Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vanpopple
    • By vanpopple 12th Oct 17, 12:40 PM
    • 1,175Posts
    • 7,114Thanks
    vanpopple
    BLUE NUN Wont issue prize
    • 12th Oct 17, 12:40 PM
    BLUE NUN Wont issue prize 12th Oct 17 at 12:40 PM
    As i dont have receipt :

The terms and conditions were legally checked in advance to ensure they met the UK Code on Non-Broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing (CAP code) in relation to a promotion of this type.

The typing error of one numerical digit in the long terms and conditions on our website was a unfortunate oversight during proof-reading but it is clear that, based on the number of entrants and successful claims made to date, that this was not a malicious or purposeful attempt to avoid our responsibilities as a Promotor.

Proof of purchase, in the form of an itemised till receipt, is required for any prize claim to be made. Our responsibilities to consumers were met by stating this on the collaret. The receipt is essential to demonstrate that the promotional product was purchased prior to entry into the competition. Without this we are unable to verify the claim and therefore fulfil the prize.

We do appreciate your frustration but this is not a special or unrealistic request. The Superluckyme.com website you mentioned in your earlier email, details a winning moments promotion from earlier this year. With that promotion a transaction number from the store receipt was required to enter and a copy of the receipt was required in order to successfully claim the prize.

Once again, we are sorry that you are disappointed with this outcome but it would be inappropriate for us to award the mini-break prize in this instance as it would be unfair to other participants.

As previously advised and detailed in Clause 36, your claim will be kept open for 21 days from date of your win notification. Our gesture of goodwill still stands. If you change your mind then please let us know and we will arrange prompt dispatch of your case of wine.

Kind regards

Blue Nun Team
    Still comping, after 2 heart attacks 4th feb & 6th feb, and a stent put in.. 45 years old only
Page 1
    • toniq
    • By toniq 12th Oct 17, 12:48 PM
    • 27,930 Posts
    • 572,567 Thanks
    toniq
    • 12th Oct 17, 12:48 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 12:48 PM
    Where did you buy this bottle from?

How did you pay cash/card?
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY!

• vanpopple
    • By vanpopple 12th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    • 1,175 Posts
    • 7,114 Thanks
    vanpopple
    • 12th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    re
    • 12th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    Tesco and paid cash as only bought some milk, pop and blue nun it was £7.00 total.
    Still comping, after 2 heart attacks 4th feb & 6th feb, and a stent put in.. 45 years old only
    • toniq
    • By toniq 12th Oct 17, 1:10 PM
    • 27,930 Posts
    • 572,567 Thanks
    toniq
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:10 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:10 PM
    I really think you have zero chance of getting the prize, this is the same type of terms Asda used on it's Shades comp, They can't prove you had actually bought the wine before your win, otherwise the comp would be a free for all as you can imagine.

I think you need to put this down to experience, however hard it stings, most mini breaks end up costing a fortune in meals and travel so maybe a lucky escape.

Good luck

x

• vanpopple
    • By vanpopple 12th Oct 17, 1:12 PM
    • 1,175 Posts
    • 7,114 Thanks
    vanpopple
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:12 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:12 PM
    Yeah my own fault but suppose the wife gets a case of blue nun at least (wasnt too bothered about cologne after what happened last year there)
    • toniq
    • By toniq 12th Oct 17, 1:14 PM
    • 27,930 Posts
    • 572,567 Thanks
    toniq
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:14 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:14 PM
    Lots of luck for bigger and better

x

• tinker15
    • By tinker15 12th Oct 17, 2:37 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 5,916 Thanks
    tinker15
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:37 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:37 PM
    Tesco and paid cash as only bought some milk, pop and blue nun it was £7.00 total.
    Originally posted by vanpopple
    Do you have a clubcard and if so did you use it as you may be able to track it back that way.

Hope it all works out well for you.
    Comping from May 2012

Thank you to all that post & contribute, I think you are wonderful, I could not achieve without your help
    • vanpopple
    • By vanpopple 12th Oct 17, 4:16 PM
    • 1,175 Posts
    • 7,114 Thanks
    vanpopple
    • 12th Oct 17, 4:16 PM
    thanks
    • 12th Oct 17, 4:16 PM
    no dont have a club card.
    oh well if nothing else i'll get a case of wine
    • vanpopple
    • By vanpopple 13th Oct 17, 2:15 PM
    • 1,175 Posts
    • 7,114 Thanks
    vanpopple
    • 13th Oct 17, 2:15 PM
    Quick Update Result
    • 13th Oct 17, 2:15 PM
    After a few emails Blue Nun are sending me a case of wine.
    So although not top prize, I still won (even tho its over mse rules £5.15p).

So its gonna be a ''Blue Nun'' christmas in our home...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,993Posts Today

6,456Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin