Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • westv
    • By westv 12th Oct 17, 1:27 PM
    • 4,327Posts
    • 1,891Thanks
    westv
    Skipton Mortgage Product Switches
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:27 PM
    Skipton Mortgage Product Switches 12th Oct 17 at 1:27 PM
    I noticed the other day that they now offer online non advised product switches if "we think you are eligible" whereas before you had to go through a telephone interview. How they decided who is "eligible" or not I have no idea.
    I switched a few months ago so I won't need to worry about any of this for some time.
Page 1
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 13th Oct 17, 8:09 AM
    • 9,877 Posts
    • 3,829 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 13th Oct 17, 8:09 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 8:09 AM
    Starting this year you will be able to get a proper service from a mortgage broker.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • westv
    • By westv 13th Oct 17, 8:39 AM
    • 4,327 Posts
    • 1,891 Thanks
    westv
    • 13th Oct 17, 8:39 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 8:39 AM
    Starting this year you will be able to get a proper service from a mortgage broker.
    Originally posted by amnblog
    Why would anybody pay for a broker if all they are doing is switching products?
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 13th Oct 17, 9:06 AM
    • 32,080 Posts
    • 17,170 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 13th Oct 17, 9:06 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 9:06 AM
    We don't charge for product transfers, so I'd assume many other brokers don't either.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 13th Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    • 9,877 Posts
    • 3,829 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 13th Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    Those they do will swiftly discover that the market won't stand it in my view KS.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,692Posts Today

8,906Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin