Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JuLeSg100
    • By JuLeSg100 12th Oct 17, 9:00 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JuLeSg100
    Tenancy Deposit not protected
    • 12th Oct 17, 9:00 PM
    Tenancy Deposit not protected 12th Oct 17 at 9:00 PM
    I’ve just found out that my Tenancy deposit wasn’t protected after my previous landlord refused to pay me it back. Has anyone use any of the “no win no fee” companies to take a landlord to court? Did you get your Monday back and who would you recommend I use?
Page 1
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 12th Oct 17, 9:11 PM
    • 15,387 Posts
    • 21,007 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 12th Oct 17, 9:11 PM
    Just write to the landlord pointing out that they failed in their legal requirement to protect your deposit, so they have 14 days to return it IN FULL otherwise you will sue them for 3X the amount.

If they don't return it in full, take it to the small claims court.

You certainly don't need a no win no fee company! Just do it yourself online if required - simples!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • Slithery
    • By Slithery 12th Oct 17, 9:11 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 529 Thanks
    Slithery
    Why pay someone to do it for you? It's easy enough to do yourself.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 12th Oct 17, 11:14 PM
    • 42,299 Posts
    • 49,141 Thanks
    G_M
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:14 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:14 PM
    ........ Has anyone use any of the “no win no fee” companies to take a landlord to court?
    Originally posted by JuLeSg100
    I doubt it. What's the point?

You spend ages giving all the facts, relevant info, evidence etc to a lawyer instead of to a court, and then if you win you only get half what the court awards you....

* Deposits: payment, protection and return
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,446Posts Today

7,325Users online

Martin's Twitter