Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fryboy85
    • By fryboy85 12th Oct 17, 12:33 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    fryboy85
    Gladstone's / SIP Parking Court Claim Form
    • 12th Oct 17, 12:33 PM
    Gladstone's / SIP Parking Court Claim Form 12th Oct 17 at 12:33 PM
    Hi all,

So I've been reading your threads for a little while now, as I had an issue with a parking company called SIP Parking. I'll start from the top, here goes -

So last January I received a final warning letter for a parking 'ticket' I never actually received. No notice to driver, no notice to keeper, just a final warning letter. So, I emailed them asking what the letter related to. They sent over four photos of my car, one of which had a yellow parking 'ticket' on the front of the windscreen.

The photos were literally just of my car, pitch black in the background, the car could've been anywhere. Coupled with the fact that I've never heard of this parking company, or that I had received the ticket, I challenged the validity of their issue.

I spent months going back & forth with various people at Gladstones (who are now representing them), asking for legitimate evidence that a breach of contract had actually taken place, as their photos proved nothing. I informed them that I was only the owner of the vehicle, and not the driver, and this seemed to resist them. But last week, I received a Claim Form from the county court for the sum of 244.65.

I have done exactly what your thread suggets to, which is sign up online and and acknowledge the claim. Now I'm preparing the next stage, the defence. So as your thread suggets, I'm creating this thread to get some help and support!

If you guys could let me know what is best to do, that'd really help (I.E. attach the emails, photos etc). I really want to defend this as they haven't given me any valid reason which proves I have in fact breach any contract.

Thanks again!
    Danny
Page 1
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 12th Oct 17, 1:07 PM
    • 1,009 Posts
    • 2,010 Thanks
    Lamilad
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:07 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:07 PM
    In all the time you've spent reading and researching on this forum have you read the NEWBIES thread?

Post #2 explains the court process in detail and tells you what to do and when. There are links to good example defences.

Plus there are loads of Gladstone's defences posted on other threads, you just need to search for them and then create your own draft which we will review for you.

If sip have complied with PoFA then it doesn't matter that you weren't driving as they can transfer liability to the registered keeper (which I assume is you)... But have they? Have you asked them or Gladstone's to send you a copy of the PCN and NTK which they allege has previously been sent to you?
    • fryboy85
    • By fryboy85 12th Oct 17, 1:37 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fryboy85
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:37 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:37 PM
    Hi Lamiliad,

I thought I did read the NEWBIES thread, as after you've done all the acknowledgment of the court claim it says to create a thread in order to draft your defence? But I firstly need advice on how to draft, and which templates would be suit my dilemma no? Anyways, we're here now.

So I requested the PCN and NTK and they have sent me printed copies of both (neither of them signed). I have those in my emails if they're useful to view?

Thanks for your quick reply
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Oct 17, 2:20 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 16,998 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:20 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:20 PM
    ... I firstly need advice on how to draft, and which templates would be suit my dilemma no? Anyways, we're here now......
    Originally posted by fryboy85

Read #2 again in the newbies faq thread.

Lots of advice there on how to construct a defence

You have to do the constructing!

Then put it up here for comment
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

695Posts Today

5,371Users online

Martin's Twitter