Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Morata_
    • By Morata_ 12th Oct 17, 5:09 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Morata_
    Perfect, buyer pulls out after a week...
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:09 PM
    Perfect, buyer pulls out after a week... 12th Oct 17 at 5:09 PM
    ...having sorted the solicitor and getting an offer accepted on another property!!

Thankfully vendors given us 2 weeks it seems as property not back on RM! So not all lost, absolutely gutted, anyone come through a similar situation and ending up buying/selling???

Agents put sold board up in 4 hrs, not replaced it again "for sale" 2 days on...got far too excitied!! (Trying to blame something...haha!)

Love the property process. Gutted.
Page 1
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 12th Oct 17, 5:10 PM
    • 486 Posts
    • 357 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:10 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:10 PM
    very common, just make sure it's on Right Move and take the sign down yourself if the agent wont
    • Morata_
    • By Morata_ 12th Oct 17, 5:18 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Morata_
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:18 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:18 PM
    Thankyou, have just requested the board be changed.

Read 1-4 fall through, in 2017 how can this stat be so high?

Praying we can attract a new buyer quickly...
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 12th Oct 17, 5:24 PM
    • 9,214 Posts
    • 57,734 Thanks
    LEJC
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:24 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:24 PM
    Lots of reasons...we could probably start a list as to why people pull out...and everyone who contributes will probably come up with a differing reason.

I've bought 4 properties in 6 years...and one of those purchases I pulled out of the original property we wanted when negotiations ground to a standstill

so I guess I'm possibly average and in line with the stats.
    frugal October...£37.39 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 141 out 118 in ...£14.92 spend
    • pinklady21
    • By pinklady21 12th Oct 17, 5:52 PM
    • 240 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    pinklady21
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:52 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:52 PM
    Only a week? Count yourself lucky - our second lot of buyers kept us hanging for over 4 months before deciding they had changed their minds. The air was blue around here that day. Best of luck, hope you find another buyer soon.
    • Morata_
    • By Morata_ 12th Oct 17, 5:58 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Morata_
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:58 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:58 PM
    Thanks all, gives me hope we may just pull this off.

Totally feel you're pain - 4 months then pulling out is harsh. Maybe they should introduce "fees" on making offers to offer sellers a little assurance and protection?
    • Time2go
    • By Time2go 12th Oct 17, 6:06 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Time2go
    • 12th Oct 17, 6:06 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 6:06 PM
    I heard it was 1 in 4.

Buyer 1 pulled out in a week after found place was listed and council scared him off. Two months later Buyer 2 pulled out as couldn't get right mortgage after 1 day. Accepted low offer from buyer three on provision exchanged within 4 weeks as we are buying a new build. We are now in week 7 and otherside solicitor is saying at least two more weeks till exchange!!!! We are now deciding whether to pull out.
    • Natbag
    • By Natbag 12th Oct 17, 6:25 PM
    • 1,121 Posts
    • 747 Thanks
    Natbag
    • 12th Oct 17, 6:25 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 6:25 PM
    After a week isn't so bad, was 5 weeks for us by which time everyone else who had been interested in our property were no longer so, so we had to start from scratch. We sold within two days the first time, but the second time we used up the whole two-week period of grace that our seller gave us to find another buyer.
    Selling and buying a house is a nightmare. It is a long and complicated road that is full of pitfalls, and things can go wrong at almost any stage. It's sadly very common. You just have to stay positive, pick yourself back up, do as much as you can to help things along and ride it out (and hopefully stay reasonably sane in the process!).
    Best of luck
    • Quizzical Squirrel
    • By Quizzical Squirrel 12th Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 4,047 Thanks
    Quizzical Squirrel
    • 12th Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    Sometimes buyers offer on multiple properties because they have nothing to lose by doing so.
    Maybe you were one of those unlucky sellers.
    • spendinglikemad
    • By spendinglikemad 13th Oct 17, 11:45 AM
    • 204 Posts
    • 1,495 Thanks
    spendinglikemad
    Going through this ourselves as our buyer couldn't get the mortgage
    Fed up!
    Family of 4 plus cat!
    • cloo
    • By cloo 13th Oct 17, 12:15 PM
    • 902 Posts
    • 791 Thanks
    cloo
    Just be glad it was only a week before you'd spent a tonne of cash
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 13th Oct 17, 12:17 PM
    • 29,500 Posts
    • 55,155 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    We pulled out from a house purchase after a month over 40 years ago, as we both realised we couldn't live there as it had a 'creepy' feel

We also pulled out of one a few years ago, as we found out that the freeholder would not allow us to rent it out, also after about a month.

It happens, Just get back into the saddle and carry on riding.
    To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and to sing it to them when they have forgotten it
    'I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it': C.S. Lewis
    St. Augustine — 'In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity.'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,644Posts Today

6,895Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin