Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • piggypolo
    • By piggypolo 12th Oct 17, 7:58 AM
    • 20Posts
    • 4Thanks
    piggypolo
    CCBC
    • 12th Oct 17, 7:58 AM
    CCBC 12th Oct 17 at 7:58 AM
    Hi, I received a claim form from CCBC yesterday. The only details it has is my name, date and reference. The date is April 2015. I have absolutely no idea what it relates to. The only reason I ended up here was after I googled CCBC. Then it was either parking fines or something to do with credit cards. I have never had a credit card so I know it can't be that. I do drive and I have probably had 2 parking fines in total over the last 27 years but they have been paid promptly. I really don't know what to do. I genuinely have no idea what it is for. Any advice please?
Page 1
    • piggypolo
    • By piggypolo 12th Oct 17, 8:00 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    piggypolo
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:00 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:00 AM
    before anyone says it - how do I start a new thread?
    • piggypolo
    • By piggypolo 12th Oct 17, 8:01 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    piggypolo
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:01 AM
    County Court Buisness Centre letter
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:01 AM
    Hi, I received a claim form from CCBC yesterday. The only details it has is my name, date and reference. The date is April 2015. I have absolutely no idea what it relates to. The only reason I ended up here was after I googled CCBC. Then it was either parking fines or something to do with credit cards. I have never had a credit card so I know it can't be that. I do drive and I have probably had 2 parking fines in total over the last 27 years but they have been paid promptly. I really don't know what to do. I genuinely have no idea what it is for. Any advice please?
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 12th Oct 17, 8:05 AM
    • 2,585 Posts
    • 3,848 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:05 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:05 AM
    Click on new thread at the top of the forum.
    • muleskinner
    • By muleskinner 12th Oct 17, 8:17 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    muleskinner
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:17 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:17 AM
    On the top left of the form under 'claimant' it should give the claimant's name and address. What does it say there?

And what exactly does it say under 'Particulars of Claim'?
    • piggypolo
    • By piggypolo 12th Oct 17, 10:07 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    piggypolo
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:07 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:07 AM
    It says Civil Enforcement Limited

Particulars of Claim - Date - 25/4/15 Description - Ref no. Amount 236 Due date 25/4/15
    • piggypolo
    • By piggypolo 12th Oct 17, 10:08 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    piggypolo
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:08 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:08 AM
    The claimant claims the sum of 282.19 for outstanding debt and damages including 46.19 interest ....
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    • 16,936 Posts
    • 21,061 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    as it was sent this month the rules changed on 01 oct 2017 , so it may fall foul of them

regardless, you should read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, especially the BARGEPOLE links , follow his advice and firstly do the AOS online by logging into their site and doing so

leave the defence box completely blank

you dont need to do anything else online for now and this will extend your deadline from 14 to 28 days, giving you more time

then read maybe a dozen recent 2017 CEL defences from other similar CEL court claim threads on here , plus the ones linked in that NEWBIES thread post #2

now draft your own defence in word or similar , copy to notepad and post on here for critique
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • piggypolo
    • By piggypolo 12th Oct 17, 10:36 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    piggypolo
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:36 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:36 AM
    What rules changed? and is it bad news for me? sorry, I just don't understand and its making me quite anxious. thanks.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Oct 17, 10:38 AM
    • 16,936 Posts
    • 21,061 Thanks
    Redx
    the rules on pre-action protocols (what constitutes and LBC and why they should be sent out prior to court being instigated - court is a last resort after all)

and the procedures the PPC must follow when they set out their initial court claim , much more elaborate than before

so better for you, harder for them
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • piggypolo
    • By piggypolo 12th Oct 17, 10:45 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    piggypolo
    thanks so far! how do I go about putting a defence together when I don't know what they are taking me to court for? will they provide further information at some point? Its so long ago..

Sorry but can you tell me what LBC and PPC and AOS are?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Oct 17, 10:49 AM
    • 16,936 Posts
    • 21,061 Thanks
    Redx
    read posts #1 , #2 , #3 , #4 and especially post #9 of the NEWBIES sticky thread

post #9 explains acronyms

post #2 deals with LBC and MCOL

google MCOL and read the government website details about it (small claims court)

the idea behind the new protocols is that the PPC or their solicitors contact each other and disclose full details of the alleged debt before and at the beginning of any claim

that way you should be informed about the background and proof of any alleged debt and then take it from there

this is to replace the scant details they used to give out and a judge will expect them to have complied with all of the new protocols and for you to be fully informed from the outset

post #2 helps you deal with this particular court claim (your MCOL) , as I said earlier
    Last edited by Redx; 12-10-2017 at 10:51 AM.
    Newbies !!
    • piggypolo
    • By piggypolo 12th Oct 17, 10:53 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    piggypolo
    Ok thanks I will read them all
    • piggypolo
    • By piggypolo 12th Oct 17, 11:05 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    piggypolo
    never used it before but thank you so much for your contribution you really are a star.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Oct 17, 11:11 AM
    • 15,945 Posts
    • 24,737 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    What rules changed? and is it bad news for me? sorry, I just don't understand and its making me quite anxious. thanks.
    Originally posted by piggypolo
    Further to Redxs advice, here is a synopsis of the new rules put together by a well known law firm.

https://www.hilldickinson.com/insights/articles/new-pre-action-protocol-debt-claims
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Oct 17, 11:12 AM
    • 33,584 Posts
    • 17,463 Thanks
    Quentin
    Now you have learnt how to post, it would be helpful if you were to delete all your posts cluttering the Newbies FAQ thread.

Use the edit facility to do so
    • soolin
    • By soolin 12th Oct 17, 10:10 PM
    • 59,595 Posts
    • 42,290 Thanks
    soolin
    I've moved some posts from the newbies thread and merged with the new thread.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • piggypolo
    • By piggypolo 13th Oct 17, 9:38 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    piggypolo
    Hi. I keep reading about Letter before County Court Claim (LBCC) - what I have is a Claim Form - is it the same thing? I read an example of LBCC but it is a letter, mine is a form with a response pack, admission page and a defence and counterclaim page. Shall I just acknowledge for now and then try and work out what to do?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Oct 17, 9:45 AM
    • 33,584 Posts
    • 17,463 Thanks
    Quentin
    You have a claim against you (mcol)

Concentrate on#2 in the Newbies faq thread which comprehensively covers what to do

Yes submit the AOS. There is a link to a walkthrough on how to do it in that post
    • piggypolo
    • By piggypolo 13th Oct 17, 1:29 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    piggypolo
    I am so confused. All I am trying to do at the moment is submit the response. AOS - approvied operator scheme - in my case is that CEL? Or do I have register on MCOL and respond there? As per the form, it appears that I can only fill it in and post it... Its been 2 days now and I am going round in circles..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,325Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin