Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 12th Oct 17, 11:57 PM
    • 19,716Posts
    • 31,865Thanks
    Spendless
    Friday or Monday
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:57 PM
    Friday or Monday 12th Oct 17 at 11:57 PM
    I have tomorrow off I booked the day as hols due to needing to take my car to the garage and my daughter taking part in a concert and having to get her there early.

So today I was thinking is it better to have Friday off, so the weekend comes quicker or would it be better to have Monday off, so no Sunday night blues.

This assumes you work a Mon-Fri week of course.
Page 1
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 13th Oct 17, 12:05 AM
    • 26,862 Posts
    • 14,585 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    • 13th Oct 17, 12:05 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 12:05 AM
    Monday is better to deal with the Sunday blues. Also in many jobs fridays tend to be shorter working hours. Even if they arenít shorter people are in a better mood than on Mondays.
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 13th Oct 17, 8:19 AM
    • 4,919 Posts
    • 16,359 Thanks
    indesisiv
    • 13th Oct 17, 8:19 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 8:19 AM
    I prefer to have Fridays off. Although this week i have friday afternoon off and Monday morning.
    ďTime is intended to be spent, not savedĒ - Alfred Wainwright
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 13th Oct 17, 9:37 AM
    • 1,465 Posts
    • 4,205 Thanks
    Izadora
    • 13th Oct 17, 9:37 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 9:37 AM
    Monday is better to deal with the Sunday blues. Also in many jobs fridays tend to be shorter working hours. Even if they arenít shorter people are in a better mood than on Mondays.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    That's exactly what I was going to say. The atmosphere in my office is never brilliant but it's one hell of a lot better on a Friday than a Monday.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 13th Oct 17, 10:21 AM
    • 7,412 Posts
    • 13,613 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    • 13th Oct 17, 10:21 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 10:21 AM
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    I have worked Mon-Fri jobs before and never finished early on Friday
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 13th Oct 17, 11:21 AM
    • 537 Posts
    • 1,310 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    • 13th Oct 17, 11:21 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 11:21 AM
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Me too, 5 permanent employers in my working life plus numerous temp jobs when I was younger, I don't remember any of them finishing earlier on a Friday.
    • poorly scammo
    • By poorly scammo 13th Oct 17, 12:52 PM
    • 32,056 Posts
    • 66,674 Thanks
    poorly scammo
    • 13th Oct 17, 12:52 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 12:52 PM
    Friday as my commute home is awful.
    4.30: conduct pigeon orchestra...
    • NewShadow
    • By NewShadow 13th Oct 17, 2:46 PM
    • 2,499 Posts
    • 11,180 Thanks
    NewShadow
    • 13th Oct 17, 2:46 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 2:46 PM
    I work condensed hours and almost always have Friday off - subject to work need.

I hate it when I have to have a Monday off.

Everyone has a sucky Monday, where everything's slow to get started and you're figuring out what you need to do for the week - if you miss that then you're coming in slow on Tuesday, but everyone's had a head start on you.

I come in on a Tuesday morning to a half dozen 'bright ideas' from my boss, plus a shed load of emails from people 'catching up', and I just want to ease into it when everyone else is already up to speed.

Sucks donkeys.

Wednesdays can be good - splits the week in two and there's often cheap things on mid-week - with Tuesday being the quietest night in most restaurants/cinemas - if you fancy trying to be sociable.
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore, there is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar...
    Byron
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 13th Oct 17, 6:24 PM
    • 26,862 Posts
    • 14,585 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    • 13th Oct 17, 6:24 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 6:24 PM
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Unlucky. One job I had worked 8am to 1.30pm on Friday and another was 7.30am to 12.30pm on a Friday.
    • Tarry
    • By Tarry 13th Oct 17, 7:54 PM
    • 10,496 Posts
    • 23,512 Thanks
    Tarry
    I would prefer Fridays, but that would never happen as Friday mornings are my busiest days.
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread

-I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
    • Deep In Debt
    • By Deep In Debt 13th Oct 17, 8:23 PM
    • 8,049 Posts
    • 12,429 Thanks
    Deep In Debt
    I had the afternoon off today as I'd done a lot of extra hours this week so my boss told me I could finish at lunch time if I wished. We don't normally finish early on a Friday.

If I take a Monday off, then I often get the Monday evening blues and Tuesday feels like my Monday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,325Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin