the time that a Merchant processes a credit to a Cardholder for a valid Transaction that was previously processed, the Merchant must do all of the following:
    ● Identify the original Transaction on the Transaction Receipt
    Deliver a completed Credit Transaction Receipt to the Cardholder..."

https://www.visaeurope.com/media/images/visa%20public%20rules%2015%20october%202016-73-40575.pdf
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure