Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kallew
    • By Kallew 12th Oct 17, 8:15 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kallew
    Penalty charge notice Tower road newquay
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:15 PM
    Penalty charge notice Tower road newquay 12th Oct 17 at 8:15 PM
    Had a lovely holiday in Newquay in August, went to fistral beach for the day and parked here. Payed and displayed. Received this PCN through the post 6 weeks later. Unfortunately I didn't keep the pay and display ticket, and I can't remember how long I payed for. The PCN does not state what the violation was. I'm assuming they have a record of my pay and display, and I must have gone over the time on it? Should I ask them? Please advise!
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Oct 17, 8:18 PM
    • 33,606 Posts
    • 17,506 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:18 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:18 PM
    Before starting a new thread everyone is politely asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

Read it before doing anything

If you have any questions after understanding the game you are caught up in come back here.

To answer your q, no don't contact them to ask that!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Oct 17, 8:27 PM
    • 16,937 Posts
    • 21,073 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:27 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:27 PM
    chances are that its for an alleged overstay , so may say something like 13 minutes or whatever, that is the usual reason when people have paid and displayed

or its because the VRM was put into the machine incorrectly

or both

redact the NTK, scan it and post pics on tinypic , then add a dead URL to the pic

also say what the date of the contravention was and what the date on this NTK is too as 6 WEEKS is far too long for POFA2012

if its over 14 days, have they missed out the POFA2012 paragraph or not ? (the golden ticket paragraph)

do not contact them at all , no phones , no nothing

ps:- Its actually a PARKING Charge Notice, not a PENALTY
    Last edited by Redx; 12-10-2017 at 8:29 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

939Posts Today

5,676Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin