Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tractorman123
    • By Tractorman123 12th Oct 17, 11:50 AM
    • 19Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Tractorman123
    Nationwide refer a friend: joint account
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:50 AM
    Nationwide refer a friend: joint account 12th Oct 17 at 11:50 AM
    Hi guys, me and the wife have a second joint account with RBS for Christmas money, can I use the nationwide's refer a friend to switch this joint account to a flex-direct and get £200?
    I take it I'd just use my wifes name and email as I can't recommend myself?!
    Silly question but just need the obvious pointed out!
    Thanks!
Page 1
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 13th Oct 17, 9:46 AM
    • 594 Posts
    • 171 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    • 13th Oct 17, 9:46 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 9:46 AM
    This is exactly what I'm trying - there is nothing (as far as I can tell) in the t & c to preclude this, so long as I don't recommend myself
    • Mogley
    • By Mogley 13th Oct 17, 10:39 AM
    • 217 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    Mogley
    • 13th Oct 17, 10:39 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 10:39 AM
    Just a suggestion but why don't you and your wife open individual accounts with RBS. Set up two direct debits on each of the new accounts and recommend each other for individual flexdirect accounts to bag £400?

I think what you suggest is feasible as long as you log in to your nationwide online banking and fill out the refer a friend form. Your wife then initiates the switch from her online banking and fills out the form in the link you email to her.
    No.25 for 2017 £1070/£4000 saved.
    You should pay attention to the needs of the moment - otherwise there is no future. But to ignore the future is foolish - living solely for the moment leaves nothing for when the next moment arrives.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,196Posts Today

6,913Users online

Martin's Twitter