Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zhaobin
    • By zhaobin 12th Oct 17, 11:11 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    zhaobin
    Terrible SDL bigwood (looking for advise)
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:11 AM
    Terrible SDL bigwood (looking for advise) 12th Oct 17 at 11:11 AM
    I bought an apartment at park central, Birmingham in July 2016 and paying £2100 annual service charge. in Oct 2017 i received a bill for additional maintenance charge of £2300 for the period from March 2013 to March 2015 (i was just paid half year service fee ow £1050 two weeks ago). As my solicitor only requested £300 for the retention fee (£250 already paid to the heating recharge) so i have to pay this additional service charge myself.

The park central property is only 10 years old and SDL bigwood is the management company. i think they use leaseholders as their cash machine as there is no concierge, no CCTV etc in the building and we still paying £2100 a year service charge plus additional £1100 maintenance (my friend said they did same in 2012 charge extra money for the period from 2009). it seems they want charge £3200 annual service fee but that would sound terrible so they always send bill for the period 3-4 years ago and never informed the leaseholders that they will be billed extra.

Don't know what to do now, seems we can't get away with this and just keep paying ridiculous money for nothing.
Page 1
    • bengalknights
    • By bengalknights 12th Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 1,513 Thanks
    bengalknights
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    Wow thats quite high have property on the same estate and SC is around £900 a year but have managed to avoid SDL by referring them back to the fees that were paid to previous service charge company.

Yours isn't the building that lost most its roof by any chance is it? Might explain why its high
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,264Posts Today

7,965Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin