Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kokolino23
    • By kokolino23 12th Oct 17, 9:58 PM
    • 93Posts
    • 11Thanks
    kokolino23
    another UKPC PCN and appeal missed - final warning b4 Court?
    • 12th Oct 17, 9:58 PM
    another UKPC PCN and appeal missed - final warning b4 Court? 12th Oct 17 at 9:58 PM
    Hello,
    My wife parked slightly on the line (was raining so badly so the lines weren't quite visible), was inside a shop for no more than 5 minutes and found the nasty surprise on her return.
    They were waiting nearby for hunting for careless people.
    £0 to park there (as long as you park within the bays) but the fine was £80 ?!
    We ignored them as advised on various forums, now Debt Recovering Plus started their bit and increased the payment to £160 and threatening with Court.
    My wife got scared and she wants to pay but I'm the car owner and I don't!
    Should I have the fun going to Court if they'll end up going that route ?!
    Thanks
    Last edited by kokolino23; 18-10-2017 at 6:34 PM.
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th Oct 17, 10:01 PM
    • 7,737 Posts
    • 8,003 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:01 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:01 PM
    but the fine was £80 ?!
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 12th Oct 17, 10:13 PM
    • 2,585 Posts
    • 3,848 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:13 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:13 PM
    DR+ aren't threatening court they can't
    The fine charge has not increased to £160 that's just DR+ playing you for a sucker.
    Pity you didn't come here first, and read the newbies thread you would know ignoring gets you bother!
    • kokolino23
    • By kokolino23 13th Oct 17, 6:26 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    kokolino23
    • 13th Oct 17, 6:26 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 6:26 PM
    Yes, the charge was £80 and went straight to the bin!
    As suggested here, of course I did look here first and followed the advice. All the other notifications also ended in our recycle bin.
    I'll ignore them further as outlined already here. If they'll take us to court...We'll rely on our fellows MSE to build up our defence.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 13th Oct 17, 6:45 PM
    • 2,585 Posts
    • 3,848 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 13th Oct 17, 6:45 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 6:45 PM
    Yes, the charge was £80 and went straight to the bin!
    As suggested here, of course I did look here first and followed the advice. All the other notifications also ended in our recycle bin.
    I'll ignore them further as outlined already here. If they'll take us to court...We'll rely on our fellows MSE to build up our defence.
    Originally posted by kokolino23
    The advice on here is NOT to ignore, unless you are in NI or Scotland, and that has been since 2012!
    • kokolino23
    • By kokolino23 14th Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    kokolino23
    • 14th Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    • 14th Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    I acknowledge NOW that the advice here is different but it's too late unfortunately.
    At the time, I went online form my mobile and read this:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3981683
    and this
    https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=103770
    And looked like I should ignore them.

Although it's FREE to park where my wife had the PCN, you have to park within the pays. Because was raining very badly, she didn't see the bays and was slightly off them. Obviously they were hunting the offenders as she was out of that shop in 5 minutes.

I'm NOT the offender but I'm the registered keeper. I can prove that at the time I was somewhere else (at work) as I've got a company vehicle.

What the best course of action NOW, please?
    THANKS A LOT!
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 15th Oct 17, 10:46 AM
    • 1,197 Posts
    • 2,373 Thanks
    Lamilad
    • 15th Oct 17, 10:46 AM
    • 15th Oct 17, 10:46 AM
    I acknowledge NOW that the advice here is different but it's too late unfortunately.
    At the time, I went online form my mobile and read this:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3981683
    There hasn't been any advice to ignore on here for over 5 years and, sure enough, that thread you looked at is well over 5 years old.

Why would you go to the effort of finding and reading an archaic thread and then following its long out of date advice?

You could've, much more easily, read any one of the hundreds of threads currently active on the forum... Or just the NEWBIES thread at the top of page 1?

I'm NOT the offender but I'm the registered keeper. I can prove that at the time I was somewhere else (at work) as I've got a company vehicle.
    Doesn't matter if they have complied with schedule 4 of the protection of Freedoms Act in their PCN/ NTK - which UKPC usually do.

Read para 8 of PoFA and compare to the PCN/ NTK. Or post a pic on here using imgur, tinypic, Dropbox etc - change any links from http to hxxp as we will have to activate them for you.

What the best course of action NOW, please?
    Read the NEWBIES thread in detail understand what you're up against.

Dr+ SHOULD be ignored, they are irrelevant and powerless. Come back if you get anything from UKPC or their solicitors, esp if it's a letter before claim/ action, or similar.
    • kokolino23
    • By kokolino23 18th Oct 17, 6:38 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    kokolino23
    • 18th Oct 17, 6:38 PM
    • 18th Oct 17, 6:38 PM
    Well, what can I say now ?! When I first read the advice to bin the PCN, I did it from my phone and didn't notice the very old date for that thread. Too late now... I've explained myself already.

Anyway, today another letter from DR+ through the post, offering a final settlement of £136 instead of £160.
    Letter attached... what should I do ?!

THANKS
    Last edited by kokolino23; 18-10-2017 at 6:43 PM.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 18th Oct 17, 6:46 PM
    • 1,815 Posts
    • 3,205 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 18th Oct 17, 6:46 PM
    • 18th Oct 17, 6:46 PM
    http://www.origami-fun.com/origami-instructions.html
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 18th Oct 17, 6:54 PM
    • 6,470 Posts
    • 8,292 Thanks
    beamerguy
    kokolino23

WHAT TO DO ???

As said 1000's of times on here .... IGNORE DRP
    NEVER REPLY TO DRP .... DRP ARE SIMPLE TIMEWASTERS

WHAT WILL DRP DO ?
    When it sinks in that you are not a sucker they give up
    as failures. They then pass it back to the PPC

DRP = JOKE OF THE CENTURY
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • kokolino23
    • By kokolino23 18th Oct 17, 6:54 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    kokolino23
    They do offer a settlement of £136 through DR+ but on the UKPC website, the PCN is £161.50 ?!
    I'm not particularly worried but I don't fancy getting to court or ending up paying a LOT of money for an initial £80 PCN...
    Thanks for your valuable advice
    • kokolino23
    • By kokolino23 18th Oct 17, 6:55 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    kokolino23
    kokolino23

WHAT TO DO ???

As said 1000's of times on here .... IGNORE DRP
    NEVER REPLY TO DRP .... DRP ARE SIMPLE TIMEWASTERS

WHAT WILL DRP DO ?
    When it sinks in that you are not a sucker they give up
    as failures. They then pass it back to the PPC

DRP = JOKE OF THE CENTURY
    Originally posted by beamerguy

What is PPC? Thanks
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 18th Oct 17, 7:01 PM
    • 4,755 Posts
    • 3,099 Thanks
    KeithP
    Did you get as far as post #4 of the NEWBIES thread?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 18th Oct 17, 7:07 PM
    • 6,470 Posts
    • 8,292 Thanks
    beamerguy
    They do offer a settlement of £136 through DR+ but on the UKPC website, the PCN is £161.50 ?!
    I'm not particularly worried but I don't fancy getting to court or ending up paying a LOT of money for an initial £80 PCN...
    Thanks for your valuable advice
    Originally posted by kokolino23
    The PCN is not £161.50 ? no more than £100

I do hope you are NOT gullible enough to even consider
    paying DRP

I trust you realise you are in the middle of a scam ?

Worst case scenario is that you lose in court .. £170-£180

Next scenario is that UKPC will do nothing

Best case scenario is that you win (with UKPC, you probably will)
    and with the help on here ... then you can claim costs

PPC = PRIVATE PARKING COMPANY
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 18th Oct 17, 7:14 PM
    • 2,585 Posts
    • 3,848 Thanks
    fisherjim
    DR+ are liars they can't take you to court, they don't want to hand it back to UKPC (who can try court) as they are on a no win no fee basis, so they twist the truth the fee can't go back to £160 it was never £160!
    • kokolino23
    • By kokolino23 18th Oct 17, 8:07 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    kokolino23
    On the UK PC website is £160 + £1.50 admin charge, I don't know where they've got that from. Missing the appeal and not reading carefully here was my big mistake but I'll make sure I'll get the right info from now on...
    Many thanks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Oct 17, 8:59 PM
    • 15,921 Posts
    • 24,681 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Just catching up on this thread. We need to disabuse you of this misconception.

If they'll take us to court...We'll rely on our fellows MSE to build up our defence.
    Err ..... No! You will need to do this yourself. You might be lucky to find one of the very few people with court experience who might be able to steer you in the right direction. But relying on anyone here to ‘build up your defence’ for you is so wide of the target, you’ve got no chance. Sorry to be so blunt!

We are not a legal forum, excitedly waiting for the next defence to write. We are best able to assist at base parking charge level, when, had you come to us initially, this would by now have well disappeared from your radar.

Just so as you’re aware of limitations here. Of late there have been so many over-expectations, it’s unreal.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    • 51,758 Posts
    • 65,400 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Did you get as far as post #4 of the NEWBIES thread?
    Originally posted by KeithP
    The section all about DRPlus and begging posters not to post about their BORING letters? How do people miss it?

And this thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

Please spare us all the tedious letter chain including the Gladstones one...yawn.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,013Posts Today

7,394Users online

Martin's Twitter