Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 12th Oct 17, 7:23 PM
    • 3,673Posts
    • 3,007Thanks
    dekaspace
    How can I easily hold in bottles in fridge?
    • 12th Oct 17, 7:23 PM
    How can I easily hold in bottles in fridge? 12th Oct 17 at 7:23 PM
    For some design reason the trays that hold in bottles like large milk containers aren't that tall, meaning unless I put small items in like sauces and yogurts they tip.

Already cracked many of the clips that the tray slides onto which I glued back on but dont want to damage the last normal one.

There was a metal bar that came with one of the trays but its near useless as bottles still tip on their side and bounce onto the floor often again damaging the already broken clips below it which I have to once again glue on.

The metal bar I assume would work if there was some way to attach it to the door, the basic design seems to be more it slides in a small gap on the top of the trays but again this is useless as the bottles tip on their side.

Any ideas?
Page 1
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 12th Oct 17, 10:49 PM
    • 3,673 Posts
    • 3,007 Thanks
    dekaspace
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:49 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:49 PM
    Interesting, well what I noticed if I do it that way is the large bottle i.e a bottle of pop is more likely to tip when doing it that way I think as the wobble from door opening bumps it too much.

Sponges is interesting but I don't think that will work with a heavy bottle

The issue seems to be more related to the height of the tray I checked it just 10 minutes ago and its just a millimeter or two bigger than one of those uht milks you get in a hotel or when you go to a coffee shop or fast food place, the wobble seems to tip it over the side or throw the weight to one side.
    • Slithery
    • By Slithery 12th Oct 17, 11:03 PM
    • 358 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    Slithery
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:03 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:03 PM
    Don't open the fridge door so quickly?
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Oct 17, 9:51 AM
    • 11,400 Posts
    • 7,677 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 13th Oct 17, 9:51 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 9:51 AM
    I have a Siemens side by side and in the door tray is a wavy piece of plastic which looks like a series of letter S's in a line. It allows the bottles to sit either side of the S and they are firmly held. It is rigid but flexible enough to allow a huge bottle of milk and a small bottle of sauce. It came with the fridge but I presume you might be able to find something similar. I don't know the name of it and Siemens just refer to it as "support divider for gallon bin" http://www.siemens-home.bsh-group.com/uk/shop-productlist/00673313

The pic isn't easy to understand as they have photographed them on their side. Imagine flipping them 90 degrees over (a quarter turn).

Edit - if you click their second pic it illustrates it better.
    • spadoosh
    • By spadoosh 13th Oct 17, 9:56 AM
    • 4,659 Posts
    • 6,111 Thanks
    spadoosh
    • 13th Oct 17, 9:56 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 9:56 AM
    Get some sticky pad hooks (like the command strips) and use a bungee cord. Not stretched or it will probably rip out the sticky pads but loosely hooked on should keep bottle in place if its past the pivot point.

You could probably make it look nicer using the stuff for net curtains although less flexible.
    Don't be angry!
    • rach_k
    • By rach_k 13th Oct 17, 1:50 PM
    • 1,057 Posts
    • 1,825 Thanks
    rach_k
    • 13th Oct 17, 1:50 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 1:50 PM
    Do your bottles need to be in the door? Sounds like the easiest solution would just be to lower the top shelf of the fridge enough and put them on there.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,475Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin