Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gwenig3
    • By Gwenig3 12th Oct 17, 11:09 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Gwenig3
    Packed Bank accounts
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:09 AM
    Packed Bank accounts 12th Oct 17 at 11:09 AM
    HI
    I have had a packaged bank account with RBS, royalties gold and now royalties platinum.

I want to reclaim charges on basis of being told I could get better mortgage and loan rate.

I cant remember when I started the packaged account as it has been a number of years, at least 10 years if not more. Do I have to put the exact date on the claim letter.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Oct 17, 11:20 AM
    • 89,880 Posts
    • 56,553 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:20 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:20 AM
    I have had a packaged bank account with RBS, royalties gold and now royalties platinum.
    Were these auto changed or did you change them over time? This is important as it can change the outcome.
    I want to reclaim charges on basis of being told I could get better mortgage and loan rate.
    And if that is correct, what is the problem with that?
    And if that was a lie, have you got any evidence you were told that?

I cant remember when I started the packaged account as it has been a number of years, at least 10 years if not more. Do I have to put the exact date on the claim letter.
    No you don't.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Gwenig3
    • By Gwenig3 12th Oct 17, 11:13 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Gwenig3
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:13 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:13 PM
    I never asked for any to change they changed as the account developed. I don't have written proof of being told this a day that it would improve my chance of a better mortgage rate. I am going to ask to change to a normal account as don't use anything on the account so get no benefit just pay dead money.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,942Posts Today

7,736Users online

Martin's Twitter