Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • StinkerPinker
    • By StinkerPinker 16th Oct 17, 12:27 AM
    • 103Posts
    • 21Thanks
    StinkerPinker
    Eon website frustration
    • 16th Oct 17, 12:27 AM
    Eon website frustration 16th Oct 17 at 12:27 AM
    Hi, anybody else having problems switching tariffs within the Eon website? (ie. from one Eon tariff to another)

I try the "Get a Quote" service repeatedly,failing. If not logged in to my account, I can go through the procedure up to the point where I actually want to initiate the switch. Then it requires me to log in and repeat the process, which is supposed to be more automated.

This then always fails at the point where the site is trying to access my existing energy usage info. It just hangs - I've left it for half an hour, with no joy. The info is in the system and up to date - I submitted a meter reading and got a new bill this very day.

This is a nuisance - the tariff I want is signup online only. I've tried several browsers, with same result.

Anyone else having this problem?

Stinker.
Page 2
  • E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    Dear Helena, thank you for your reply.

I have attempted to send you the requested details via PM but the MSE system tells me you are not permitted or have chosen not to receive Private Messages.

I don't want to place my name, address and Eon account details in the public domain.

Is there a way around this problem?

stinker..
    Originally posted by StinkerPinker
    Hiya StinkerPinker,

Sorry, reps on here don't have access to PM's.

You can email me, address is in my profile, but it's WebForumAdvisors@eonenergy.com

Thank you.

Helena
    “Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • StinkerPinker
    • By StinkerPinker 26th Oct 17, 10:02 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    StinkerPinker
    Helena - I have sent an email to the address you mentioned. Thank you.
    Helena - I have sent an email to the address you mentioned. Thank you.
    Thank you StinkerPinker,

Got it

Helena
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • radiant
    • By radiant 27th Oct 17, 7:18 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    radiant
    (Thought I would use this thread rather than start another)

I'm an Econ 7 Electric only user. When I log in and use the "best deal" facility it doesn't seem to show me the Day/Night Econ 7 rates, only the standard rate in the Tariff Information Label section. Any idea how I can see the Econ 7 rates for new tariffs?

P.S. The Customer Service phone waiting times are still woeful.
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 27th Oct 17, 7:22 PM
    • 162 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    A month and waiting to sort this out, is not very customer orientated.
    • StinkerPinker
    • By StinkerPinker 8th Nov 17, 12:54 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    StinkerPinker
    To EON Representative Helena - I have just tested the EON website quote and change tariff facility again, and it now appears to be working.

I took it all the way through to "sign up for this tariff" stage for the one I want, and all seemed OK, quote amount as expected, retrieved previous energy use correct etc.

I didn't sign up though, because of the prior arrangement you kindly made, ie. being put on the spreadsheet of those waiting to sign up once things were working again.

I'm just wondering whether I should actually go ahead and sign up online and ask to be removed from the spreadsheet, or wait for that to proceed in it's own time.

Please advise,

Thanking you,
    Stinker.
    To EON Representative Helena - I have just tested the EON website quote and change tariff facility again, and it now appears to be working.

I took it all the way through to "sign up for this tariff" stage for the one I want, and all seemed OK, quote amount as expected, retrieved previous energy use correct etc.

I didn't sign up though, because of the prior arrangement you kindly made, ie. being put on the spreadsheet of those waiting to sign up once things were working again.

I'm just wondering whether I should actually go ahead and sign up online and ask to be removed from the spreadsheet, or wait for that to proceed in it's own time.

Please advise,

Thanking you,
    Stinker.
    Hiya,

If all is ok and you're happy with what the quote is saying, go for it and sign up.

Don't worry about your details being added to the spread sheet, they'll see you've done it and leave your account.

Thank you ever so much for letting me know.

Helena
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 8th Nov 17, 1:34 PM
    • 2,844 Posts
    • 13,326 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    Changing E.ON tariff can also cause problems for me recently, changed to E.ON Go Online 1 Year v2 should be £55.84 both fuels based on last years usage ,old tariff was Fixed 2 Year v9.

Now into the 2nd month of new Online 1 Year v2 currently £62. my usage has decreased by 11 percent over last year.
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • StinkerPinker
    • By StinkerPinker 8th Nov 17, 2:13 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    StinkerPinker
    MoneyMate -

Gulp! That's the tariff I just this minute switched to! Electricity only though. It has a very similar cost profile to my old tariff, and will have the effect of extending a favourable rate for nearly a year, hopefully, if no problems encountered.

Cheers.
    • StinkerPinker
    • By StinkerPinker 8th Nov 17, 2:17 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    StinkerPinker
    To EON Representative Helena - I seem to have successfully switched to the Go Online 1 year v2 electricty only tariff now, and forward dated it to start at the maximum permitted 52 days from now, which is a bonus.

Thank you for all your assistance over the past weeks in this matter.
    Stinker.
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 8th Nov 17, 2:37 PM
    • 2,844 Posts
    • 13,326 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    MoneyMate -

Gulp! That's the tariff I just this minute switched to! Electricity only though. It has a very similar cost profile to my old tariff, and will have the effect of extending a favourable rate for nearly a year, hopefully, if no problems encountered.

Cheers.
    Hi StinkerPinker , im sure sure all will go fine for you, its just strange the £62 is the amount my old tariff would have gone up to.
    UK Resident
    To EON Representative Helena - I seem to have successfully switched to the Go Online 1 year v2 electricty only tariff now, and forward dated it to start at the maximum permitted 52 days from now, which is a bonus.

Thank you for all your assistance over the past weeks in this matter.
    Stinker.
    Morning StinkerPinker,

I'm sorry I didn't get time to reply yesterday

Thank you ever so much for the kind feedback and also for letting me know that you're now on the tariff that you want

Helena
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 9th Nov 17, 10:12 AM
    • 2,844 Posts
    • 13,326 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    New lower tariff but paying more
    Morning StinkerPinker,

I'm sorry I didn't get time to reply yesterday

Thank you ever so much for the kind feedback and also for letting me know that you're now on the tariff that you want

Helena
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    Hi Helena could you please shead some light on my delema please as above
    UK Resident
    Changing E.ON tariff can also cause problems for me recently, changed to E.ON Go Online 1 Year v2 should be £55.84 both fuels based on last years usage ,old tariff was Fixed 2 Year v9.

Now into the 2nd month of new Online 1 Year v2 currently £62. my usage has decreased by 11 percent over last year.
    Originally posted by MoneyMate
    Morning MoneyMate,

I'm sure you've already done this, but get the account billed up to accurate meter reads.

I understand your usage has gone down a bit, but did you have any credit or debit on the account? If you had a credit the Direct Debit may have been a bit lower to use it up. Now it's gone, the DD would have increased.

It could be a forecast figure or expected usage, based on last year.

To be honest I could be way off track really, the only way would be for me to have a look at your account and I can see what's going on.

If you'd like me look just drop an email to me with your name address date of birth and account number. WebForumAdvisors@eonenergy.com

Then I should be able to give you some proper answers

Thank you

Helena
    • hamski
    • By hamski 11th Nov 17, 10:15 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    hamski
    Finally got my new tariff
    After waiting over 5 weeks I managed to get the tariff i applied for on the 9th october.
    Hope you get yours sorted stinker but I would advise you to keep an eye on it as it needed me to pester EON before it was done.The staff at EON are all helpful but I think there battling against a flawed system.
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 4th Dec 17, 2:51 PM
    • 2,844 Posts
    • 13,326 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    Morning MoneyMate,

I'm sure you've already done this, but get the account billed up to accurate meter reads.

I understand your usage has gone down a bit, but did you have any credit or debit on the account? If you had a credit the Direct Debit may have been a bit lower to use it up. Now it's gone, the DD would have increased.

It could be a forecast figure or expected usage, based on last year.

To be honest I could be way off track really, the only way would be for me to have a look at your account and I can see what's going on.

If you'd like me look just drop an email to me with your name address date of birth and account number. WebForumAdvisors@eonenergy.com

Then I should be able to give you some proper answers

Thank you

Helena
    Hi Helena, long time no speak could I ask you to have a look again, still paying more than last year on a cheaper tariff, thanks in advance.
    UK Resident
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 6th Dec 17, 9:33 AM
    • 2,844 Posts
    • 13,326 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    Hi Helena, long time no speak could I ask you to have a look again, still paying more than last year on a cheaper tariff, thanks in advance.
    Hi Helena, are you looking at my case please
    UK Resident
    Hi Helena, are you looking at my case please
    Morning MoneyMate,

I'll be in touch via email today, or it might be Amy who's helping me.

'speak' soon.

Helena
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 6th Dec 17, 11:51 AM
    • 2,844 Posts
    • 13,326 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    Morning MoneyMate,

I'll be in touch via email today, or it might be Amy who's helping me.

'speak' soon.

Helena
    Thanks Helena and Amy
    UK Resident
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,042Posts Today

6,461Users online

Martin's Twitter