Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AubreyMac
    • By AubreyMac 13th Oct 17, 1:00 PM
    • 1,224Posts
    • 2,845Thanks
    AubreyMac
    Office..........for life
    • 13th Oct 17, 1:00 PM
    Office..........for life 13th Oct 17 at 1:00 PM
    I got a new laptop.

Previously I've had my desktop which lasted about 9 years, it ran on vista. I kept it until it totally died as my computer/internet usage is minimal so it wasn't worth me getting a new one until I really had to, and now is the time.

My new laptop only has a Office 365 trial. I've looked into buying it but the options are for 1/3/5/10 devices for a year. Now what happen to buying it once and it lasting forever (or at least until you're ready to keep with the times)?

If I buy office for a year, what happens after the year? does it just stop?

My desktop had office 2010 I think and it didn't ask me to re-buy each year.
Page 4
    • joeypesci
    • By joeypesci 10th Nov 17, 3:35 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    joeypesci
    Out of interest, if you leave their employment, are you expected to uninstall it?
    Originally posted by dunroving
    Yes you are but no one would ever know and MS never bother checking it would cost to much money for them to check.
    • antonic
    • By antonic 2nd Dec 17, 6:15 AM
    • 1,757 Posts
    • 2,591 Thanks
    antonic
    Thanks for the tip people.

I have bought my dad Office 2016 for Christmas from Amazon (cost me £10) and it works perfectly.

Got myself a copy for £10 through a Home Use Program , and again it works perfectly !.
    LBM Sept 2005 spoke to Payplan - brilliant !
    Dec 2005 debt £21.959.64 + HBOS Int £1769.32
    June 2013 debt £0.00
    DF status confirmed by email 10/07/13
    DFW Long Hauler 297
    • henm2
    • By henm2 2nd Dec 17, 12:44 PM
    • 663 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    henm2
    I would avoid the hassle. Just download Libre Office. It works fine for free.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 2nd Dec 17, 12:45 PM
    • 5,670 Posts
    • 2,609 Thanks
    LeeUK
    Office 2016 - Cracked Edition. Winner.
    • were
    • By were 2nd Dec 17, 3:20 PM
    • 570 Posts
    • 337 Thanks
    were
    Thanks for the tip people.

I have bought my dad Office 2016 for Christmas from Amazon (cost me £10) and it works perfectly.

Got myself a copy for £10 through a Home Use Program , and again it works perfectly !.
    Originally posted by antonic
    <The devil inside me told me to type this> I would have bought the £3.50 licence, and with the change you and your dad could have sat in a pub and had a beer. Also the Pro Plus licence gives you Outlook, Publisher, Access and Skype for Business too

Disregarding what any opinion here, and no matter who you buy it from, or how you buy it, so long as it is MS say it is valid, you are good.

Personally, I use the free LibreOffice. For something free and small and in the past was VERY compatible Abiword from https://www.abisource.com was awesome.

LeeUK on post #56 has it right when he said to download the iso, as Once MS stop supporting a product they usually remove ALL the related material including patches, fixes and questions.
    Last edited by were; 02-12-2017 at 3:26 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,540Posts Today

6,643Users online

Martin's Twitter