Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • flippin36
    • By flippin36 12th Oct 17, 1:55 PM
    • 1,953Posts
    • 6,391Thanks
    flippin36
    Food budget
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:55 PM
    Food budget 12th Oct 17 at 1:55 PM
    My daughter has been at Uni for nearly 4 weeks and tells me she is spending no more than £15 a week on food!! She is a veggie and loves cooking, doesn't drink alcohol, but this seems very low to me.

She is not a huge eater, but she does like her food. She is shopping at Aldi and freezing absolutely everything that she isn't using up. No take-aways yet.

Is this normal?
    Last edited by flippin36; 12-10-2017 at 2:01 PM.
Page 1
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 12th Oct 17, 2:01 PM
    • 1,260 Posts
    • 3,175 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:01 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:01 PM
    My food budget for me & my 13 year old daughter is £25 a week so I would say yes its normal. I also shop at Aldi.
    Hiraeth
    • Lokolo
    • By Lokolo 12th Oct 17, 2:10 PM
    • 19,774 Posts
    • 14,778 Thanks
    Lokolo
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:10 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:10 PM
    Meat is usually the most expensive item when shopping.

Pasta/noodles/potatoes are all cheap cheap items. I used to get a packet of noodles for 20p!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

208Posts Today

1,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin