Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 12th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    • 1,164Posts
    • 178Thanks
    littlerock
    Ballpark figure for roof repairs
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    Ballpark figure for roof repairs 12th Oct 17 at 8:25 PM
    large Victorian house with gable at front and long rear "arm" extension at back. roof is original slates. Some earlier repairs to rear extension but none at front so quite a few cracked tiles at front and + a few more at back with several slipped down into gutter front and back. Quote is to replace all damaged slates using new skates and lead clips, reseal gulley's front and rear, re point chimney, ridge and parapet walls pointing, clean out gutters, fit cowl on drainpipe down pipe.excludes scaffolding. excludes vat. Roof is high and steep and has several different angles. In London. £2500.
    Last edited by littlerock; 18-10-2017 at 3:31 PM.
Page 1
    • reg091
    • By reg091 13th Oct 17, 7:36 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    reg091
    • 13th Oct 17, 7:36 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 7:36 AM
    Don't know if this helps but I have just had my 3-bed Edwardian semi completely re-roofed. Original slates had been patched over the years but it's a losing battle as the nails that hold them all rust through eventually. Complete job: full scaffold, remove all slates and battens, lay membrane, new battens, new Spanish slate, various hips and ridges, install dry ridge vent system, repoint a chimney, new gutterering all round. £9,200. Very, very pleased with the job.
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 18th Oct 17, 3:32 PM
    • 1,164 Posts
    • 178 Thanks
    littlerock
    • 18th Oct 17, 3:32 PM
    • 18th Oct 17, 3:32 PM
    where do you live, approx?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,633Posts Today

6,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin